You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A couple of crazy hands from a night of live poker

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
So I played my first live game for a couple of months last night.  Not playing live is a bit unusual for me but the last time I played live I got a little annoyed with the combination of sanctimony and ugly smells you get from some players live.

Busted halfway in the tourney, bit of binkage and coming second in a race.  No issues.  It was at the cash game table where it got interesting.  To describe this game as loose isn't really giving full credit to the vast range of starting hands that will call a three bet here.  There are some very good players and there are so quite frankly dazed and confused players at this game.  It's 1/2 and I'm just killing time waiting for my Dad to finish the tourney so I just buy in for a ton not intending to go too crazy.

The very first hand I play I'm up against a guy who actually looks like Billy The Fish.  His play has been 'unique' so I'm pretty confident he'll pay me off on my turned nut flush.  His last 65 quid is in the middle and then the river of sorrow brings a fourth club on the board giving him the straight flush.  Boom the Poker Gods kick me square in the special area.

Down to 30 quid and just intending to get it in when I can I look down to see a couple of ducks.  I join the usual couple of limpers into the pot when Billy pumps it up.  He is of course met by his usual six callers when I decide 'Twos Never Loses' and shove the rest in the middle.  Four callers and I have my value.  Door card, 2.  Turn card 2.  And we're back.  Managed to more than double my buy in by the end, the only other hand of real interest was Billy getting two callers on the river when everyone was playing the board's two pair and ace (now that's respect).

So the nut flush rivered away by the one outer and a shove with on a wing of a prayer making Quads.  If you're the kind of person who considers online poker to be rigged, just remember that there's only 52 cards out there, and crazy stuff happens.  That's why we play the game, it's just plain ludicrous.

Comments