You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

General poker qs

edited June 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Yo dudes and dudettes.
How do you play hands like AT-AQ, KT-KQ, strong suited connectors, 22-TT when raising in late position (CO, BTN, or SB) and get 3 bet by reg(s) you suspect are 3 betting light but haven't yet seen them showdown? Obviously different when you have position over the 3 better than when you don't.
2nd thing is if you are the preflop raiser/3 better and c bet flop and suspect you might be getting floated a lot or called down light should you bet a ton of safe turns even with hands like KK on ace high flop (i.e 2nd pair type hands etc)? Especially when you think they will fold a lot of turns. And how does position affect things?

Comments

• edited June 2010
    if you think they are 3 betting light then you have to adjust either 4bet or take a flop in position and play from there, id 4bet bluff small pairs and take a flop with big aces mainly then see if he adjusts again

if im floated i might check turn to induce as i think they fold alot to 2nd barrel on ace high flop, if hes calling me down light then il just keep firing looking to get him in on river bet, 
  • edited June 2010
    i tend to flat the suited hands IP 4bet bluff KQo and 4bet/c AQo (will 4b/c AQs aswell)

4bet bluff alot more when oop, you can do it with small pairs but then you will have to call their shove, better to 4bet  with blockers from their 5bet shoving range (Ax Kx)
  • edited June 2010
    Im raising K8+, Ax on the BTN, so should I be 4 bet bluffing these hands or should I just chuck the unsuited ones, flat the suited broadway, and 4 bet bluff KQo and 4bet get it in with AQ? So that would mean chucking hands like KTo, KJo, ATo, AJo? Or would these also be part of my 4 bet bluffing range?

and what would you say about the 2nd part of my 1st post lolraise?
  • edited June 2010

it all depends on your oppoenent and how thy react to 3bets or 4bets, if they 3betr absurdly high % then i would 4bet bluff alot and flat with big hands (until you show them down alot)  if they dont fold  to 4bets alot then you jsut want to pureply 4bet for value, like 99+ AQ+

i wouldnt 4bet Ax 100% of the time just every so often, namely 1st time in session when he 3bets you. and as you get furhter into session i would change my range more towards value than bluffs, also i thought you were at nl5 rush, if so i dont think much of this should be applied to that game.

regards to the 2nd point if he floats you alot and you have KK on Ax board i would c/c turn. and c/eval river depending on villains tendencies.

position is fun and calling 3bets oop isnt fun people dont tend to float oop so if you cbet KK on Axx when you are in position i would check back trn fold river

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: General poker qs:
    Im raising K8+, Ax on the BTN, so should I be 4 bet bluffing these hands or should I just chuck the unsuited ones, flat the suited broadway, and 4 bet bluff KQo and 4bet get it in with AQ? So that would mean chucking hands like KTo, KJo, ATo, AJo? Or would these also be part of my 4 bet bluffing range? and what would you say about the 2nd part of my 1st post lolraise?
    Posted by BlackFish3
    i think you can open your steal range up to suited conecters 78+ and q9os+, obviously this range depends on how the blinds play, what you want to 4bet bluff and call 3 bets with really depends on how confident you are with your post flop play, il fold or 4bet small pairs because they dont play great post flop, if you feel he is 3 betting your late raises a lot then your broadways and big ace hands are crushing his range so it can pay not to 4bet him off his hand,
    if he is a good reg then he will know your late pos rasise will be any pair any ace q9ish+ so he can adjust his 4bet range from that,

• edited June 2010
    i have a question, your in the blinds facing button raise with a small pocket pair whats your best play and why?
  • edited June 2010
    i have a question, your in the blinds facing button raise with a small pocket pair whats your best play and why?
    Posted by N1CK
    I 3 bet because I probably have the best hand, want to take initiative out of position as I hate every flop without hitting set and don't think I can profitably call down out of position.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: General poker qs : I 3 bet because I probably have the best hand, want to take initiative out of position as I hate every flop without hitting set and don't think I can profitably call down out of position.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    i see a lot of players setmining here i think this is bad because you have to look at the odds for hitting a set then as his range is wide the odds of him hitting a big hand strong enough to get his stack,

i think its ok if you just call with small pairs with the intention of bluffing at some point in the hand