You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

abusive " TOP" player

edited December 2010 in Community Suggestions
i have just played a £5 sit n go, and encoutered very strong abuse from one of your so called , top players, is this really nescessary

Comments

• edited June 2010

was there a really offensive mum joke involved?

• edited June 2010

mum26 you should name and shame is so called top player. its not acceptable. ian

• edited June 2010
    In Response to abusive " TOP" player:
    i have just played a £5 sit n go, and encoutered very strong abuse from one of your so called , top players, is this really nescessary
    Posted by mum26
    hi mum26 i left a post a few weeks ago very much on the same lines about abuse and bad language i recieved from a player when i knocked them out of a £1.00 sit and go and what made it worst was my 9 year old daughter was looking over my shoulder at the time.the replies i got ranged from "don't worry about it" if thats all i'v got to worry about then i'm envied" and "what was i doing allowing my 9 year old to watch me gambling" so i'm afraid it's an all to common problem that people don't seem to think is a big deal.so to be honest i just play the freerolls on sky poker now and play the bulk of my buy in tournaments and cash games on another site which i have to say up to now i have recieved no abuse whats so ever and the play is alot more friendlier.
  • edited June 2010
    Ahhh thats a shame because they really are a very lovely bunch on here...the forumers are second to none and even the presenters get involved....I recon you should give us a chance! You never know, we may grow on you!!!

Abuse at the tables however is totally out of order and you should definitely report it to customer care...

Good luck at the tables whatever you decide

x
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: abusive " TOP" player:
    In Response to abusive " TOP" player : hi mum26 i left a post a few weeks ago very much on the same lines about abuse and bad language i recieved from a player when i knocked them out of a £1.00 sit and go and what made it worst was my 9 year old daughter was looking over my shoulder at the time.the replies i got ranged from "don't worry about it" if thats all i'v got to worry about then i'm envied" and "what was i doing allowing my 9 year old to watch me gambling" so i'm afraid it's an all to common problem that people don't seem to think is a big deal.so to be honest i just play the freerolls on sky poker now and play the bulk of my buy in tournaments and cash games on another site which i have to say up to now i have recieved no abuse whats so ever and the play is alot more friendlier.
    Posted by subzero1
    hi what site do you play on as too much of this on here sometimes, going apparently unnoticed
  • edited October 2010
    lol, is this for real, ppl are leaving the site due to abuse. Get a grip ffs
  • edited October 2010
    If you are thinking of leaving the site because of the abuse you received then you're wasting your time as this happens on every site. Poker is an emotional game where people are winning and losing money. If they think they have got unlucky, they will be quick to tell you how bad your play was or how you should have folded.
    I still get mad now when someone sucks out on me but i have learned over the years that calling people names will not get me my money back, so i keep quiet and just try to win it back.

Of course you can report them but the only way really to stop it ever happening again is to turn your chat off. although you shouldn't really need to do this I'm afraid it is the only way.

The thing I have noticed about this site compared to others is the amount of abuse you get when you have the best hand and you've always had the best hand. I stacked someone the other day with a set when they had 2 pair.
    I was ahead pre-flop, on the flop and every street. It did not stop my opponent firing every insult under the sun at me, even though he had called my pre-flop raise with the massive 10-5 suited.
    I couldn't help but put lol in the chat when he was in full flow of insult after insult.
    This doesn''t happen much on other sites but it made me chuckle, so you're not even safe on here from abuse if you have the best hand all the way.
    If it really bothers you, report them and turn the chat off, that would be my advice.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: abusive " TOP" player : hi what site do you play on as too much of this on here sometimes, going apparently unnoticed
    Posted by mum26
    hi mum26 again....i now play on pokerstars you have to download there software but that only takes a couple of minutes and no hassle.I actually left a post the other day after somebody told me if i didn't like the abuse then go and play with the Americans on there site.I said i would because in 3 months on that site a i had recieved no abuse whats so ever....That was until the other night when i recieved the same sort of abuse i used to get on sky poker...But guess what i was playing...a free roll open to uk and ireland players only.So as far as im concerned that says it all
    ..mum26...take my advice play on pokerstars or fulltilt..i dont think you'll regret it...good luck at the tables..
  • edited October 2010
    Subzero, i can guarantee that abuse happens on stars and Tilt, i've had it on both !

It is one of the elements of the game that companies will always try and marshall but never be able to remove. It is gambling, it is for money and wherever money is involved then tantrums will not be far behind (from the abusers not yourself of course). I'm a mild mannered Chap but would have to admit that VERY VERY RARELY i have let out a tirade when tilted by something i just didn't understand. I always try and keep this in check but we are none of us perfect. I don't think i've ever really offended anyone but there have been times i've cut it close.

Point is that this type of thing will always go on but do not take it to heart, it's not personal even if expressed that way, it's a reaction to money lost / won on the most part.

As for your 9 year old watching you play over your shoulder ??? so what, i taught my 9 year old to play and she's great :) lol

Enjoy your game and joins on the felt some time

ACES
  • edited October 2010
    Subzero, i can guarantee that abuse happens on stars and Tilt, i've had it on both ! It is one of the elements of the game that companies will always try and marshall but never be able to remove. It is gambling, it is for money and wherever money is involved then tantrums will not be far behind (from the abusers not yourself of course). I'm a mild mannered Chap but would have to admit that VERY VERY RARELY i have let out a tirade when tilted by something i just didn't understand. I always try and keep this in check but we are none of us perfect. I don't think i've ever really offended anyone but there have been times i've cut it close. Point is that this type of thing will always go on but do not take it to heart, it's not personal even if expressed that way, it's a reaction to money lost / won on the most part. As for your 9 year old watching you play over your shoulder ??? so what, i taught my 9 year old to play and she's great :) lol Enjoy your game and joins on the felt some time ACES
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    hi aces..yeah i have to admit it does happen on every site it just seems to me that it seems to happen far more on sky poker than any other site i'v played on.although its more than likely a small minority that play alot of the time.i think my main bug bear was the fact when i recieved the worst abuse i had ever recieved i was playing in a £1.00 sit and go if it had been a big pot or for higher stakes it might have not seemed so bad.still im glad i sent a post about it...not that anything was done by sky poker as alot of other people say nothing happened when they complained but im pleased to see its not just me that finds it a problem...as for your 9 year old...i wonder who would win if your 9 year old played my 9 year old...for matchsticks you understand... good luck at the tables.
  • edited October 2010
    people keep calling me a donkey! dont know why? ;)
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to abusive " TOP" player:
    Posted by mum26
    I wholeheartedly agree with all the sentiments posted on this thread and yes,  it is an emotive game where even the most mild mannered of players can feel prone to throw a fit now and again (if the game was really bland we wouldn't play it would we). But when this happens and players are abusive on the spur of the moment......then if they are genuinely sorry, then they should be big enough to apologise and the matter should end there, but no.....we all see plenty of abuse and nothing in the way of apologies.
    This is when we need to report it and I/we would like to know how seriously Sky really take this issue on board by way of feedback to all members, especially those at the table when the abuse took place. 
    Lets keep it fun to play and without all the hostility....plz.....Billy
  • edited October 2010
    Pathetic, grow a pair ffs and stop acting like babies!

If some key board warrior gives you the hump then it's YOU who needs to be reported for being soppy as a sac.

Honestly, what do you expect? Of course people are going to be emotional in a game of which they lose their hard earned.

You'll find that the people abusing others are normally those who have done their tank. Sit back and just pi  s s your pants in laughter as you imagine their family starving for the next week because you've relieved him of his last pony!
  • edited October 2010
    Pathetic, grow a pair ffs and stop acting like babies! If some key board warrior gives you the hump then it's YOU who needs to be reported for being soppy as a sac. Honestly, what do you expect? Of course people are going to be emotional in a game of which they lose their hard earned. You'll find that the people abusing others are normally those who have done their tank. Sit back and just pi  s s your pants in laughter as you imagine their family starving for the next week because you've relieved him of his last pony!
    Posted by guru87
    I think that's a bit too dismissive guru.

Personally it doesn't bother me one bit & I actually find the mahority of it quite funny, but some people are offended by such language & behaviour & at the end of the day the vast majority of us are here to pursue a hobby & have a bit of a laugh at the tables. No one should have to put up with anything that they find offensive imo.
  • edited October 2010
    I reported someone last night who was abusive to all the players on the table even before the cards had n
    been dealt.
    Tonight in a sit and go a regular player and another were both throwing insults at me , bad losers.
    I ignored their remarks,put it down to ignorance.
  • edited October 2010
    I reported someone last night who was abusive to all the players on the table even before the cards had n
    been dealt.
    Tonight in a sit and go a regular player and another were both throwing insults at me , bad losers.
    I ignored their remarks,put it down to ignorance.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: abusive:
    I reported someone last night who was abusive to all the players on the table even before the cards had n been dealt. Tonight in a sit and go a regular player and another were both throwing insults at me , bad losers. I ignored their remarks,put it down to ignorance.
    Posted by wynne193I   I wouldn't bother reporting it i never have as from what i can gather from other forumers nothing will happen anyway.So you just have to learn to live with it or play on another site and lets be honest and skypoker should take note theres plenty of other poker sites to chose from.
  • edited October 2010
    Hi guys,

Please report any abuse to our customer care team asap and they can look into it for you.

You can e-mail help@skypoker.com or you can call them on 08000 720 882.

The more information you have the better.

Thanks,
    Jordan
  • edited October 2010
    this is something that will never go away and it happens on every site im afraid the best thing you can do is turn the chat off and just enjoy your gaming. i have found this happen when the people in question have made bad play choises so take it out on you rather than thems selves just human nature i suppose. BUT THE MAIN THING TO REMEMBER IS THIS if they blame you for there bad play and bad luck then they certainly NOT TOP PLAYERS..........and my last piece of advise for these bad players is suck it up and shut up
  • edited October 2010
    There appears to be a simple answer to this, that is having a report button.

Working along the lines that if x amount of players hit that button on a player it removes that players ability to post chat. That player can play and post but all anyone will see is the ************************ for there post including the spaces.

I do not think that this would be too hard for the programmers and would allow everyone else to view the chat box, with their acceptable chat and comments.
  • edited October 2010
    There appears to be a simple answer to this, that is having a report button. Working along the lines that if x amount of players hit that button on a player it removes that players ability to post chat. That player can play and post but all anyone will see is the ************************ for there post including the spaces. I do not think that this would be too hard for the programmers and would allow everyone else to view the chat box, with their acceptable chat and comments.
    Posted by 4suited07
    good idea or what about something in the lines of a modorator button a few bigger sites have these so a modorator comes straite to your table and sorts things out there and then!
  • edited October 2010
    or you can just be the bigger man/woman and ignore it. I have had it once where i reported it because it was sick but to be completely honest i get just as much insults from my mates on here lol
    i wonder if they really like me?
  • edited November 2010

Honestly I do find it hard to work out why adults feel the need to worry about getting a bit of abuse in an emotional game. Are you kidding me? This happens on every site, and can happen live as well. When people are losing moeny they won't always do it with good grace.

All you really have to do is ignore them, or not use the chat box etc, or just send an e-mail to sky with the details. Not sure need to come and talk about it on the forums, as all players that play poker have seen abuse or had abuse, or maybe dished out a bit of their own from time to time if they get a little tilted.

As for how Sky feels about abuse... well its quite amusing that if you play via the set top box you can't actually chat, but you can use chat emotes, and two of them that spring to mind are "Idiot" and "LOL you clown!". So I guess they don't mind you throwing a little abuse, and I'd just sad there is no "You giant braying donkey!" one. ;)

• edited November 2010
    Honestly I do find it hard to work out why adults feel the need to worry about getting a bit of abuse in an emotional game. Are you kidding me? This happens on every site, and can happen live as well. When people are losing moeny they won't always do it with good grace. All you really have to do is ignore them, or not use the chat box etc, or just send an e-mail to sky with the details. Not sure need to come and talk about it on the forums, as all players that play poker have seen abuse or had abuse, or maybe dished out a bit of their own from time to time if they get a little tilted. As for how Sky feels about abuse... well its quite amusing that if you play via the set top box you can't actually chat, but you can use chat emotes, and two of them that spring to mind are "Idiot" and "LOL you clown!". So I guess they don't mind you throwing a little abuse, and I'd just sad there is no "You giant braying donkey!" one. ;)
    Posted by KAM99
    I've never understood why they have these options on there. You see a lot of post's telling people to report abuse when it's encountered but as sky actually sanction players calling each other these phrases i presume there not on the banned list??
  • edited November 2010
    Try hiding chat.

Alternatively, I believe the term is 'man up' :)
  • edited December 2010
    HI MUM........YEAH LEAVE THE SITE........SOON IT WILL BE THE COUNTRY.....THEN THE EARTH......   seriously....  if it was bad enough skypoker will do sumink about it......         but hey....   it would take something realy bad to get me to report someone....    most dont mean what they say....  no big deal....chill

I one thought I was perfect untill someone pointed out my arrogance........I took note of that......corrected it..  NOW I AM PERFECT....LOL
  • edited December 2010
    When they are typing they are not concentrating i love it ya get thrir chips in the end!Abusive players are my favorite style of player just like a craptalker in the pub its never long before they get knocked out!
  • edited December 2010
    on the other side of the coin.. 1st hand of a tourney.. i raise big with qq get re raised end up all in pre.. he/she turns over 84 off, 2 pair later im out.. i let rip big time.. nothing sick or ultra personal but when someone makes a bingo play and get lucky you have to expect some sort of comment... if you act like an idiot seems fair you are spoken to like one. we are all adults and are accountable for our actions/ behaviour... give some bck/ignore it but no need to leave a site and it DOES happen everywhere.
  • edited December 2010
    shibby has hit the nail on the head if a player is abusive through a bad beat or just bad play then just tell him to reload maybe the tilting idiot will carry on paying you off as far as im concerned this site is mmuch more fun and interesting than the rest