You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Help for a new player

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
hiya, i have not long started playing and an starting to play tournements but would love to get an easy to understand book to read to help me learn the game.

Can anyone give me a heads up on one.

thanks!!

Comments

• edited June 2010
    theres alot of good poker books out there for help on the game. but we have a very good poker school here on line that you will also find very good and i am sure that everyone on the forum will give you as much advice as you need. gl and welcome to our little family :)

the book i used to start with was doylo brunsons book good read but complicated :(
  • edited June 2010
    Just rail Dohhhhhhh, and watch how he busts moves and takes pots.

You can't get stuff like that from reading books.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Help for a new player:
    hiya, i have not long started playing and an starting to play tournements but would love to get an easy to understand book to read to help me learn the game. Can anyone give me a heads up on one. thanks!!
    Posted by CTFC
    Hi CTFC.
    Welcome to the forum. Don't know any good books personally, but here on sky poker we have a poker school. Just click on More and scroll down to poker school. It will help you with the basics whilst you are waiting for a book suggestion.
  • edited June 2010
    yes deffo look at the poker school,as for the book harrington on holdem.
  • edited June 2010
    I've picked up loads watching the skypoker channel on sky(channel 865) or on my computer.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Help for a new player:
    yes deffo look at the poker school,as for the book harrington on holdem.
    Posted by FINS
    + 1 , great book
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Help for a new player:
    I've picked up loads watching the skypoker channel on sky(channel 865) or on my computer.
    Posted by Mohican
    +1
  • edited June 2010
    Harrington on Hold'em Vol I and II are an excellent choice, they will certainly improve your tournament skills.

Just remember that while the advice is excellent, sometimes it's of limited value in low buy-in tournaments, say £2 Bounty Hunters, the fields there tend to contain high numbers of bingo-style players who'll be making eccentric and unpredictable plays.