You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SKY - Where is the 8.15 100gtd Deepstack (Sky you are taking the P)

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
Just noticed our regular 8.15 Deepstack Tourny is missing and has now been turned into a rebuy.

Sky are you taking the P - This is a regular tourny and gets a decent field every night, so why oh why have you changed it from it's original format to a re-buy?.

If this is an error - I accept your apology - if Not then its goodbye from me and goodbye from him.

I am completely Outraged and ask you to look at this sensibly and return it to it's rightful home.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    As from this evening:

I will also be abstaining from the 100gtd re-buy until further notice. If this is not rectified I will also be pulling out of all the other regular tournies I enter everynight.

That includes the Orfordables, Tikays Sleepstack, all the ToT's and and the quarter past the hour deepies as from Tonight. 
  • edited June 2010
    They cannot be serious!!-- must be an accident mate--hopefully be back tomorrow
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: SKY - Where is the 8.15 100gtd Deepstack (Sky you are taking the P):
    They cannot be serious!!-- must be an accident mate--hopefully be back tomorrow
    Posted by oynutter
    YES Nutter - This is Just Not Tennis! Chalk Dust! You Cannoty Be Serious!

I am John Flopping McInroe Fuming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited June 2010
    i think sky are over doing the rebuy format.

all the freerolls are rebuys now as well.... seems they are turning everything into a rebuy ??

i understand give a rebuy on a few tourneys but seriously i hate rebuys, you outplay someone then they rebuy and carry on throwing chips at it until they get a lucky run of form.... ie you play a good hand and they call you with q4 off because they know they can rebuy.

but seriously a rebuy deepstack, isn't that a lil crazy ? the deepstack is meant to be more of a relaxed game and with rebuys it'l just turn it quite stupid
  • edited June 2010
    If this is true, then it's a monumental error. This was a regularly supported nightly tournament. I accept that rebuys have their place, but enough is enough, we do not want to be overrun by the perverse format that allows the beatn to triumph - may as well allow England to reenter the world cup!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: SKY - Where is the 8.15 100gtd Deepstack (Sky you are taking the P):
    If this is true, then it's a monumental error. This was a regularly supported nightly tournament. I accept that rebuys have their place, but enough is enough, we do not want to be overrun by the perverse format that allows the beatn to triumph - may as well allow England to reenter the world cup!
    Posted by darich
    Now thats one re-buy too far m8y.
  • edited June 2010
    no, it's not changed to a rebuy, it's just missing-- am sure it's an accident-- they would'nt dream of taking it away--- we would all go flopwit mentalated !!!
  • edited June 2010
    i kinda misread what was said....

i thought you were saying the deepie was turned into a rebuy as in a deepie rebuy :P.

but either way, that deepie rebuy was very well sought after and even tikay himself used to play it quite often i believe.

i am not into the deepie based tourneys, because i can get a lil impatient sometimes.... but everyone has their own preferences.

and i believe a min of 30 people bought into that tourney every night ??

but either way rebuys need to be given their own place and not take the place of an established tourney
  • edited June 2010
    i kinda misread what was said.... i thought you were saying the deepie was turned into a rebuy as in a deepie rebuy :P. but either way, that deepie rebuy was very well sought after and even tikay himself used to play it quite often i believe. i am not into the deepie based tourneys, because i can get a lil impatient sometimes.... but everyone has their own preferences. and i believe a min of 30 people bought into that tourney every night ?? but either way rebuys need to be given their own place and not take the place of an established tourney
    Posted by Darlomike
    Yes - I beleive re-buys should have their own Tab, just like the Omaha's etc. They should be seperated from other tournies. At the moment if you click on holdem it also brings up all the re-buy ones as well, on other sites you can click on a column to choose your prefered format.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: SKY - Where is the 8.15 100gtd Deepstack (Sky you are taking the P) : Yes - I believe re-buys should have their own Tab, just like the Omaha's etc. They should be separated from other tournies. At the moment if you click on holdem it also brings up all the re-buy ones as well, on other sites you can click on a column to choose your preferred format.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    There IS a tab just for rebuys but the rebuys are ALSO under the the regular/speed tabs as well which I think is wrong.

I have to admit that I am actually a fan of rebuy tournaments, but I want a choice and I agree with you that far to many of the established games are now being turned into rebuys. 

Edit:- I just had a quick count up of the Holdem ALL section and there are 75 tournaments listed and only 15 of these are standard games.