You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Whats happening?

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
after having a few weeks off to play live more, i return to sky to find that the guaranteed amount in tournies has been as good as halved, the nightly freeroll sat gone and replaced with rebuys (in which the rebuys are raked).

wasnt so long ago i played the open every night and had to make sure i registered early incase of a sell out!!

has the traffic/sky players dwindled that much??

hope sky sort this out as it is my favourite site

Comments

• edited June 2010
    It's because the World Cup is on every day so the traffic for tournaments has fallen rapidly.
  • edited June 2010

yeah that makes sense.. didnt think of that!!!

hope thats all it is

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Whats happening?:
    yeah that makes sense.. didnt think of that!!! hope thats all it is
    Posted by bigflop1
    Yea thats all it is, Bearnie stated in an earlier thread saying that theyd reduced it for this reason and after the world cup is over they will review and edit the garentees accordingly.
  • edited June 2010
    it may be the world cup thats put the prizes gtd down but really do detest about paying a rake on the rebuys and almost every tourny in the speed section now is a rebuy come on sky give us a chance lol
    welcome back any way bigflop
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Whats happening?:
    after having a few weeks off to play live more, i return to sky to find that the guaranteed amount in tournies has been as good as halved, the nightly freeroll sat gone and replaced with rebuys (in which the rebuys are raked). wasnt so long ago i played the open every night and had to make sure i registered early incase of a sell out!! has the traffic/sky players dwindled that much?? hope sky sort this out as it is my favourite site
    Posted by bigflop1
    There remains a £100 Guaranteed Rebuy Freeroll every night, 7 days a week. 242 players are currently entered for tonight's renewal. Rebuys are available, as is an Add-on, at 50p, but players are not obliged to take them. The Rebuys & add-on in these Freeroll Rebuys are NOT Raked. 
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Whats happening? : There remains a £100 Guaranteed Rebuy Freeroll every night, 7 days a week. 242 players are currently entered for tonight's renewal. Rebuys are available, as is an Add-on, at 50p, but players are not obliged to take them. The Rebuys & add-on in these Freeroll Rebuys are NOT Raked.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Lol, love it!

I think this is the only place I have heard of though that rakes rebuys. I am liking the rebuys because its like the cash mentality if you get a bad beat then reload and go get your chips back! (in theory). Also it is making sure in the majority (from what i can see) that the guarentee's are being met, which will hopefully encourage them to be increased to tempt even more players to play.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Whats happening? : Lol, love it! I think this is the only place I have heard of though that rakes rebuys. I am liking the rebuys because its like the cash mentality if you get a bad beat then reload and go get your chips back! (in theory). Also it is making sure in the majority (from what i can see) that the guarentee's are being met, which will hopefully encourage them to be increased to tempt even more players to play.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Quite so, Charles, & quite possibly. It's also the only Cardroom I know of that provides a 24/7 TV Channel, & many other unique features. It's a "basket of pros & cons", & everyone can pick & choose as they see fit.

My total spend on Sky Poker last week (Tourney buy-ins, reg fees, cash deposited on cash tables etc) came to just over £830 over 7 nights, of which the rake on rebuys cost exactly £1.00. My total return was £917. So I "only" made £87.00, net of all rake & reg fees, not £88. Which gives perspective to the thing, really. 

Sky Poker managed 3 & a half years without having a rebuy facility, & there had not been much "heat" asking for them, either, so whilst I understand the noise, I think it needs to be kept in perspective.

For the avoidance of doubt, if I were, in the words of Radiohead, " king for a day", I would not have added the rebuy rake, but it's not something I feel I need to get het up about, as I'm not forced to play them, or rebuy if I do, & there is plenty else here to keep me amused.

See you in Swansea!