You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Getting frustrated

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
Just woundering why is it everytime you watch someone stealing everypot and when you finally get the hand to go with them they have the one thing that beats you.

Kind of getting on my frustration.

Comments

• edited June 2010

Sounds to me like your playing a very good player Donald!

Get position, or change tables.!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Getting frustrated:
    Sounds to me like your playing a very good player Donald! Get position, or change tables.!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Totally agree about tables. I play 2/4p as you know and even down there you have guys who lets say 'like to play' and basically understand things like reraising after a raise pre and check raising a flop. When i encounter these guys i run a mile and yes its being cowardly but i'll admit im not a gr8 player so id rather play people who are worse than me.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Getting frustrated : Totally agree about tables. I play 2/4p as you know and even down there you have guys who lets say 'like to play' and basically understand things like reraising after a raise pre and check raising a flop. When i encounter these guys i run a mile and yes its being cowardly but i'll admit im not a gr8 player so id rather play people who are worse than me.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    oooh I'm a worse player! fancy a game? :P
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Getting frustrated : oooh I'm a worse player! fancy a game? :P
    Posted by BananaDog
    LOL, nah your just unlucky by the sounds.
  • edited June 2010
    Yea got 50p left in my account, he rivered my A9 2 pair with a 10 on the river giving him a Queen high straight. Going to go onto the NLO tables where i feel a little more comfortable, try get some money back, failing that i only lost 50p on it.

Sounds like it DoHHHHH, the guy had been all in on the river every hand for 7 hands, i had KQ flop AKK he bet i raised (which i wouldnt normally) he calls turns a 4 river a 7 he goes all in and shows pocket 7's/
  • edited June 2010

My game, when I'm on it...."on it" as in, on my game, not the ale, altho i probably will be on both.....

Its all about nagging, niggling, firing, shooting, c beting, check raising, being bloody annoying!!!

Tilll they finally crack and I win that 1 big pot.

Gotta c bet fold quite alot tho which is frustrating - but its builting a table rep to cash in later.

Dont worry about any of that yet tho....

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Getting frustrated:
    Just woundering why is it everytime you watch someone stealing everypot and when you finally get the hand to go with them they have the one thing that beats you. Kind of getting on my frustration.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Drugs can ease frustration , try the light stuff first
  • edited June 2010
  • edited June 2010
    Its all about nagging, niggling, firing, shooting, c beting, check raising, being bloody annoying!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    hahahaha...im good at that :P (well the being annoying bit!)
  • edited June 2010
    like calpol?
    Posted by BlackFish3

Can you smoke it?

• edited June 2010
    i guess you could try?
  • edited June 2010
    My game, when I'm on it...."on it" as in, on my game, not the ale, altho i probably will be on both..... Its all about nagging, niggling, firing, shooting, c beting, check raising, being bloody annoying!!! Tilll they finally crack and I win that 1 big pot. Gotta c bet fold quite alot tho which is frustrating - but its builting a table rep to cash in later. Dont worry about any of that yet tho....
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yea i guess i just fell into this trap, i got frustrated and snap called when i should have sat back and thought can he have a full house.

Im going to take the rest of the world cup off get money sorted elsewhere load up £40 and give this a proper shot. Aiming to double my origional 100BB every hour on average. Work my way up the tables and become a better player.

This world cup being on is killing me, im getting distracted and playing poorer and poorer poker, so i think it is best. Ive not got any money to reload now, just cash for live games where i am still doing well, but i have no distractions there. 

During this time im going to also re-asses my game and work on a few new things, that way ill come back a better player. I can read a situation fairly well but im still calling for no real reason other than stupidity. 

• edited June 2010
    What has happened to you, Don ?

Just a couple of months back I ran into you in several tournaments in a short space of time. You were playing great aggressive poker, and dumped me out of more than one. I made notes on you to that effect.

Now you are posting all the time about your lack of luck, or maybe its really about your lack of confidence.

Nobody in the forum can do much to help you ( not even DOHHHHH ! ) because you already have the game and just need to find it again. Others may offer sympathy but that is not what you need.

I suggest you stop feeling sorry for yourself, take a few days out, get a playable sum for a bankroll, while working out which format suits you best.

And when you come back play without fear, its what you do best !

And switch that TV off, its not compulsory to play while the footie is on !

Good luck m8

Tony

• edited June 2010
    Have to say this floppin game has me hooked. I'm a football fan, but I've been playing poker instead.
  • edited June 2010
    What is frustrating, and it is happening to me a lot lately, is when you have a good hand and get called by rubbish and they get lucky.

An example is on a DYM I had a pair of J's. Raised 3x big blind, got called by one opponent, who had been calling with rubbish all game. Flop fell J,7,3, rainbow. I went AI and got called with a Q 10 !! He then got an AK on turn and river to straighten and winds me up in the chat box !  

Put's you off the game when it keeps happening. 
  • edited June 2010
    What has happened to you, Don ? Just a couple of months back I ran into you in several tournaments in a short space of time. You were playing great aggressive poker, and dumped me out of more than one. I made notes on you to that effect. Now you are posting all the time about your lack of luck, or maybe its really about your lack of confidence. Nobody in the forum can do much to help you ( not even DOHHHHH ! ) because you already have the game and just need to find it again. Others may offer sympathy but that is not what you need. I suggest you stop feeling sorry for yourself, take a few days out, get a playable sum for a bankroll, while working out which format suits you best. And when you come back play without fear, its what you do best ! And switch that TV off, its not compulsory to play while the footie is on ! Good luck m8 Tony  
    Posted by penguin7
    As you said i think it is lack of confidence. I agree fully, i was playing really good poker and the confidence was there to do things, but the lack of confidence has affected my game big time.

I am going to take time off and build the confidence back up. I suit the aggressive poker and tried a few new techniquies and killed my confidence. Ill not make that mistake again.
  • edited June 2010

I think it's very hard for anybody to play their best game without the correct bankroll behind them, that could be your problem Don.

When I joined I deposited 50 quid, each time it reached 100 I would draw 50 out, then try and build back up from 50 again. The trouble was that I was always scared stiff of losing a fiver, the prospect of losing 10% of my bankroll in one game was terrifying, even losing two quid seemed like a big blow. After reading threads here about BR management I realised I was doing it all wrong and just let my balance build up instead making the withdrawals. As the roll got bigger my confidence grew and I found I was playing a better game when free of fear, my results improved accordingly. I think when you can get a decent roll behind you Don you'll be right back on form.

• edited June 2010
    I think it's very hard for anybody to play their best game without the correct bankroll behind them, that could be your problem Don. When I joined I deposited 50 quid, each time it reached 100 I would draw 50 out, then try and build back up from 50 again. The trouble was that I was always scared stiff of losing a fiver, the prospect of losing 10% of my bankroll in one game was terrifying, even losing two quid seemed like a big blow. After reading threads here about BR management I realised I was doing it all wrong and just let my balance build up instead making the withdrawals. As the roll got bigger my confidence grew and I found I was playing a better game when free of fear, my results improved accordingly. I think when you can get a decent roll behind you Don you'll be right back on form.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Yea i think this was a massive problem for me, when my BR was good i was playing brilliant poker, when it came down i was always focused on getting it back up, affecting my game.

So thats probably also helped damage my confidence.

On a side note any wounder i dont have confidence.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    sb1 Small blind  800.00 800.00 7075.00
    The_Don90 Big blind  1600.00 2400.00 21745.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • Q

xCall  1600.00 4000.00 19167.50
    dlt Fold     
    camtra1 Fold     
    djcol38 Fold     
    sb1 Fold     
    The_Don90 All-in  21745.00 25745.00 0.00