You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Invitational event?

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi guys,

Quick idea i had just sitting out chilling watching a film. Now this is an idea that may seem a little contraversial, although i think it would also work.

I know this would be similar in a sence to the league stars freeroll, but i would like to request an invitational event for say a 3000 strong MTT, top 100 MTT players, top 1000 cash and top 1000 STT players. This could be worked on by say hands played to won ratio/tournaments player to won/STT played to won or cashed in terms of DYM's.

I think it would provide an interesting challenge for different players, bringing so many different styles together.
Another way this could even be done is 3 seperate 1000 seater tournaments, instead of a prize top 100 of each qualify for a 300 multi style tournament, like a satellite.

What you think folkes.

Comments

• edited June 2010

3 thousand?

Everyone on sky then?

• edited June 2010
    I said 3000 as a rough figure. But a decent amount of players
  • edited June 2010
    Hi Don,

You really are having a sleepless night (though I know from being on your table that it has been profitable!!) 

I'm all for it.  I'm all for anythingthat can create larger fields for tournaments.  I'm a newbie here and just a bit disappointed with the low number of entries.  It seems that no-one enters anything that hasn't got a large guarantee.  That's a shame. 

If you want a big tournament to aim at better players, then I think the best cash statistic is the number of blinds won per hundred hands.  However, I would rather encourage a tournament that attracts everyone.  So far this month over 21000 people have played on this site so 3000 should not be beyond hope.

If Sky wants to do this I suggest that the prize should grow with the entries
       e.g.  A 100 Sky Points buy-in and a prize pool of £1 per entrant.

That would mean Sky are redeeming points at 1p which should be attractive to their business model and as the prize grows for a "freeroll" the number of entries should snowball.

Long live insomnia ;-)
  • edited June 2010
     wouldnt you be just gutted if you didnt get an invite lol
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Invitational event?:
    Hi Don, You really are having a sleepless night (though I know from being on your table that it has been profitable!!)  I'm all for it.  I'm all for anythingthat can create larger fields for tournaments.  I'm a newbie here and just a bit disappointed with the low number of entries.  It seems that no-one enters anything that hasn't got a large guarantee.  That's a shame.  If you want a big tournament to aim at better players, then I think the best cash statistic is the number of blinds won per hundred hands.  However, I would rather encourage a tournament that attracts everyone.  So far this month over 21000 people have played on this site so 3000 should not be beyond hope. If Sky wants to do this I suggest that the prize should grow with the entries    e.g.  A 100 Sky Points buy-in and a prize pool of £1 per entrant. That would mean Sky are redeeming points at 1p which should be attractive to their business model and as the prize grows for a "freeroll" the number of entries should snowball. Long live insomnia ;-)
    Posted by metaraptor
    Has been sort of profitable, went back down a little bit, flopped two pair against aces only for the board to pair with a card that wasnt mine on the river. And then lost with A9 suited diamonds flop 2 diamonds and an A and walked into Ace king and missed all 12 outs.

Like your input here, certainly would see the benifit model here, as you said 1p for each point, 100 points entry = £1. This works well with their "rake back" scheme of 500 = £5. Which means you'd expect it to fit their business model.

Oh and welcome to the forums mate.