You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The £10 a day challenge

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
Righty ho. Not being big headed but I reckon im a half decent player :) A little too aggressive at times and prone to the occasional tilt (only 21 so plenty of time to learn). 

I enjoy playing tournys and cash games and in spurts i am easily making money, but then I think im amazing, play high stakes and lose the lot, tending to re-deposit more to catch up. < yes that is very stupid and I dont do this no more.... honest.

Anyway spiel over I was thinking surely it cant be that hard to make £10 a day and let the BR build up? I mean it may not sound a lot, but to me £300/month (based on 30 days a month) is pretty good. 

So i started it 3 days ago. £50 in the account and started my challenge. My aim was that once my BR reached £60 i'd stop for the night, no matter how good i was playing. 3 days in and i can successfully reveal i have reached my £80 BR target. 

£90 tomorrow :)

ppl tilting a lot should try it, maybe even set their own targets.

Thoughts?

Comments

• edited June 2010
    In Response to The £10 a day challenge:
    Righty ho. Not being big headed but I reckon im a half decent player :) A little too aggressive at times and prone to the occasional tilt (only 21 so plenty of time to learn).  I enjoy playing tournys and cash games and in spurts i am easily making money, but then I think im amazing, play high stakes and lose the lot, tending to re-deposit more to catch up. < yes that is very stupid and I dont do this no more.... honest. Anyway spiel over I was thinking surely it cant be that hard to make £10 a day and let the BR build up? I mean it may not sound a lot, but to me £300/month (based on 30 days a month) is pretty good.  So i started it 3 days ago. £50 in the account and started my challenge. My aim was that once my BR reached £60 i'd stop for the night, no matter how good i was playing. 3 days in and i can successfully reveal i have reached my £80 BR target.  £90 tomorrow :) ppl tilting a lot should try it, maybe even set their own targets. Thoughts?
    Posted by anonymous
    This is my post btw, dont know why it says anonymous :/
  • edited June 2010
    If you always stop when you make £10 profit on each day, you will find it just about impossible to average £10 profit a day.
  • edited June 2010
    What happens if you don't make £10? Do you keep playing till you do? Sounds to me like a recipe to start chasing your loses.

Think you would be better playing for a set time each day rather then a set limit and stick to your bankrole limit...
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: The £10 a day challenge:
    What happens if you don't make £10? Do you keep playing till you do? Sounds to me like a recipe to start chasing your loses. Think you would be better playing for a set time each day rather then a set limit and stick to your bankrole limit...
    Posted by cookie83
    Never came across that yet so good point. Hmmm i might need to re-think this lol
  • edited June 2010
    1 bad start to the day and then your on your back foot for the rest of that day trying to make your loses up rather than making £10 :(
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: The £10 a day challenge:
    If you always stop when you make £10 profit on each day, you will find it just about impossible to average £10 profit a day.
    Posted by MereNovice

this