You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bye Bye Cash (Mwhaaa!)

edited June 2010 in The Poker Clinic
ok, had a go at cash for a few days then sat down with hubby to discuss it all tonight....
It doesn't suit me but suits him down to the ground!

I'm more aggressive which doesn't suit the lower blind levels so much and I'm not bankrolled enough and not experienced enough to go up levels.

I was up nicely tonight on the cash but minute hubby turned his back i was all in..sod the flop..who needs to see the flop...BRING IT ON! i say lol
I won the hand but hubby was "omg..can't believe you did that as soon as I'm not watching!"

I suit DYM's, STT's and even some tourneys I think because even though i was up on cash I felt deflated at the end like I had to curb my play and not go on any reads as I was playing abc poker.

We figured out i suit faster blinds (don't sigh..I heard that guys!) and hubby dearest suits slow structure...opposite obviously do attract! lol

Maybe if I didn't drink so much coffee I'd be ok but at the moment I'm far too buzzy to play nice & sensibly :o)

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Hey Bananadog.

I fully understand where your comming from, im not really rolled for the Cash either, but similar to you im a MTT player. Im always used to thinking about the long haul, and i think that helps me in the cash, except from one "poorer player" (keeping it nice, since Tikay gave me some pointers on my language) can give you everything. 

Tonight i sat at a table for two hours, (NL4 wish it was higher) and i watched him dish me one bad beat (i had 33 all money in preflop A8A28 board for Q high to play) but i accepted this, id already taken £9 off him and had watched my opponent to my right take artound the same off him, id spotted the weak point of the table. I quickly won that money back when he walked his K3 into my KK, of coarse KK held. 

But this is the kind of player i prefer to avoid in a tournament, but i want people like this on a cash table, this is where the money is. And as Tikay said let them have one win against the odds, this means they keep betting like that and you pick up more money that extra percent of the time. 

I understand its a difficult turnaround, its one ive struggled with and one im only starting to get used to now, so as i said to DoHHH im taking a week away from MTT's so that i can develop my cash play and build a bankroll. Today i was down to £3.77, a few big hands later im sitting at £20.53. 

Im never going to be sensational at it, but i feel i can be profitable at it. This is where i can fund my craving for tournaments and possibly even develop my game further. I'd love to see you at the cash tables, i know from playing you on the DYMs your a profitable player, and i know you can spot weakness in an opponent, if you work at it i think you could be extremely sucsessful. 

Anyways the choice is yours and either way i wish you luck.  
  • edited June 2010
    Iv been on same table as you banana and you seem to do good? Well better then me, I only play cash as i dont seem to do any good in tounrys, altho i still loose on cash tables i prefer cash, Altho im always loosing lol
  • edited June 2010
    Stick to what ure best at (end of) BTW what level are ya playing? dav
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Bye Bye Cash (Mwhaaa!):
    Iv been on same table as you banana and you seem to do good? Well better then me, I only play cash as i dont seem to do any good in tounrys, altho i still loose on cash tables i prefer cash, Altho im always loosing lol
    Posted by shaun09
    It's LOSE !!
  • edited June 2010
    Loose was a typo. pushed s and e by the looks of it. dunno why i put double o but no big deal lol
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Bye Bye Cash (Mwhaaa!):
    Loose was a typo. pushed s and e by the looks of it. dunno why i put double o but no big deal lol
    Posted by shaun09
    I know, just gets on my t its.