You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bad fold?

edited June 2010 in The Poker Clinic
rdsAmountPotBalance
The_Don90 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £5.96
oynutter Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £9.91
  Your hole cards

xxxx Raise   £0.08 £0.14 £1.68
Talon Fold        
??? Call   £0.08 £0.22 £8.05
robc Raise   £0.20 £0.42 £3.66
The_Don90 Fold        
oynutter Fold        
xxxxx Call   £0.12 £0.54 £1.56
????? Call   £0.12 £0.66 £7.93
Flop

xxxxx Check        
???? Check        
robc Bet   £0.33 £0.99 £3.33
xxxxx
Call   £0.33 £1.32 £1.23
?????? Call   £0.33 £1.65 £7.60
Turn

xxxxx Check        
????? Check        
robc Bet   £0.83 £2.48 £2.50
xxxxxx
Call   £0.83 £3.31 £0.40
????? Call   £0.83 £4.14 £6.77
River

xxxxx
Check        
????? Bet   £2.52 £6.66 £4.25
robc Fold        
xxxxx Fold        
???? Muck        
???? Win   £3.83   £8.08
?????
Return   £2.52 £0.31
£10.60

Comments

• edited June 2010
    In this the villian who made the river bet had been quite aggresive but normally on the flop and pre. not really seen him aggresive on the river and turn.

It looks like he was drawing and i thought he had hit the straight. i would of maybe guessed it was a missed flush draw but that didnt make sense unless he had say aj,a10,kq,kj diamonds and floated on the flop with two overs?

He wasn't speakin on the table so don't no what he had, and couldnt decide wether it was a bad fold or not?
  • edited June 2010
    Your bet sizes from pre flop onwards is to small therefore you are basically giving the villains an opportunity to catch up on every street and pre flop they can make a call with a variety of cards once they call the original 8p raise, with a hand like yours you need to punish them and raise it more. On the flop you bet half the pot which is not enough, I bet pot minimum here - On the turn it brings a safe card but again a much stronger bet is needed, at the moment you are pricing your opponents in to fish for their cards. By the river im in check fold mode because that 7 completes a str8, with no reads on the villain I have to show respect and fold - you may have had reads but you did not specify so it is an easy fold by the river.

TBH m8 you play it well because you bet out on each street etc but for me the change you need to make is your bet sizing - bet more!!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Bad fold?:
    In this the villian who made the river bet had been quite aggresive but normally on the flop and pre. not really seen him aggresive on the river and turn. It looks like he was drawing and i thought he had hit the straight. i would of maybe guessed it was a missed flush draw but that didnt make sense unless he had say aj,a10,kq,kj diamonds and floated on the flop with two overs? He wasn't speakin on the table so don't no what he had, and couldnt decide wether it was a bad fold or not?
    Posted by robc
    Read this after I posted so appologies that I stated that you had not goven us any reads on opponent. It does look like he is drawing and at times like this you need to fold and wait for a better spot m8.
  • edited June 2010
    Probably a good fold for me. Preflop raise needs to be 24-28p. Flop bet needs to be 50-60p, then turn needs to be £1.30-40. Betting half pot all the way gives them odds to call.
  • edited June 2010
    You need to bet much more on the flop and turn. Half pot bets just price people in without maximising your value when they miss. Bet at least three quarters the pot on the flop, maybe even pot it, that way if they both call we can just shove the turn as we have roughly 1 pot size bet left.

As played i'd probably call because at this level they turn up with hands that you beat often just enough to justify calling. I would then muck very quickly when they turn over 87.
  • edited June 2010
    I like the fold bet more when you are betting flop/turn though. there are lots of hands that can call you so charge them.
  • edited June 2010

Cheers for the replies

I'm glad i posted this as i didn't even notice how small my bets were, now i have realised i had been half pot betting to often when i think I'm ahead trying to keep both customers but obviously i need to bet more to charge people more to draw against me.

sorry dylan for some reason it wouldn't let me write anymore on my original post so had to post that and then write my reads on another post lol

Glad everyone seems to think the fold is correct, i really couldn't decide if it was bad or not lol
  • edited June 2010
    stop clicking the 1/2 1/3 pot buttons and choose the bet size yourself rob :-)
  • edited June 2010
    Posted by beaneh
    lol good idea. thats me being lazy lol
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Bad fold? : lol good idea. thats me being lazy lol
    Posted by robc
    its ok to use the buttons if u use the 'pot' one! :)
  • edited June 2010
    Posted by beaneh
    A good approach I find is just click the say 3/4 one then adjust by clicking left right etc, as typing it out can get a bit hectic as timer runs down.
  • edited June 2010

I agree its a fold and larger bets required.  Don't be scared to really charge the looser players more then pot size bets on scary boards.  You will be suprised how many will pay at this level.

• edited June 2010
    Yes and how do you do this OWN bet sizing? what do you click on? i still aint figured this out yet.Lol dav
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Bad fold? : A good approach I find is just click the say 3/4 one then adjust by clicking left right etc, as typing it out can get a bit hectic as timer runs down.
    Posted by Dudeskin8

• edited June 2010
    Yes and how do you do this OWN bet sizing? what do you click on? i still aint figured this out yet.Lol dav
    Posted by dav1964

click on the slider to move it slowly and innaccurately.

type in the box the number you want (it will add whatever you put in the box to whatever you have infront of you so if you are bb at 1/2 and you want to raise to 10 you type 8 not 10...)

click one of the pot buttons and then use slider to adjust..