You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PLEASE SKY BERNIE-- JUST A LITTLE TWEAK

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
 Hi Bernie, I just wondered if you could move the 22.15 deep stack, at the moment it gets hardly any runners because it starts 5 minutes after the most popular 2.30 bounty hunter--- The 23.15 deep stack was getting a reasonable field but it's gone from the schedule--- perhaps you could move it to 23.15- thanks for listening--

ps--Would love to see more of the one quid-25 grntd tournies--- these always fill up, but they finish early afternoon--- I'm sure they would be very popular with the low stakes players in the evening too--- thanks again---oynutter

Comments

• edited June 2010
    In Response to PLEASE SKY BERNIE-- JUST A LITTLE TWEAK:
     Hi Bernie, I just wondered if you could move the 22.15 deep stack, at the moment it gets hardly any runners because it starts 5 minutes after the most popular 2.30 bounty hunter--- The 23.15 deep stack was getting a reasonable field but it's gone from the schedule--- perhaps you could move it to 23.15- thanks for listening--  ps--Would love to see more of the one quid-25 grntd tournies--- these always fill up, but they finish early afternoon--- I'm sure they would be very popular with the low stakes players in the evening too--- thanks again---oynutter
    Posted by oynutter
    +1
  • edited June 2010

very good idea nutter after all they want as many in it possible to

• edited June 2010
    And could you tell that Tikay to stop moaning about people that moan, he's always doing it, moan, moan, moan-- some people enjoy a good moan, and moaning is part of our culture and our right--- He never moans about Americans eating hamburgers, so why should he moan about British people moaning--eh?

I would tell him myself, but he would only moan about it, and tell me to stop moaning-- thanks Bernie
  • edited June 2010

Americans never stop eating hamburgers, wassamattawivem?

PS - Bernie is on holiday I think, Sky-Rich too I think, but I'll send the Thread up to Adam right away.
  • edited June 2010
     Nice one Tikay,--lol--- I just thought I'd get your attention without actually hassling you--- Method in my madness see-- Actually I love your moaning, especially the one about "why would I want to talk to the the neighbours"--lol
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: PLEASE SKY BERNIE-- JUST A LITTLE TWEAK:
     Nice one Tikay,--lol--- I just thought I'd get your attention without actually hassling you--- Method in my madness see-- Actually I love your moaning, especially the one about "why would I want to talk to the the neighbours"--lol
    Posted by oynutter
    That's true - I do everything I can to avoid them! I get home after a week away, & I'm sure they look out for me, because all of a sudden the door opens, "ooh, hi Tony, how are you?".

And I'm thinking, "JYFv,hgjygg*T&^R*564w6436334off".

So I say, "oooh LOVELY to see you, how are things?"

And then they have this ugly dog that comes up to me, all friendly, & I bend down & it slobbers all over me, yuk, so I stand up, how much do I not like that? And then the dog cocks his leg & pees on my car wheels.

Jeez, I'm tilting up here just thinking about it.

I'm going home Sunday, & plan to arrive at 4am. I bet they are at the door. "Ooh, hi Tony....."

And they really are lovely people, honest, they are. It's just that you can't choose parents, & you can't choose nerighbours, & I like to choose my friends.

It's like that music you hear in shops & Restaurants. It drives me MADDDDDD. Who but a brainless moron would wish to listen to someone else's choice of music.

Jeez, I'm 100% tilted up now, thanks to you.

PS - Thread sent to Adam.
  • edited June 2010
    yeh!!--And what about them floppin shopkeepers--eh?-- They don't give a flop how you are, so why fluppin ask ya?--whats it got to with them anyway?--- and you just freakin walked there, so you know what the floppin weather is like!!---" Lovely day"---lovely floppin day!!!--- How do they know what kind of a day it is-- it could be the worst day of your floppin life for all they know--- I'm going to tell them my dog died and I just found out that I have lost my house and both of my legs have to come off because of gangrene next time---lovely fluppin day---flopwit stupid!!!!!!
  • edited June 2010
    yeh!!--And what about them floppin shopkeepers--eh?-- They don't give a flop how you are, so why fluppin ask ya?--whats it got to with them anyway?--- and you just freakin walked there, so you know what the floppin weather is like!!---" Lovely day"---lovely floppin day!!!--- How do they know what kind of a day it is-- it could be the worst day of your floppin life for all they know--- I'm going to tell them my dog died and I just found out that I have lost my house and both of my legs have to come off because of gangrene next time---lovely fluppin day---flopwit stupid!!!!!!
    Posted by oynutter
    ExacTLY.

"Good morning, they've given out rain, I see".

Aarrrggghhhhhh
  • edited June 2010
     What about them salesmen in shops--- "can I help you sir"-- flop off!!!!!-- If I wanted someone to fluppin help me, I would find someone to floppin help me!!!-- Do I look like I need help, do I?--- leave me alone you flopwit!!!!!!
  • edited June 2010
    what about those that tell  you ,in such a bored and artificial voice, 'Have a nice day'. you know full well they mean ' f@?! off you b@!£$%ds '.   i, being a mean spirited b'stard, just smile sweetly and say ' have a nice day to you as well'!!   their faces are inevetably a picture of absolute hate.
  • edited June 2010
    yeh--- thats the only reason I decided not to win a vegas package--- "have a nice day'--- "have a nice day"-- I won't be having a nice day until the world wakes up and starts using Americans in power stations instead of fossil fuels--- thank you very much!!!
  • edited June 2010
     What about them salesmen in shops--- "can I help you sir"-- flop off!!!!!-- If I wanted someone to fluppin help me, I would find someone to floppin help me!!!-- Do I look like I need help, do I?--- leave me alone you flopwit!!!!!!
    Posted by oynutter
    We might just, you & me, be kindred spirits.

Woe betide ANY salesman who wanders up to me & says "can I interest you in something Sir".

NO! IF & WHEN I WANT TO BUY SOMETHING, YOU'LL KNOW. UNTIL THEN, LEAVE ME ALONE, RIGHT?
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: PLEASE SKY BERNIE-- JUST A LITTLE TWEAK : We might just, you & me, be kindred spirits. Woe betide ANY salesman who wanders up to me & says "can I interest you in something Sir". NO! IF & WHEN I WANT TO BUY SOMETHING, YOU'LL KNOW. UNTIL THEN, LEAVE ME ALONE, RIGHT?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Funny you should say that tikay, my Dad and yourself are uncannily alike, he is on exactly the same intellectual level, he has the same thirst for knowledge, very similar interests, knows loads of stuff about industrial history, engineering ect, mad about tall ships. He read nearly every book on the second world war. He also has the same (feigning innocence) charm with ladies, and the same sense of humour too-- Honestly, if you two got together, you would be nattering for a week!--- My grandad (sadly missed now) was a radio amateur (g3mow) and was famous all over the place, people came from all over the planet for his funeral (Australia, Canada, South Africa ect), he was involved in decoding German messages in the war--- and he looked like you--lol
  • edited June 2010

''Oynutter finds long lost 'uncle'.......''
  • edited June 2010
    http://www.qsl.net/df8wz/Startenglisch.html

heres a link, this fella gives a tribute to my Grandad, he died in 1976
  • edited June 2010

Lovely link Mr Nutter - I particularly liked this......

".....In my opinion, communication means conversation and conversation helps
    to win friends all over the world......"

You were obviously very proud of your Grandad. Quite right too.
  • edited June 2010
    Thanks Tikay, yeh, I was well pleased when I found this fella giving him a mention 35 years later, nice to know he's still remembered, even if it is by a German---lol---Those first radio hams were also the worlds first proper international "community" of friends that could talk to eachother every day, so I'd say they were the first people to have loads of friends all over the world really. His funeral really was astonishing, the whole family were amazed!-- "Where did all these people come from"??--- There were hundreds!!--- Just goes to show what communication can do eh---yeh, I am very proud of him. He built all his electronic stuff himself, and had a 70 foot tower in the garden. He actually had one of the best rigs in the world at the time, and helped loads of people to build thier own radios.
  • edited June 2010
    Hi Oy,

It has been moved - Note: this will be it's last resting place, so rally the troops to get the numbers....

Kind regards,

Bernie
  • edited June 2010
    Thanks Bernie-- nice one, will do my best, I have to have the night off tonight because me Julee has issues that need my attention ( bet you never heard them called that before ), but as soon as I get back, I'll be right on the case. These are great tournies for the low stakes players and beginners, and I intend to start a bit of a campaign to get the message across --- Thanks again--oynutter
  • edited June 2010

High threadings for quality again Mr Nutter. I may think to tweak of myself now.

• edited June 2010

How good is this thread?

Kudos to Mr Nutter for addressing the problem the way he did, &, lo & behold, he got the answer he wanted as quick as a flash.

But another gem came out of it - his pride in his Grandad, which I found very touching, & moving. We only see people for their poker playing, or Forum Postiong, but often there is a deeper, far more revealing, depth to them, & I thought his Grandad story was terrific.

I happen to be extremely proud of my Dad, who went upstairs over 30 years ago, but I'm sure almost all of us have pride in our parents, & what they did.

I could tell stories galore about my Dad - he was (of COURSE!) a locomotive driver on the Great Western Region, & he achieved some remarkably notable things for a "regular guy". I have photos galore of these, & tales without number.

I wonder if a thread, in which we told each other about the most important people in our lives - Mums, Dads, siblings, wives, special friends, whatever, would interest others as much as it would interest me, or am I just an oddbod?

I do think that sometimes we poker players (me as much as anyone) need to get some balance into our Forum Posts, some non-poker stuff.

So, should we get a thread going?

Meanwhile, hats off to Mr Nutter. We sometimes - often! - have, shall we say, different views on things, but I've seen the inner man now, & that alone can only be good for both of us.

It's good to chat.
  • edited June 2010
     Awww --Thanks Tikay, we do sometimes have "different views"-- Usually ( I must admit ) because I have got frustrated and/or angry at the tables, and taken it out on the forum. You are much better at hiding your inability to suffer fools gladly than I am---lol

I think it is a good idea for a thread, and loads of people would love to tell stories about loved ones, even if no-one reads them--lol-- It's good to write these things, and very good to think about them now and again.

Everyone has a mad and/or funny story about a loved one, and they would really enjoy sharing it.

Perhaps you could start a thread in the shed

I didn't know your Dad was a train driver!-- but if it was a choice on a "who wants to be a millionaire" question, I think I would have got that one--lol

Yeh-- great idea for a thread-- we could all see who just posted on it, and then follow them on the cash tables, where they will be playing all soft and mushy--lol

Cheers Tikay

touched and socially re-adjusted

Tunbridge wells
  • edited June 2010
    High threadings for quality again Mr Nutter. I may think to tweak of myself now.
    Posted by emilyegg
    Cheers Emily an egg, funny how some threads go completely off subject, and end up starting whole new ideas innit-- And it's actually against the forum rules to "deviate wildly" from the subject of a thread--lol
  • edited June 2010
    We may be stringing up, if the moderations have the viewing of this.
  • edited June 2010
    One in particular, has put a fear up me--lol--shh
  • edited June 2010
    lol Mr Nutter, I have the chasing from 2 moderatings and not so long ago I was receiving a hero (phone) call to give me last-time warnings for my talkings of the subject matters on the poking threads.
  • edited June 2010
    Well, you just be a good egg now, and unscramble your thoughts before you post them in future!