You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Really Enjoying Myself...

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat

The last month and especially last week i was playing everyday, trying to grind up with a low bankroll and seemed to be losing every race. Tbh i was just gettin p****d off with the game, I was blaming luck, the site and the "donkeys"

So i came onto the forum , didnt post anything but noticed somebody else pretty much in the same boat.
He was advised to take a break so i decided this was what i should do.

I came back yesterday after about 5 days break, fresh as a daisy and playing some good poker. Took down the Orfordable deepstack and just generally enjoying the game.

Basically what i'm saying is , if poker is feeling like a chore..just chill out, take a break. The game is still going to be here if you take a break for a few days.

OVER AND OUT

Comments

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Really Enjoying Myself...:
    The last month and especially last week i was playing everyday, trying to grind up with a low bankroll and seemed to be losing every race. Tbh i was just gettin p****d off with the game, I was blaming luck, the site and the "donkeys" So i came onto the forum , didnt post anything but noticed somebody else pretty much in the same boat. He was advised to take a break so i decided this was what i should do. I came back yesterday after about 5 days break, fresh as a daisy and playing some good poker. Took down the Orfordable deepstack and just generally enjoying the game. Basically what i'm saying is , if poker is feeling like a chore..just chill out, take a break. The game is still going to be here if you take a break for a few days. OVER AND OUT
    Posted by MintSam
    Well played, great mtt to win

btw, polo, murray or fishermans friend?
  • edited June 2010
    Nice post Sam, Im currently on a month break, poker takes it's toll after a while unfortunatley and in the end did affect my health hence the break - what is great is that within this forum are a lot of great people and the PM's and MS N messages I received just backed that up. My advice to you is to use this forum more m8 - and any problems you encounter people here will be more than glad to help!! WD on your win tonight m8 and gl to you on the tables :)
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Really Enjoying Myself...:
    My advice to you is to use this forum more m8 - and any problems you encounter people here will be more than glad to help!! WD on your win tonight m8 and gl to you on the tables :)
    Posted by dylan12
    +1
  • edited June 2010
    Nice one.

But remember to enjoy it even when you dont take down a tourny. Variance will even itself over a year or even a few years.

Just keep playing, keep smiling and remember at the end of the day it gets dark.......err i mean at the end of the day its still just a game!
  • edited June 2010
    well said jaegerbomb.
    When it doesnt come a game anymore,  you start chasing money, which isnt fun :(

I have took a breal for a good whole there as had few family problems and a wedding in 3 weeks, so cant even concentrate,lol

But i have had to even put 20 quid in and see if i can build it up playing low stakes.
    After joining this forum as well i have enjoyed it more and wanna play.

good luck :)