You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

lobby chat

edited July 2015 in Poker Chat
Dont you think it would be good to be able to chat in the lobby while you are waiting for players and the game to start.
Please let me know uour thought on this one.
Good luck at the tables.

Comments

• edited July 2015
    People hardly chat at the table....doubt they will chat in the lobby.

Ger
  • edited July 2015
    It would just full of people either saying Sky is fixed, or asking for staking
  • edited July 2015
    Some would say, what time to the tables load?
  • edited July 2015
    i doubt that Doughie has hung around for the 6 years to receive a reply! 

• edited July 2015
    LMAO, Mumsie your in for it!!!
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: lobby chat:
    i doubt that Doughie has hung around for the 6 years to receive a reply! 
    Posted by GELDY
    lol just checked the date after seeing this.

well spotted G
  • edited July 2015
    People hardly chat at the table....doubt they will chat in the lobby. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Hahaha too true ger 
  • edited July 2015

This is awesome.

I'd like to know how mumsie came to find a 6 year old thread by chance.

How do these things happen?

Bump of the Year.
  • edited July 2015
    This is awesome. I'd like to know how mumsie came to find a 6 year old thread by chance. How do these things happen? Bump of the Year.
    Posted by Tikay10
    hahaha didnt notice that!!

Love this!!
  • edited July 2015
    It would just full of people either saying Sky is fixed, or asking for staking
    Posted by jordz16
    doubt it as no xfers.... also find no xfers a massive problem that sky need to sort
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: lobby chat : doubt it as no xfers.... also find no xfers a massive problem that sky need to sort
    Posted by Itsover4u
    Really?

So quick to withdraw from sky though and no ex rate differences, would have thought player to player xfer is a long way off a massive problem for sky.
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: lobby chat : Really? So quick to withdraw from sky though and no ex rate differences, would have thought player to player xfer is a long way off a massive problem for sky.
    Posted by MattBates
    I'm with you there Mr Bates, I'd be very surprised if it was even on their "wish list" or "things to do" list. It brings with it all whole added dimension of admin & responsibility. Lots of downside, very little upside. That's my personal view. Be very surprised if there was much demand for it here, either. 

Amazing how this 6 year old thread has found legs, they are longer than yours.   

• edited July 2015
    Does xfer mean players being able to give some of their balance directly to others?

Yikes. 

I am sure skypoker have enough compliance issues to keep them busy without opening up a potential money laundering legislation can of worms.
  • edited July 2015
    Does xfer mean players being able to give some of their balance directly to others? Yikes.  I am sure skypoker have enough compliance issues to keep them busy without opening up a potential money laundering legislation can of worms.
    Posted by Phantom66
    I wouldnt like to see this here, but it is a good feature.

another poker forum I used to frequent. We all  chipped in some money to encourage us to grind a 1000 . (OR something like that) at the end. The money got redistributed amongst the achievers . Transfering the money  via a pokersite that we grinded on was a seemless affair.
  • edited July 2015
    Does xfer mean players being able to give some of their balance directly to others? Yikes.  I am sure skypoker have enough compliance issues to keep them busy without opening up a potential money laundering legislation can of worms.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Yes, it means person to person transfer of funds.

'Stars have facilitated it for years, but recently they have clamped down on it - "we are not a bank", & I believe they will soon cease to offer it at all, as the Regulators are getting a bit stroppy about it.

Going back a few years, 'Stars was almost like an online bank, we all used it to send money to & from each other, but they are restricting that now. Quite right too, Online Poker Sites should not try to be (unregulated) banking services imo.

Personally, I'm dead against it.

There are LOTS of bells & whistles I'd like to see Sky Poker add, some of them quite pressing imo, but this is not one of them.
  • edited July 2015
    yep

feel free to leave money laundering capabilities off the wish list