You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Take on Tikay versus Rich Pickings

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
I'm not a huge fan of rebuys but just this once, I'll support your tourny boss and concentrate on the 8.00 DS. Just seen the SPT Glasgow highlights so Tikay is in my bad books lol Jaegerplop first out indeed!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Morning all,

Tonight- in the aftermath of a glorious England victory/disastrous exit from the World Cup (delete as applicable- I can't believe I'm even saying these words at this late stage of possibly the easiest group at the World Cup- sigh)..............Tikay and I will engaging in a battle royale!

Yes- not only will we be in competition on the tables- but we'll be competing against each other with actual tournaments!

In the red corner- it's me with my very own structure: 

Rich Pickings- fast paced with Rebuys and Addons available for purchase until the end of the first break after 45 mins for £2.20. (£2 + 20p). Blinds up every 5 minutes but you start with more chips- 3000.

and in the grey corner- it's Tikay- with his doddery old Take on Tikay tournament- with blinds up every 12 minutes and a starting stack of 2,500.

So it's dynamic entertainment versus old school plodding.

The choice is yours- and Tikay and I have a side bet as to whose tournament will get the most entries.

And of course we'll both be playing in our respective games. Both kick off at 8.30pm

Don't let me down folks, you know mine makes sense! :)

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Take on Tikay versus Rich Pickings:
    I'm not a huge fan of rebuys but just this once, I'll support your tourny boss and concentrate on the 8.00 DS. Just seen the SPT Glasgow highlights so Tikay is in my bad books lol Jaegerplop first out indeed!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    Cheers Dave- you're a legend!
  • edited June 2010
    Already in rich i was 1st to register last night after railing the £11 T-O-T
  • edited June 2010
    Tikay 12 - Rich 5 at the moment.
    But I do understand why you need yours to be a rebuy, Rich,

• edited June 2010
    I'm 7 behind but there's still almost 5 hours to go.

I'm hoping the feel-good factor from an England win will make everyone want to play a fun cheap re-buy rather than a long-drawn out marathon.

Get in Defoe!!!!!
  • edited June 2010

Is there ever gonna be a proper rebuy main event on sky?

Theres loads of negativity surrounding rebuys, for 2 reasons - people can't understand the skills required to win at them. And also the issue of rake...

Bu are we gonna get a proper rebuy tourny with a guarentee?

4k gtd, £7.70 to enter? something like that?

As a cash player I just think spending 4/5 hours to win a tournament with a top prize of 4/5 buy ins at my usual cash level is just toooo long - cud make it in a couple of hour playing cash.

Lets have some big tournys with big gtd prize pools.

Putting a guarentee does boost numbers massively - No1 will ever convince me otherwise!!

Lets have some motivation to play plzzzz sky pplz
  • edited June 2010
    I'm 7 behind but there's still almost 5 hours to go. I'm hoping the feel-ggod factor from an England win will make everyone want to play a fun cheap re-buy rather than a long-drawn out marathon. Get in Defoe!!!!!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Is this you encouraging players to enter the ToT tourny???????????
  • edited June 2010
    Is there ever gonna be a proper rebuy main event on sky? Theres loads of negativity surrounding rebuys, for 2 reasons - people can't understand the skills required to win at them. And also the issue of rake... Bu are we gonna get a proper rebuy tourny with a guarentee? 4k gtd, £7.70 to enter? something like that? As a cash player I just think spending 4/5 hours to win a tournament with a top prize of 4/5 buy ins at my usual cash level is just toooo long - cud make it in a couple of hour playing cash. Lets have some big tournys with big gtd prize pools. Putting a guarentee does boost numbers massively - No1 will ever convince me otherwise!! Lets have some motivation to play plzzzz sky pplz
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Good Post Dohhhh, & I'll send it upstairs.
  • edited June 2010

9 in my tourney

18 in Tikay's.

Early days yet though. I'm banking on lots of players coming home from work and wanting to unwind with a quick blast of fun poker for low stakes.

As for England...YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Two thoughts-

(1) How come we always win when we're on the BBC?

and (2) Noticed this on the Beeb website just now- one pundit has calculated our likely opponents from here on in if everything runs as it should...

Second Round: Germany.

Quarter-final:
    Argentina.

Semi-final:
    Spain.

Final:
    Brazil.

Lolololololololololol!

Well, we may have had the easiest group, but no-one can take away a World Cup victory from us now if we somehow manage it against that lot!
    I don't think you could come up with a more difficult route if you tried!!!!

• edited June 2010
    9 in my tourney 18 in Tikay's. Early days yet though. I'm banking on lots of players coming home from work and wanting to unwind with a quick blast of fun poker for low stakes. As for England...YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! Two thoughts- (1) How come we always win when we're on the BBC? and (2) Noticed this on the Beeb website just now- one pundit has calculated our likely opponents from here on in if everything runs as it should... Second Round: Germany . Quarter-final: Argentina . Semi-final: Spain . Final: Brazil . Lolololololololololol! Well, we may have had the easiest group, but no-one can take away a World Cup victory from us now if we somehow manage it against that lot! I don't think you could come up with a more difficult route if you tried!!!!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Defoe plays for Spurs you know! wiiiiiiiiiiii

Nice to see the BBC have predicted a nice easy path for us for world cup glory

Oh, and im in both tourneys by the way. Rich's and tikay's. 

• edited June 2010
    9 in my tourney 18 in Tikay's. Early days yet though. I'm banking on lots of players coming home from work and wanting to unwind with a quick blast of fun poker for low stakes. As for England...YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! Two thoughts- (1) How come we always win when we're on the BBC? and (2) Noticed this on the Beeb website just now- one pundit has calculated our likely opponents from here on in if everything runs as it should... Second Round: Germany . Quarter-final: Argentina . Semi-final: Spain . Final: Brazil . Lolololololololololol! Well, we may have had the easiest group, but no-one can take away a World Cup victory from us now if we somehow manage it against that lot! I don't think you could come up with a more difficult route if you tried!!!!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Hmmmm

Thanks...

For

That

Rich...

:o(
  • edited June 2010
    Like rebuy tournaments but not prepared to pay rake on rebuy so i will decline and might join the lord of burgundy for the marathon if the football's boring.
  • edited June 2010
    Bloody hell didnt realise it was one of them rebuy things, be here all night people just buying back their chips
  • edited June 2010
    Isn't there supposed to be ONE add-on available?  I've just seen messages that indicate some players were able to do multiple add-ons...

/>xxxxxxxxxx has topped up their balance to 4,322.50
    />xxxxxxxxxx has topped up their balance to 7,322.50

/>yyyyyyyyyy has topped up their balance to 5,940
    />yyyyyyyyyy has topped up their balance to 8,940
  • edited June 2010
    That will be a re-buy and an add-on, I think.
    I reckon that if you have less than your starting chips, you can do both at the add-on time.
  • edited June 2010
    Ah yes, good point, 3k stacks of course!