You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

this is a job for... SUPER-TIKAY-MAN

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
I think it's unfair to direct this at Tikay.  Tikay isn't Sky Poker, it's not his poker site, he doesn't make the decisions you are talking about and he can't change what has happened.

He does, out of his good nature, forward lots of suggestions up to the management but as he has also said many times the community isn't the customer helpline.

We are not Tikay's 'customers'.

However, he has many many times championed the interests of the players.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    tikay...

you said that sky listen to the comments.  over the past weeks there have been 20 threads on a similar subject.  tournaments have been changed to rebuys.  tournaments have been removed. people have asked for things to be restored.  a week ago someone from sky said that the 9pm gtd and 10pm velo were reinstated at ten past the hour.  one week later they no longer exist. 

more threads are appearing... your customers are not happy.  are you able to champion the interests of your fans?

everyone reading this please say +1 if you agree or -1 if not

thanks tikay

regards
    rob
  • edited June 2010

thanks machka... but back to the point...

• edited June 2010

and, for the avoidance of doubt, i have nothing but praise for tikay and what he does,.  grest guy, great asset for sky, relentless in his quest to make things better for us all.

tikay commented on behalf of sky a week ago.  the message he relayed about the restoration of key freezeouts was not carried through.

so clearly this is a request to tikay to help

• edited June 2010

It has only been a week you say, if so then give it time, it is a difficult time for sky and other poker sites at the moment when having the World Cup on and also the WSOP on at the same time - GTD's on each mtt has been lowered and they are not trying the Rebuy concept, they are not going to get the balance correct straight away but given time im sure things will improve.

All these threads have started wanting certain tournaments back and in fairness when people have shown support then sky have given what people wanted - namely the £22 FO on Monday evenings. I agree there is a need for more mtt's that are not rebuys - but you have to remember we now have TOT which are not rebuys on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings and these got an ok following . There is no point over loading the tournament lobby with mtt's left right and centre which don't get the runners atm, there is a need to be varietey but in order to please as many people as they can then sky need some time to sort everything out and once traffic picks up after WC and WSOP they will be able to judge more what mtt's need to be put in the lobby etc

• edited June 2010

yes i agree dylan... these two in question were reinstated in response to the threads... but now removed,  time isnt the problem on these occasions.   the great news of last week was shortlived, hence the dismay and request to tikay for his help.

• edited June 2010
    I can't personally comment on those two tournaments because I have not played them for a while im afraid. Unfortunatley I don't think we can rely on tikay to get these back personally because he has a busy time at the moment and is on the verge of leaving for Vegas. What I would suggest is for you to change the title of this thread and try and attract people to lend their support to bring these tournaments back - Phil12uk did this with the £22 FO and it received a number of posts backing it and sky reinstated it. Get the support needed from the players and send it to sky bernie and im sure he will listen to the masses, he would be foolish not to. And who knows he may re instate them now that England are out and traffic may increase but as I said previously with the WC and WSOP and ofc this hot weather - I do think that he may have pulled them because it was not getting the runners needed - this is obviously just my opinion on why they were pulled!! 
  • edited June 2010

thanks dylan matey