You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Chip and a Chair and other low stake tournaments

I've played a few of these tournaments. I only play small stakes as I am a disabled pensioner and don't have much spare cash, but I do enjoy playing poker and like the interaction with other players. I have sometimes had a good win, so my initial stake can last a couple of weeks. If I'm out of luck and have a bad run, I can't play again until my next money comes in. The chip and a chair idea is very good as it gives people like me a good chance to win say £12 for an input of only £1 (plus the rake).  I also like the double your money games, but they seem expensive compared to one against one in the sit and go tornaments. I am not trying to win enough to go on a world cruise or anything, I just like to play. The freerolls were good but now it seems they are rebuys, so they're not free any more.

I like your site, as it is easy to use.

Janet.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Chip and a Chair and other low stake tournaments:
     Hi Janet   I play low stake DYMs but late evenings so we probably have not met on the tables.  You get a really good game  30p 60p Holdum and if you lose a few it doesn't break the bank.  Have you tried Omaha yet they are low stake and after my first disaster I read the rules, which helps, and now love them. Alternate some nights which spices thing up. You say you have been playing Poker three years but are you new to sky as you have not yet made a Profile.  I'm a newbie myself and have limited BR and some weeks get carried away and cant deposit. I find coming on the Forum after losing a game helps stop me going on tilt and after I have calmed down nip back. I have seen Chip and Chair but never tried it. You are right at certain times of the Day you do find it hard to get cheaper games and they are all  ten twenty and up but if you are patient the low DYMs soon fill up. I also love this site the Tables and Cards are clear to read not like some sites I have been on with gross Avatar's and fancy cards you mis'read and get knocked out. The best is playing in Sterling and not Euro's . Good Luck at the Tables.  Annie x
    Posted by logdon
    I tend to play early afternoon and evening. Just won a DYM (£1) and a one v. one (£1). So I'm happy, so far. Going to get my tea now, so will have another go later. Yes I tried Omaha, only 30p DYM to get used to it, but I forget you've got to use 2 cards from what you're dealt! Quite taxing on the brain! Good luck luck Annie, nice to be in touch with you.

Janet
  • edited June 2010
    Chip and a chair and roulette games are a joke Janet, they offer no practical help in learning the game, it may as well be bingo. I know you won one for £14 but take that as a nice piece of luck, if you keep playing these your gonna lose more often than not and quickly. I understand why you are playing these as they are cheap and i agree sky is poor when it comes to low buy in half decent structured tournaments ie <£2. I think you should either give the 2p/4p cash games a go, try the DYM's or try the £2 deepies. good luck and please stay away from tose 2 tournies.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Chip and a Chair and other low stake tournaments:
    Chip and a chair and roulette games are a joke Janet, they offer no practical help in learning the game, it may as well be bingo. I know you won one for £14 but take that as a nice piece of luck, if you keep playing these your gonna lose more often than not and quickly. I understand why you are playing these as they are cheap and i agree sky is poor when it comes to low buy in half decent structured tournaments ie <£2. I think you should either give the 2p/4p cash games a go, try the DYM's or try the £2 deepies. good luck and please stay away from tose 2 tournies.
    Posted by loonytoons
    Thanks for the advice, will try the 2-4p cash game. The deepstack game is a bit slow, I tend to forget what I'm doing when players take ages to decide to fold. DYM's I enjoy but again , players seem to take ages to play their cards. Maybe I'm asking too much-fast action, cheap and a good chance of a good prize. Maybe Sky should start an affordable tournament in the afternoons-Old Biddy's Turbocharged Freeze-out, (with a break every 20mins. to get a cup of tea and go to the toilet).

Janet.