You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poorly played hand

edited June 2010 in The Poker Clinic
I know i played this poorly but i am just going to ask where can i improve upon this hand
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
aSmall blind  £0.02 £0.02 £0.63
xBig blind  £0.04 £0.06 £1.96
  Your hole cards

cCall  £0.04 £0.10 £4.97
The_Don90 Call  £0.04 £0.14 £0.45
bCall  £0.04 £0.18 £2.54
aCall  £0.02 £0.20 £0.61
xCheck     
Flop

aCheck     
xCheck     
cCheck     
The_Don90 Check     
bBet  £0.08 £0.28 £2.46
aCall  £0.08 £0.36 £0.53
xCall  £0.08 £0.44 £1.88
cFold     
The_Don90 All-in  £0.45 £0.89 £0.00
bFold     
aFold     
xFold     
The_Don90 Show

The_Don90 Win  £0.49  £0.49
The_Don90 Return  £0.37 £0.03 £0.86

Now on this im short stacked with 10BB playing 100% BR (bad BR management caused this i admit), now theres enough in the pot to double what ive got already. I was hoping at least one of these people would call as i did have the nuts on a rainbow board, which is how i know i played it 100% badly.

However with only 10BB did i actually play it wrong ?

Comments

• edited June 2010
    I would buy in for at least 100BBs.
    Fold preflop.
    I think I would bet the flop and get it in on the turn.
    After 3 out of the other 4 players in the pot had already checked it I would just bet in case the last guy didn't bet. You will probably get called then you can easily get it in on the turn.
    With 10BBs surely you should just be shoving or folding preflop?
  • edited June 2010

Don I think there is a huge mis-understanding in somewhere in ur head, about how to play cash poker.

I suspect this is the same with tournys too, but in mtt's - they give u a starting stack rather than letting u chose it......

why r u playing that shallow???

Bankroll management isnt sitting with 10 bbs at a table.....

Do u have a bankroll to manage???

Don - u if u wanna take it serious u need to get a bankroll, which wud be at least 40 quid to play 2/4pence blinds....
  • edited June 2010

Don with a bankroll of 49p........

its just impossible....

with a 5% bankroll strategy u wud be looking for a game that costs 2.5pence......

I honestly think u wud be better off withdrawing it until u are in a better position to launch your poker career!

• edited June 2010
    You cant limp in profitably with a hand like 78 offsuit and a short stack like that. 
  • edited June 2010
    usually people who continually post hands show signs of improvement with their logic and how they process hands like dohhh, i think you need to start listening to advice if you actually wanna get better as you seem to be going the other direction

i don't think i'm way out of line here either.
  • edited June 2010
    As i was saying at the start here, it was poor bankroll management and i know it that left me in this situation. Been a little distracted and will be back on the poker after the world cup with £40 and work from that, going to have a proper shot.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Poorly played hand:
    usually people who continually post hands show signs of improvement with their logic and how they process hands like dohhh, i think you need to start listening to advice if you actually wanna get better as you seem to be going the other direction i don't think i'm way out of line here either.
    Posted by zing
    LOL
  • edited June 2010
    you have 10bbs and the nuts, id fold
  • edited June 2010
    Don, we are going over old ground here.  You shouldn't ever be in this position.  A few of us tried to show why not to sit without the max pull up in an earlier post.  Playing with 10bb limits your profits, limits your plays and you will lose sooner or later.

Don't play cash until you get £40-80 from somewhere. 
  • edited June 2010
    Don, we are going over old ground here.  You shouldn't ever be in this position.  A few of us tried to show why not to sit without the max pull up in an earlier post.  Playing with 10bb limits your profits, limits your plays and you will lose sooner or later. Don't play cash until you get £40-80 from somewhere. 
    Posted by Patching99
    Yea im taking the rest of the world cup off to get money together. What i have left is set of live games where im still making a profit.

Ill come back with BR management in plan aswell as a Bigger BR
  • edited June 2010
    Don you need psychiatric help imo
  • edited June 2010
    Don you need psychiatric help imo
    Posted by N1CK
    Classic !!