You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

rebuy my botty!

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
omg...did my 1st ever rebuy, I was doing dead good but it is just disapointing when you take 3 peoples stacks and they are still there! I had no intention of rebuying or adding on so I gave up all hope and shoved all in against aces! hahahaha
oh well...you don't know what suits you until you try but i deffo prefer being able to see someone leave the table once Ive taken their chips!
rebuy = poo! (in my opinion anyhoo...if you like them gl to you)

Comments

• edited June 2010
    In Response to rebuy my botty!:
    omg...did my 1st ever rebuy, I was doing dead good but it is just disappointing when you take 3 peoples stacks and they are still there! I had no intention of rebuying or adding on so I gave up all hope and shoved all in against aces! hahahaha oh well...you don't know what suits you until you try but i deffo prefer being able to see someone leave the table once Ive taken their chips! rebuy = poo! (in my opinion anyhoo...if you like them gl to you)
    Posted by BananaDog
    Hi Bananadog, I have played in two re-buys and cashed in both of them, I am not saying there good, in fact the opposite, I detest them, and like you say, if your out - your out.

But I thought I would give them a go, and the only thing I can say is - I have been knocked out of many tourneys simply because of a bad beat and a re-buy has given me the opportunity to prove I am much better than some freak hand that ends my tourny life.

So while I hate them, if it gives me the opportunity to prove I am much better than one bad beat I will continue to give it a go.

My suggestion is to work out the maths and decide how many re-buys you can afford to pay to make sure you get into the money.

For instance if 5th place is paying 18.50 then your maximum re-buy on a 3.30 tourny should be 4 plus your entry fee.u
  • edited June 2010
    ahhh I see your point...a little like cash game, if you get a bad beat you can reload and then beat your opponent over the head with a chicken until he pays up :o)
    I didn't rebuy at all cos I was just having a mess around - I dont normally play tourneys as I have no patience! lol
    Good luck and kick botty!
  • edited June 2010
    how much for your botty?
  • edited June 2010

lolol buy it for me Miyagi so I can break my duck.

Bananadog, what game was it? what tourny/structure etc?
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: rebuy my botty!:
    lolol buy it for me Miyagi so I can break my duck.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    "duck"? Presume you meant to hit the key next door...?
  • edited June 2010
    Yes Bananadog
    It is a little like a re-load in a cash game - Do any of us really leave the table on a 5 quid 10 quid max after losing our stack? - NO - We reload and carry on and hopefully in the long run our play reaps the rewards which in a standard mtt you can't do if you get a bad beat
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: rebuy my botty! : "duck"? Presume you meant to hit the key next door...?
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    LOL Noseybonk - I actually get that one an it is soooooooooooooooooo naughty.
  • edited June 2010
    hahahaha...ok

(Dohhhhhhh:Bananadog, what game was it? what tourny/structure etc?)
    ..dont ask me what tourney/structure, I wasnt taking any notice! lol
    ummm...there were 6 of us in it and it was £5.50 to buy in...thats all i know! lol

(PokerTrev: Do any of us really leave the table on a 5 quid 10 quid max after losing our stack? - NO - We reload and carry on and hopefully in the long run our play reaps the rewards which in a standard mtt you can't do if you get a bad beat)
    ..oh thats where Im going wrong, I didnt reload on my cash table yesterday, I instead launched my notepad where i keep my poker records through the livingroom into the kitchen where Dobby my dobe proceeded to chew it! lol

Mr.Miyagi &Noseybonk....I just dunno what to say to you two anymore...go sit on the naughty step!!!!

• edited June 2010
    Mr.Miyagi &Noseybonk....I just dunno what to say to you two anymore...go sit on the naughty step!!!!
    Posted by BananaDog
    Just how naughty is this step?
  • edited June 2010
    lolol buy it for me Miyagi so I can break my duck. Bananadog, what game was it? what tourny/structure etc?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    It was a £50 gtd speed dohhhhhster and when we were 3 left bb at 800 a guy rebought 4 times then added on in break,poor chap went out first hand after,i entered 2 of these today and won em both without any rebuys or add ons,but i can see people prone to tilting could lose a packet in these.