You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Other Sites

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
Thread might be deleted immediately but hopefully this will hold.

How do you think they compare?

Sky's my home and I far prefer it to others.

I like the forums. I like the structures. I like to watch similar on ch865 24-7 when my bankroll's bust.

But I can't be the only tart to have flashed their knickers at the big boys? You'd be mad not to take advantage of all the welcome bonuses (and I got none here because I'd been a member of SkyBet for years Sky!!! Grrr).

I like the way my avatar can be a donkey on Full Tilt. I like the way I can change it's expression. That's cool. The 9 handed tables tend to play into my tight-aggresive style too. At times Sky feels like the biggest bluffer wins. Maybe Sky could experiment with 9-handed tables?

Willie Hill's alright but gave me a £5.5K limit straight off. And I was drunk. Not good.

Surprisingly I haven't done PKR yet. But will. Apparently to look at your cards is a tell there and it's as close as you can get to live pkr. Which doesn't impress me.

Titan gave me a decent welcome bonus and soon as I joined I had some admin dude corresponding with me one on one which I thought was a nice touch.

The only reason I'd leave here is if the stakes weren't big enough and that's at least 6 months away :-)

I'm sure I've joined more when Sky won't let me deposit anymore of a Saturday night.

Your thoughts. (Sorry Sky but this could be a learning curve?)

Comments

• edited June 2010
    when i first started to play online poker i to played a number of other sites and forums but soon found sky and that is were i am staying for ever :)
    the reason for this is sky's the best of the bunch and a lot safer than other site were you can have more than 1 account at least here i know i am playing really people all the time and not bots.

well done sky best poker site and forum on the net by far
  • edited June 2010
    No doubt about it but Sky Poker is the only site out there where you can know the majority of other regulars within a few months which in my opinion makes a huge difference to the fun that can be had.

Sky Poker do have 10 handed tables if you look about and the (I think) Tikay Sleepstack is a superbly structured 10 handed tourny.

I was also a bit miffed on sign-up not to get any bonus since I'd had an inactive account on Sky Bet for years (hint hint Sky_Dannip ;-) ) - but who needs free money eh?

Personally I'm not interested in making my avatar's expression change or having different backdrops.  If I had my way on a 6 seater we'd be black squares on a grey background and named P1 P2 P3 P4 P5 P6 in fact it would look so depressing you'd just go all in every hand until the misery was over... ok, maybe not.

And finally, which other site has ch 865 with Tikay, Rich, Lisa-Marie, Ed, Sarah, etc etc?

• edited June 2010
    very well said  Machka i totally agree
  • edited June 2010
  • edited June 2010
    get so so so many more players if the software were better...
  • edited June 2010
    I've played on 3 other sites, earning tidy sign-up bonuses at each. Sky was the 4th site I joined, but like bandini I couldn't earn a sign-up bonus because I joined Sky Bet in 2006 (only ever placed one bet).

So I have 4 sites to choose from, but I play at least 95% of my poker on Sky, in fact I'm considering withdrawing all my funds held on the other sites. So why Sky? There are two main reasons, I like the whole community package, TV channel, forum, presenters active on the forums and playing at the tables, etc. and I have a better ROI here. Also a factor now is that my game has adapted to 6-max tables, I'm not at ease now going back to 9 or 10.
  • edited June 2010
    Ive played on many a site, including the 3 Bandini mentioned. Sky is by far my favorite.

I love the six handed game, im strong over a six handed table, where im weak 9 - 10 handed.

I love the set up of the site, the people on the forums (fair enough some non-forum players do my head in but that happens everywhere and is far worse on the bigger sites).

I like the fact everyone tries to help new players, i remember when i first came to sky and i was a serial limper, now ive stepped up my game big time. And ive even improved as a person thanks to some adivice. Im calmer on the tables, and less likley to explode, as a result my tilting habit has got better.
  • edited June 2010
    i also have tried other sites..

iv been drawn in by big guaranteed (100k)
    and jackpot sit n gos on the i poker network, but the truth is, although sky poker does not have the traffic/big guaranteed tourneys and software as some of the big sites,    i always return to sky once i get bored..

the forum/community here on sky along with 865 viewing is second to none... i have played more or less every day here on sky since i joined in December 07....

like tikay reminds me every time i have a whinge.. there are pros and cons to every site (including sky)

the pros of sky poker way outweighgh the cons and is by far my favourite site
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Other Sites:
    get so so so many more players if the software were better...
    Posted by lynx3ffect
    although this is what sky want (££££) the fact that it doesnt have alot of traffic makes it the site it is
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Other Sites : although this is what sky want (££££) the fact that it doesnt have alot of traffic makes it the site it is
    Posted by bigflop1
    I'm not sure having many many more players would make the community aspect any different.  There are currently 2000 odd people online and 800 playing but how many of those actually contribute to the cummunity aspect?  Other than lots more bad beat stories being posted I don't think it would change a lot.  And who doesn't like to hear a good bad beat story eh? lol
  • edited June 2010
    Software is the problem. I registered for tonights primo at about 7pm and got the confirmation up on screen. I logged in at 8pm and table didn't load. Then I find I'm not even entered in it. The money is back in my account but I missed a game elsewhere to play this and now I can't play either. What a shambles.

Never mind it's probably saved me £33 the way I run on here of late.
  • edited June 2010
    i love sky, i love the community,i love the presenters, i just hate the way its run!!   rant over
  • edited June 2010
    I keep detailed records of all of my online poker play.  I make a lot more money on a couple of other very large sites (mainly down to getting through much more STTs in a session than here).

However I now play much much more here at SkyPoker.  This is down purely to the community and the dedicated TV channel.  It's just that simple.  I enjoy playing here a lot more than anywhere else.

Poker began with 'Card Schools' where you would see the same people over and over again.  That's what the SkyPoker community has tapped into and that's why I'd hung around so long (although the Missus isn't happy, I used to give here all the FPPs I made in the form of shopping vouchers to her.  She has now assumed these were hers by right and not presents, there she is annoyed she hasn't had a free pair of shoes in a couple of months).
  • edited June 2010
    (although the Missus isn't happy, I used to give here all the FPPs I made in the form of shopping vouchers to her.  She has now assumed these were hers by right and not presents, there she is annoyed she hasn't had a free pair of shoes in a couple of months).
    Posted by TommyD
    Just try entering more competitions and you'll give her a steady supply of Sky Poker caps and if she's really lucky a polo shirt.