You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Longest played in a tournament without cashing??

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat

I just run my 2's into Penquin7's A's and crashed out in 9th in the 7.15 deepie.. now I finished 7th last week so a combined total of about 7-8hrs and no cash...

Got me thinking what's the longest you have played in a tourney (online or live) and fell short of the cash..

Pete

Comments

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Longest played in a tournament without cashing??:
    I just run my 2's into Penquin7's A's and crashed out in 9th in the 7.15 deepie.. now I finished 7th last week so a combined total of about 7-8hrs and no cash... Got me thinking what's the longest you have played in a tourney (online or live) and fell short of the cash.. Pete
    Posted by cookie83
    Yes Pete, but you failed to mention your great £2500 win in Primo in between ! !
  • edited June 2010
    Yes ive run deep in b/h b4 and taken no bounties and missed on the cash by 1.Prob the worst feeling lol dav
  • edited June 2010
    I played a freeroll once for one seat in a major tourney. 3000 odd runners.  It took around 7 hours.  I came second.  Lost binked all in 66 v 33 while two BB's separated us.  Livid.
  • edited June 2010
    Had a live game, 100 runners 30 minute blinds starting with 3000 chips. Played for 7 hours (including two 10 minute breaks) and finnished 18th, 8 places from the cash.

The only tournament i just cant do well in is that one :'(
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Longest played in a tournament without cashing??:
    I just run my 2's into Penquin7's A's and crashed out in 9th in the 7.15 deepie.. now I finished 7th last week so a combined total of about 7-8hrs and no cash... Got me thinking what's the longest you have played in a tourney (online or live) and fell short of the cash.. Pete
    Posted by cookie83
    Oh don't get me started.

In 1 tournament it was 4 hours and then my AK got beat by AQ on the bubble.

but if your talking how long have you played ant not cashed over a period of tournaments, i am on the longest run in poker history of getting right close to the money and then busting out in flips.

Starting to think "going for the win" is all nonsense.
  • edited June 2010
    Last years Sky Poker UK Tour Main Event in Nottingham. Top 27 paid I came 32nd, think it was 8 hours play on Day 1 and at least 2 on Day 2.
  • edited June 2010
    A few years ago I played the Tribeca 15k tournaments on the Friday and Saturday and the 50k on the Sunday. I managed a heroic bubble in all 3 tournaments. That added up to about 12 hours without a penny to show for it.

I made up for it the following week by cashing every night in the 15k and taking 3rd place in the Sunday 100k for a cool 11k.
  • edited June 2010
    Played for over 7 hours in a tournament on Stars wiithout cashing. Was still 100+ places from the money.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Longest played in a tournament without cashing??:
    In Response to Longest played in a tournament without cashing?? : Yes Pete, but you failed to mention your great £2500 win in Primo in between ! !
    Posted by penguin7
    lol.. I don't want to blow my own trumpet, waiting for others to do it for me ;-)

where did you finish in Monday's deepstack Tony?

Another deep run, well played!
  • edited June 2010
    The PRIMO has been pretty kind to me and I've had half a dozen cashes in it (as far as I recall) since around April when I started playing regularly on this site. Had a two week run though when i crashed out pretty much on the bubble both times so that was definately a fair few hours playing with no return. All good fun though in retrospect! :-)