You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Referee!!!!!!! You Can't Be Serious? £1 Primo Direct

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
Just Noticed a £1 re-buy satalite into the 10k Gtd Primo -

Can anyone tell me how this works? Usually 1 in 5 go through, so if 25 players enter 5 go through.

Now with the option of re-buys where is all the extra money going? cause if it gets paid to the bubble boy like it usually does - I will be shoving with air on the bubble just so I cash.

Or if there are enough re-buys, does that mean more players would go through?

Whats the story morning glory - anyone know?

Comments

• edited June 2010
    good question just looked at it in the lobby but it does not explain much at all.

come on sky give more detail on whats going on with all this extra cash .
  • edited June 2010
    Just top 5 get in i think.
  • edited June 2010
  • edited June 2010
    TOP 5 GO INTO PRIMO SO IF A HUNDERED ENTER STILL TOP 5
  • edited June 2010
    Hi Trev,

I thought I would try something different for you all who want to play in the Primo - I have guaranteed 5 seats at a cost of £165, and if the rebuys etc take the prize fund over this figure all the extra £'s will go to the *bubble. (*The 6th placed player)

So far today I'm way out of pocket but there is another one at 18.15 so please give it a go if you fancy it?

Kind regards,

Bernie
  • edited June 2010
    The earlier 1 got 36 runners 52 re-buys 6 add-ons plus 36x£1.10=£103.40
  • edited June 2010
    Hmmmm, it'll be interesting to see how that goes.

There'll obviously be lesss than 165 runners going for the 5 seats. Sky will be hoping that multiple rebuys will make up the difference.

As I type there's one of these running that started earlier, the 36 runners have re-bought and added-on 58 times, £39.60 + £63.80 = £103.40, so there's an overlay of £61.60.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Referee!!!!!!! You Can't Be Serious? £1 Primo Direct:
    Its a re buy
    Posted by acebarry10
    I can see its a re-buy Baz - Top 5 go through but if it makes more than £165 where does the extra cash go?
  • edited June 2010
    I played in what I think was the first of these when there were a total of 39 runners.  There were a total of 53 rebuys and 9 addons.  By my calculation that means £101 was put in by players but the seats totalled £165.

My guess is that if the players put in more than £165 then the excess would go to the player in 6th place , but that is only a guess.  Mind you there would have to be a LOT more players OR rebuys for that to happen.

For info the second of these games at 4.15 only attracted 36 runners with 52 reuys and 6 addons making £94 put in by players.

Edit. While I was typing this Sky Bernie has confirmed any overlay will go to the 6th player.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Referee!!!!!!! You Can't Be Serious? £1 Primo Direct : I can see its a re-buy Baz - Top 5 go through but if it makes more than £165 where does the extra cash go?
    Posted by POKERTREV
    i doubt it will go over the £165 the tohers ahvent but if ti shud see bernies reply
  • edited June 2010

Based on those stats these satellites are good value for anybody intending to pay for a Primo seat.

• edited June 2010
    Hi Trev, I thought I would try something different for you all who want to play in the Primo - I have guaranteed 5 seats at a cost of £165, and if the rebuys etc take the prize fund over this figure all the extra £'s will go to the *bubble. (*The 6th placed player) So far today I'm way out of pocket but there is another one at 18.15 so please give it a go if you fancy it? Kind regards, Bernie
    Posted by Sky_Bernie
    Thanks for that Bernie.
    I think it's an interesting concept, but I think if they are running later like the other £7 direct sats they will get a much bigger field and the prize fund for bubble boy could be quite interesting. 
  • edited June 2010
    Had thought of playing this till i saw hoggers and penguin7 no chance!!
  • edited June 2010
    Posted by belsibub
    That still leaves 3 places belsibub and with Hoggers & Penquin at the helm to knock the rest of the field out, i'd say your chances are still good.

Ok - I might give it a go myself. I usually enter the £7 direct sat so I think that 3 rebuys and 1 add on is the target.
  • edited June 2010
    Hi Trev, I thought I would try something different for you all who want to play in the Primo - I have guaranteed 5 seats at a cost of £165, and if the rebuys etc take the prize fund over this figure all the extra £'s will go to the *bubble. (*The 6th placed player) So far today I'm way out of pocket but there is another one at 18.15 so please give it a go if you fancy it? Kind regards, Bernie
    Posted by Sky_Bernie
    Top man for once, credit where credits due, i think if you persevere with this it will work, just it wasn't advertised so not many runners. Try giving it a couple of weeks and i'm sure it will be successful. Well done for giving the low bankroll guys a look in - even if its a rebuy!! lol. Actually i have no problems with rakes on rebuys until the guarantee is met, its just after this threshold i have issues, and when its not guaranteed, however in this case £165 prize pool seems great for a quid. well done Bernie!!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Referee!!!!!!! You Can't Be Serious? £1 Primo Direct : Top man for once, credit where credits due, i think if you persevere with this it will work, just it wasn't advertised so not many runners. Try giving it a couple of weeks and i'm sure it will be successful. Well done for giving the low bankroll guys a look in - even if its a rebuy!! lol. Actually i have no problems with rakes on rebuys until the guarantee is met, its just after this threshold i have issues, and when its not guaranteed, however in this case £165 prize pool seems great for a quid. well done Bernie!!
    Posted by loonytoons
    Your right Loony.
    I think the concept is great, just didn't understand it till burnie replied to my post. More advertising and a better time slot should do the trick.

I've entered the 6.16pm one to give it a go.
  • edited June 2010
    Posted by belsibub
    penguin7 yes but Hoggers will bubble ;)
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Referee!!!!!!! You Can't Be Serious? £1 Primo Direct : penguin7 yes but Hoggers will bubble ;)
    Posted by phil12uk
    incorrect hoggers had 9 rebuys yes 9, and lost every race

lol
  • edited June 2010
    Posted by belsibub
    My first and probably last attempt at one of these rebuys !

Played sensible poker and ran well. Then shoved with 99 and called by 10 7 offsuit. Good fun for £1.10 but I think I will buy a lottery ticket instead.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Referee!!!!!!! You Can't Be Serious? £1 Primo Direct : incorrect hoggers had 9 rebuys yes 9, and lost every race lol
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Crikey was it really 9? It didn't seem that many at the time.
  • edited June 2010
    Just bubbled =(
  • edited June 2010
    Wow - I made it!!!!  (4 Re-buys & 1 Add On)
    w4rlock2210001Entry to £10k GTD Primo
    FUNK43702Entry to £10k GTD Primo
    POKERTREV03Entry to £10k GTD Primo
    SMOKINJOE04Entry to £10k GTD Primo
    jimchree2405Entry to £10k GTD Primo