You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Multi Tabling......Tips/advice needed

edited June 2010 in The Poker Clinic

I am starting to multi table more and more nowadays due to a better choice of MTT's there is each evening (NOT REBUY's!!!)

I will ONLY play TWO at a time but would like some feed back on any tips people might have which would be helpful in my particular situation.

Please note that I do not play cash tables ATM so all you 8/12 table super whiz kids do not need to tell us all how wonderful you all are :)

I can only play two and I sometimes still get timed out in a hand if it is my turn to act on both tables at the same time which can be annoying. Yes, I do use the autofold button but sometimes this does not help and I still get timed out.

Can I also ask how do people cope with only being able to view one lobby when multi tabling?. I really hate this as I am always trying to gage the overall tournament situation in regards to who has what left and the general 'feel' of where the MTT is. I know I can look at a summary on the table but you can not always judge the overall situation this way.

How Vince, TK, Dylan etc etc manage to multi table/chat and update threads is beyond me!!!

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Hi Max, sometimes when it's The League night I often play the 7.15 £2.20 deepie plus the £100 deepstack an hour later. I find this is good as because they are separated by an hour each toureny is at a very different stage, therefore I'm only in shove fold mode on the earlier one, obviously if I stay in both this changes but that doesn't happen too often lol.

Also in terms of making decisions on both tables I (so far) have never been timed out playing just two tables, unless I have say two massive calls to make on each table which could take some thought. On the lobby situation I tend to just leave the most important one open and the other game I just click the game status tab every now and then to see where I stand. Finally I think going on threads is do-able you just need to have everything set up properly so you know where to click to take your turn when needed.

Good luck with it mate.
  • edited June 2010
    Totally in agreement with you here m8. Yes I can play four or five cash tables reasonably well, but tournies are different. Two is ideal because you still have time to chat and also to be watching the other players moves.

I played three last night, and because I started well in the first one, TKs sleepie, (AA v QQ v JJ helped !) I was not as focused on the other two as I should have been. Tournies are all about the opportunities, and with three running its too easy to just focus on the cards, and miss chances.

So having missed good spots in the doublestack and falling way behind the leaders and running okay but not well in T-o-T, I ended up getting my chips in badly in the doublestack. Couldnt have found a nicer chap to donk them off to though ! Just a shame he didnt run just that bit better with them to make the serious money !

I think my mistake was entering the ToT at all, I should have withdrawn and concentrated on the other two. Soon made a bad error in that too, and was happy to concentrate on just the sleepie as it reached the FT. Despite taking it down it still felt like a wasted opportunity as the payout was a lot smaller than the other two tournies.

My target for the night was to make enough to pay for tonights biggie, and although I played a £10 BH late on and finished 3rd I didnt quite make it.

Important lesson I think, I wont be attempting to play more than two at a time again for a while.

• edited June 2010
    If you really want to take poker seriously, you could invest in another monitor so you have a dual set up.  You can then have the tables you are playing on one, and whichever lobbys you want open on another.
    You can pick up monitors quite cheap these days, and although a second one is not essential, it is so so much easier in all that you want to do, not just poker.
  • edited June 2010
    re:multi tabling  can anyone help me?i,m trying to get started but having problems.i can get the normal one table up&running but i don,t know what to do to get the second table on screen.(cash tables)please help it,s driving me crazy!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Multi Tabling......Tips/advice needed:
    re:multi tabling  can anyone help me?i,m trying to get started but having problems.i can get the normal one table up&running but i don,t know what to do to get the second table on screen.(cash tables)please help it,s driving me crazy!
    Posted by devonfish5
    minimize the poker table.
    go to lobby
    open up another
    it should load then you can move them above/mini view if you prefer

btw sky really really runs slow on some computers so if your PC can't handle it its best to just have 1 table running smooth than 2 tables running slow.

and max why would you need to know the tournie lobby up?  surely the only time you need to even look is around the bubble time so you can keep an eye on stack sizes.