You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A carefully worded complaint.

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
It seems that,in their wisdom, Sky have decided to remove the £5.20 satellites to qualify for the SPT semi finals.
Their own web site promotes them-http://media.skybet.com/creatives_2009/_landing_pages/campaigns/_poker/sky_poker_tour/images/flow_568x400.jpg and I've already played a few and played two semi finals. The only way left to qualify now is to buy direct into the semi finals for £24.
 So what I need to know is why? This move will preclude a lot of players from trying to qualify as it simply
too much out of people's bank rolls to do it this way. Sky make a lot of the fact that this site is all about the community and rightly so but this has left me baffled. For me to enter a semi-final is 10% of my current bankroll and one chance of qualifying and it is simply going to be bad bankroll management for me to have more than one go.
In summary, please re-instate these and give us with smaller bank rolls the chance to qualify as I really enjoyed
SPT Luton and would hate to miss out just because Sky have decided to change the qualifying process with no explanation.
Regards,
Mohican.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Maybe this is why the satelites have been struggling to reach 10 runners! I thought Swansea was going to be on par with Luton for popularity, seems to be everyone who wants a seat has one and no1 else is trying :( Bit of promotion needed maybe me thinks?
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: A carefully worded complaint.:
    Maybe this is why the satelites have been struggling to reach 10 runners! I thought Swansea was going to be on par with Luton for popularity, seems to be everyone who wants a seat has one and no1 else is trying :( Bit of promotion needed maybe me thinks?
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Without doubt the reason why numbers are low. Simply too expensive to have more than 1 go for most players.
  • edited June 2010
    Just a thought about the timing of these SPT satellites which rarely make enough runners. Most of these are scheduled for late afternoon/early evening when many people are still working or eating dinner.

Could we not try them at a busier time, say 10pm ?

In an ideal world those who got through would be given a ticket to enter the semi on an night of there choice, as on many other sites. But I know Sky dont have the technology for this yet,and they would have to be auto entered for the next day. But I am sure they would attract bigger fields.

This also applies to other sats like tonights for Sundays £55 deepstack. It will never succeed at 7pm. Those of us who are lucky enough to be able to play are also thinking about the main event and other tournies starting an hour or so later and so dont bother.

By 10pm more people would be out of the main tournies and looking for a worthwhile game.

• edited June 2010
    Hi Mohican,

The SPT sats will return tomorrow - There was little interest during the early stages of the WC, but they will now return as per your request.

Kind regards,

Bernie
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: A carefully worded complaint.:
    Hi Mohican, The SPT sats will return tomorrow - There was little interest during the early stages of the WC, but they will now return as per your request. Kind regards, Bernie
    Posted by Sky_Bernie
    Thanks, that's great news. Shall renew my efforts to qualify tomorrow, if I survive my first rugby league game for 18 months on the hottest day of the year.