You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Last nights Primo

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
A totally new experience for me last night playing from the studio and it was so much fun.

Big thank you to Sky Mandy and her team for making if an enjoyable day for Sue, Guy and myself. It was great watching DP and Ed in action, the professionalism required to hold that live show together for 4 hours is unbelievable.

Nice to see a lot of new names to me reaching the sharp end of the tourny and playing some good stuff. A great result Cookie, you fully deserved the win.

The rail was also superb as usual, some respected names there.

I finished totally exhausted, playing and trying to make a contribution to the show was a new challenge, but was probably good for me. Stamina will definitely be a factor for anyone who hopes to run deep in Vegas.

In answer to a few of you, I will  try and put together a pre Vegas blog in the few days left before we fly.

Tony

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Well played mate, only just seen you got 2nd, great result.

Cookie was on the final table a couple of weeks ago with me in the primo so this guy is definatly some1 to look out for. Also well done to boonicon a regular cash player, I play with him day in day out.

3 very familiar names on fial table from a field of over 300. Nice work!
  • edited June 2010
    Great performance Tony; well done.
  • edited June 2010

Very nice post Tony. Congratulations on your appearance on last night's show and your result in the Primo.

I am still very much learning the game but I can honestly say that I am learning lots of good advice from yourself amongst others and it was a pleasure to play on your table last night.

I of course wish you all the best in Vegas along with the rest of the crew and will look forward to reading/hearing about your journeys.

Regards,

Alan
  • edited June 2010
    Hi Tony

Well done and well done to all the studio players, you and DP/Ed made it a really good night.
  • edited June 2010
    I'm watching a replay at the moment, enjoying a thoroughly entertaining show. It's great to put faces to the names of the VLV winners and get to know them a bit better. Wishing the very best of luck to Tony, Sue and Guy and the other members of the 'Sky Six' in Vegas.
  • edited June 2010

Well done Tony!

News of this reached me on a cash table at about 1am this morning, & I was made up for you.

I'm glad, too, you saw "the other side" of Presenting, Producing & transmitting the Show. Nothing in life is quite what it seems, eh?
  • edited June 2010
    well done Tony and sorry I wasnt at the studios to say hello. Glad Mandy and the team looked after you. See you in Vegas :)
  • edited June 2010
    Hi Tony,Sue and Guy

Had the pleasure of playing all 3 of you during yesterday evening on the Primo Tables and all of you i have to say are very tough cookies to play against and i can't moan with 27th place and £70 in just my 4th ever Primo!.

I certainly find myself that whenever your hands get analysed live on 865 like some of mine were last night that you want to step up your game 110% more and i felt i did that last night until when i cashed and i forgot to press the acceleration button and tried to go for the win but i've got no complaints and i certainly learnt a lot about my play last night and where i possibly need to improve.

All the very best to all 3 of you and the rest of Team Sky Poker in Vegas!!...............

Craig
  • edited June 2010
    very good last night tony im pretty sure you didnt make a mistake all tourney!

i have had a pretty lumpy bet with skybet on you lasting longest so no pressure!
  • edited June 2010
    Penguin whats it like?

Do you get tea and dinner?

Do you have your own make up artist, I watched a bit last night and don't know how you can sit in a green room for 4 hours, surely you have to wear special lenses or something?
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Last nights Primo:
    A totally new experience for me last night playing from the studio and it was so much fun. Big thank you to Sky Mandy and her team for making if an enjoyable day for Sue, Guy and myself. It was great watching DP and Ed in action, the professionalism required to hold that live show together for 4 hours is unbelievable. Nice to see a lot of new names to me reaching the sharp end of the tourny and playing some good stuff. A great result Cookie, you fully deserved the win. The rail was also superb as usual, some respected names there. I finished totally exhausted, playing and trying to make a contribution to the show was a new challenge, but was probably good for me. Stamina will definitely be a factor for anyone who hopes to run deep in Vegas. In answer to a few of you, I will  try and put together a pre Vegas blog in the few days left before we fly. Tony
    Posted by penguin7
    Thanks Tony...

I felt like I ruined the party a bit as every was quite rightly cheering you on, best of luck for vegas I'll certainly be keeping an eye out for you.

Thanks to everyone who railed (even though you were all cheering for Tony ;-) ), finally cracked the primo! It was my 4th Primo final table

Pete
    Aka Cookie83
  • edited June 2010
    Just seen this thread and last night's result.

Congrats Tony m8 - really well done :)
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Last nights Primo:
    Penguin whats it like? Do you get tea and dinner? Do you have your own make up artist, I watched a bit last night and don't know how you can sit in a green room for 4 hours, surely you have to wear special lenses or something?
    Posted by MadHorse
    Tony thought he'd been given a personal driver after the show... but it turned out to be Orford wandering about in the car park - as usual.
  • edited June 2010
    very well done penguin. also kidgirly on 35th. have a fab time in vegas, anjie
  • edited June 2010
    well done penguin!!!--gl in vegas--floppa whoppa!!