You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! TY TY TY! 188 is the magic TOT Number!

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat

Absolutely BANG on the number in tonight's T-o-T2.

I was hoping for 150 to 200, & we got 188. Magnificent, & thank you to everyone.

2 hours & 30 minutes in, 29 still remain!

I'm made up, this is a GREAT start.

Tuesday sees the £11 version, & Wednesday the £5.50 variant.

After Wednesday, we can look at how the 3 of them went, & see if we need to change anything, or introduce more of the £2.20 jobbies. The Friday affair will remain as a Rebuy. (Can't win 'em all!).

Comments

• edited June 2010

N1 tk and ty again for the effort !
  • edited June 2010

I arrived late for both the 7.15 £2.20, & the 8.30 TOT2.

I lasted a grand total of 7 minutes in TOTAL.......

In the 7.15, I ran 6-6 into J-J. The Flop was 6-J-Q. Whoops.

In the 8.30, I ran J-J into K-K, but got off it. Then I got 4-4 into K-8 on a flop of 4-K-8. The turned eight improved both of us. Not good!  

I don't care tonight. 188 runners has made my night.

Tuesday will be lower, that's the £11 one, Wednesday ditto for the £5.50.

Then, as I say, let's review things, finesse the schedule, & see if we can get more of what players show us they want.

• edited June 2010
    Hi Tikay
    Sorry i missed the registration
    Will try to play all the others though
    Cheers
    Gary
  • edited June 2010
    were`s my prize ( lml ) not orford, for saying 150 plus lol gl to all left in
  • edited June 2010
    Well done Tikay missed tonight as teaching late.

Nice to see you gave everyone a chance tonight by exiting early

Good luck for rest of week

Squawks

• edited June 2010
    cracking tournie. though not for me this time, out in 144th!!  will be going again next week defo!!
  • edited June 2010
    Terrific tourney Tikay--well done, everyone at sainsbury's were delighted to hear about this new variety!!!

188 runners--brilliant stuff !!--- this is the kind of tourney that players like myself (and several other kinds of players) have been crying out for!

Imo, this is the kind of tournament that will make a massive difference to small stakers experience on the site, and the fact that they get to play with the big boys for 2 quid, makes this tourney a very valuable addition to the schedule indeed !

Good on ya Tikay, a big thank you for all the effort you put in to make it happen!!!
  • edited June 2010
    Thanks Tikday for the great tournament,

You're my favourite presenter and you dun arf get some stick, you come out with great information but always get stopped before you can speak with these young hooligans who aren't interested, always trying set u up etc

Not surprising you had a great turn out, think everyone knows your a top man

Next time ill try and win it lol

MH
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! TY TY TY! 188 is the magic TOT Number!:
    and the fact that they get to play with the big boys for 2 quid, makes this tourney a very valuable addition to the schedule indeed !
    Posted by oynutter
    hehehe..reminds me of that drynights advert..."I'm a big boy now!" :o)
    Thanks Tikay..great tourney and affordable for us little fishies :o)
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! TY TY TY! 188 is the magic TOT Number!:
    Terrific tourney Tikay--well done, everyone at sainsbury's were delighted to hear about this new variety!!!  188 runners--brilliant stuff !!--- this is the kind of tourney that players like myself (and several other kinds of players) have been crying out for! Imo, this is the kind of tournament that will make a massive difference to small stakers experience on the site, and the fact that they get to play with the big boys for 2 quid, makes this tourney a very valuable addition to the schedule indeed !  Good on ya Tikay, a big thank you for all the effort you put in to make it happen!!!
    Posted by oynutter
    Thank you. Once we have had all three "new" TOT's, they'll take a look at numbers & stuff, & decide the way forward. I've not spoken with upstairs yet, but I was delighted with last night's 188 runners, & I'm wondering if there is a market to do the £2.20 version more frequently. We shall see. Part of the problem is that they ALSO need to look after the £5.50 market, & the £11 market, etc - they have to try & satisfy all the price bands, so it's not easy, as it's important not to discriminate against ANY of them.

OK, now I need to get "puffing" up tonight's £11 version, to, I assume, largely, a different group of players, who are no less - & no more - important than the £2 gang.

I assume you will swerve tonight's £11 jobbie, & I hope you may consider or be able to manage tomorrow's £5.50 affair. 

Thank you for your support of last night's TOT, & that goes to Dennis, too, who got very busy with PM's & stuff.
  • edited June 2010
    Hi tikay

Oh, it got more than 40 runners then? ;)
  • edited June 2010
    I really enjoyed last nights game but unfortunately I can't play Tuesday or Wednesday as I have to get up VERY early Thursday and Friday mornings for work, but I should be in the Friday game.  I am very keen on seeing how the rebuy affects the standard of play in that first hour.