You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Low stakes DYM games

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
Good afternoon forum, i pose yet another question on my rather large learning curve? What is the best way to crush low stakes DYM games (ie £2.25) and build that bankroll??

Comments

• edited June 2010

Play super-tight early, you can often get to 4 handed in 3rd place without even playing a single hand. Your table image will then let you steal quite easily against big stacks who are playing it safe once the blinds reach 100/200+.

You need a very different approach in a DYM compared to a normal STT or MTT.

Building the bank-roll is a slow process on DYMs, low risk = low reward. A reasonably good player should be able to make around 10% ROI.

• edited June 2010
    Agree 100% with gary on that.

When near the bubble making a decision all in with mid to low pairs can make the difference wether you cash or dont. so just watch how people play and make decisions on that!
  • edited June 2010
    I often find a good mix between agression and passivness is the key. As Gary said, early on try not to get invovled with the first and oftern the second blind levels. Usually by then you have one weak opponent and one out, pick on the weak one but be sure not to double him/her up. Build a stack then and then i usually loosen up on the bubble but only do this if you have a stack or chip leader acts before you and folds.
  • edited June 2010
    Mick, I'm reminding myself just as much as I'm advising you (cause I don't do it enough) but make notes on everyone you meet in the sngs - everyone tends to play in a set manner from game to game and it's useful to remind yourself who is who.

I also try and bracket the note "sng" cause as suggested most players have a different game for this format.
  • edited June 2010
    and move up to 3.30 games asap-- where the rake is 10%--which it should be on all dym games--but thats another story--lol
  • edited June 2010

oynutter i always love your input! lol!!

• edited June 2010
    cheers Mick, nice to know I'm appreciated sometimes--lol

Actually mate, if I were you, I'd forget the low stakes dym games altogether and invest in the 2.20p deep stack tournies. You'll have a better roi on these by playing abc poker, and the experience is also a very good investment, even the 2.30 bounty hunters are better than playing the dym games imo

personally, I play both of these tournies, and if I don't cash, I play 2p/4p cash very solidly untill my bankroll is back in order----gl m8----floppa whoppa!