You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

chance for vegas tonight11

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
im playing a satellite for vegas tonight, it looks like 700 runners minimum with 30 packages guaranteed. there will be an overlay if there are more than 780 runners....
its a very long structure with 5000 starting stack and the forst 4 blind levels are at 10/20, going to 15/30, 20/40and 30/60 at 15 minutes each.
as it is top 30, how should i play it?
should i try and see flops when its cheap? play tight? get involved with AK aggressively??
any 'help' would be useful. thanks

Comments

• edited June 2010

I'd get a few hours kip in now before it starts!!!
  • edited June 2010
    i just finished work at 5 and it starts at 7 so there aint much chance of that!!
  • edited June 2010

Can't really help u with these deepstacks - was just a comment referring to how slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww that structure sounds!

I wud hate it, but theres loads of guys on here who wud love it so sure ull get some 'proper' advice.

Good luck, let us know on here how you do.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to chance for vegas tonight11:
    im playing a satellite for vegas tonight, it looks like 700 runners minimum with 30 packages guaranteed. there will be an overlay if there are more than 780 runners.... its a very long structure with 5000 starting stack and the forst 4 blind levels are at 10/20, going to 15/30, 20/40and 30/60 at 15 minutes each. as it is top 30, how should i play it? should i try and see flops when its cheap? play tight? get involved with AK aggressively?? any 'help' would be useful. thanks
    Posted by eye-rays
    Wow, good luck mate

This structure is a dream. Plenty of play, and time.

Don't get involved in big pots early with marginal holdings. But, it is worth seeing a few cheap flops with suited connectors and small pairs, with the hope of flopping a monster.

Remember that the real game starts when the blinds increase to a level where its shove or fold. A double through then is worth much more than getting a few extra chips early

So, stay patient, don't play a hand for a few rounds and get a feel of the table.

If you are lucky enough to be in with a shout of a seat, with say 80 players left, this is where you have to pressure the smaller stacks and always shove first. remember you dont have to win the tournament you just need top 30 so if you are in a brilliant chip lead position dont donk it off.

Hope this helps and good luck

Hoggers
  • edited June 2010
    cheers for the advice, it has helped i think. i gotta do my best to be patient
    u mite remember me hoggers from the newcastle leg. i reraised all in with my 78 preflop but u were unable to fold ur AA!! thats gna b the biggest test for me tonight, coz i like to 'dance' with the chips early.
    cheers anyway
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: chance for vegas tonight11:
    cheers for the advice, it has helped i think. i gotta do my best to be patient u mite remember me hoggers from the newcastle leg. i reraised all in with my 78 preflop but u were unable to fold ur AA!! thats gna b the biggest test for me tonight, coz i like to 'dance' with the chips early. cheers anyway
    Posted by eye-rays
    Yes, i remember m8, but it was Manchester...

"Dancing with chips early" is NOT a good idea in a deepstack structure like this imo.

stay patient, calm and remember what you are trying to achieve. Top 30. Go for it mate, and i hope to have a post on here tomorrow saying that you made it.

• edited June 2010
    not to be....:-(
    played a good game though, got to 100 players left so fairly deep.
    was a sickener.... big stack UTG 3xraised and im in mid position with KK and 25 bigs. i was playing very tight by my standards and was only showing premium hands. that was enough 4 me, felt there was no point me re rsising as i would be commmited and didnt wana see the dreaded ace. i go all in, he take s an age to call and made it in the last second with none other than A4 hearts!!
    the flop decides to pan out 2, 3 5.
    how he made that call with my image is beyond me... am guttedd!!
  • edited June 2010
    unlucky. keept trying though.