You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How did I play this?

edited June 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Hi just wanting your opinion on how i played this hand, very rarely play holdem cash, especially at 4p/8p.  Id only been on the table around 15 minutes and had ran really well having some big hands and playing against people who just seemed to wanna throw there mony away.  No real reads on opponents, player A had been sat out and this was only their second hand, player b handt got involved in any big pots, called alot to see flop but then tended to fold.

Was my preflop raise enough/to much? should i be betting more than the pot on the flop? Should the re-raise worry me? I know im never folding here, would have reaised again but it wudnt let me.

The result doesnt matter thats why ive not included it just wondering if i should have done anything different at this level?

Small blind £0.04 £0.04 £6.45
35suited Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £20.85
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

cornwall01 Call  £0.08 £0.20 £5.46
Raise  £0.16 £0.36 £9.03
Call  £0.12 £0.48 £6.33
35suited Raise  £1.00 £1.48 £19.85
cornwall01 Fold     
Call  £0.92 £2.40 £8.11
Call  £0.92 £3.32 £5.41
Flop

ACheck     
35suited Bet  £3.32 £6.64 £16.53
Call  £3.32 £9.96 £4.79
AAll-in  £5.41 £15.37 £0.00
35suited Call  £2.09 £17.46 £14.44
Call  £2.09 £19.55 £2.70
Turn

35suited All-in  £14.44 £33.99 £0.00
BAll-in  £2.70 £36.69 £0.00
35suited Unmatched bet  £11.74 £24.95 £11.74

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Hi 35 have to laugh not sure of the outcome but pretty sure its the same as mine check out bluffing in the poker clinic
  • edited June 2010
    looks fine to me, altho the raise pre is massive, amazed they called it but maybe if u've seen they call anything its ok

as it goes hand played itself
  • edited June 2010
    yeah it does look very similar, but happy to say no player had the 6 or the 5 for matter
  • edited June 2010
    Nice raise pre, maybe a bit too big as you want to keep some of them in, although they still called lol.

Good flop bet, it should have all gone in there but like you say couldn't raise. If they've hit 6 doesn't matter, at least you made them pay for it.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: How did I play this?:
    looks fine to me, altho the raise pre is massive, amazed they called it but maybe if u've seen they call anything its ok as it goes hand played itself
    Posted by lynx3ffect
    yeah it had been a loose table made a similar raise with qq and got two callers as well, knowing that should iu have made it more? or should i be happy for 2 people to call?
  • edited June 2010
    no point making it more than that pre otherwise u might as well play a donkament and ship it in :)

2 callers after that kinda raise is fine, just keep playing that way and u'll win over time
  • edited June 2010
    Hi,
    I dont think you should be second guessing this play, as your bet preflop, said you were either massive or you had a hand you didn't want any callers. Having said that, your opponents could only have AK or higher to call your bet(any other is very loose).
    When you make your post flop bet, you were saying to the others that you are not going away, no matter what they do, with the size of their stacks.
    If you were against any 6 or 66 or 55, then so be it, but you are getting 7 to 1 to call the first all-in and 10 to 1 to put the second player all-in, so regardless of the result, i believe you did the right thing.
    You didn't let them in cheaply and kept the pressure on them, if you lost it is a case of sometimes you do everything correct but still lose, but if you won and they had nowt or draws, then thank the lord for loose gamblers.

It would be nice to know the result and their hands.

col
  • edited June 2010

you can be against draws and worse overpairs so id be super happy to get money in here, raise pre is probably a little big but huge lol at getting multiple callers

the fact that you DONT have the Ah in your hand makes it alot better to stack off as you have all nut flush draws crushed

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: How did I play this?:
    Hi, I dont think you should be second guessing this play, as your bet preflop, said you were either massive or you had a hand you didn't want any callers. Having said that, your opponents could only have AK or higher to call your bet(any other is very loose). When you make your post flop bet, you were saying to the others that you are not going away, no matter what they do, with the size of their stacks. If you were against any 6 or 66 or 55, then so be it, but you are getting 7 to 1 to call the first all-in and 10 to 1 to put the second player all-in, so regardless of the result, i believe you did the right thing. You didn't let them in cheaply and kept the pressure on them, if you lost it is a case of sometimes you do everything correct but still lose, but if you won and they had nowt or draws, then thank the lord for loose gamblers. It would be nice to know the result and their hands. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Thanks everyone nice to know i did ok, just my pre flop raise was a little big.

I wasnt going to post their hands but as Col has asked player A had 88 and Player B had jj

Gareth