You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

rebuys, are they getting a lil out of control??

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
Please take a look, post your comments and take a vote :)

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Add One!!!!! Don't Replace One Innit!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited June 2010
    well everything seems to have been turned into a rebuy....

the freerolls into tourneys were great, now with these rebuys you can play well an go out to someone you outplayed previously but they rebuyed.

i was playing the freerolls to try an fix my bad running, now because i hate rebuys, i can't even do that now.

i agree have a rebuy tourney but put them in their own place and don't replace tourneys with it.

i'e yeh have a freeroll rebuy but also have the odd freeroll into tourneys.... altho freerolls are free just saying for variety.

now with the 100 guarantee at 8:15 was a very sought after tourney with a min of 30 runners usually.... tonight is a rebuy.

maybe a mistake but if you are to have rebuys then add them to the list don't replace tourneys with them.
  • edited June 2010
    I had a count up and of the 75 tournaments under the "Holdem ALL" section there are only 15 listed that are now standard games.  The rest are either rebuys, bounty hunters or satellites.  Now I actually like rebuys and bounty hunters but I do think that this is overkill.

I HOPE the fact that there have been fewer players on the site lately is down to the World Cup and its not been caused by a lot of people leaving the site because of the changes to the schedules.  I guess only time will tell but I would hate to see this site die because players got disgruntled with the changes.
  • edited June 2010
    the satelite tourneys and the bhs are pretty essential.

i mean bh's are great if you can take 2/3 heads you are playing for free basically and the satelites are great to turn a small amount into a decent tourney entry.

the rebuys are a niche market, a lot won't play them because people go crazy because of the option of rebuying meaning that variance is massively higher.

so yeh give rebuys out, but only 1/2 maybe every 2 hours maybe ?
  • edited June 2010
    Yes, but supply and demand will determine the tournament schedule.

Enter the tournaments you like, don't enter the tournaments you don't like. If hardly anybody plays the rebuys they will slowly ebb away.

I think re-buys attract so many entrants because at the start it looks like there will be big overlay, however as the tournament progresses the re-buys and add-ons nearly always bring the total spend of the players to at least the guarantee.
  • edited June 2010
    I do not agree with what my next phrase is but,what an ingenious idea by someone at SKY POKER to make the freerolls rebuys as it means 100 re buys and sky dont pay out a single penny.So maybe thay should at least remove the title of FREEROLL and change it to PLAYERS WILL PROB PAY FOR THIS TOURNY.Well thats my opinion anyway.Gl all dav
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: rebuys, are they getting a lil out of control??:
    Posted by POKERTREV
    totally agree,put as many rebuys on as you like,but dont take regular games away i.e the velocity tourny's..........we were told they would not replace current games but they have.......any word on the situation regarding the charging of a rake on the rebuy yet?
  • edited June 2010
    i agree dont take velocity away love this tourney
  • edited June 2010

I know I'm only a novice, but these freeroll rebuys are a flaming nightmare. As the 'away' players start to drop out there are  30 second breaks almost every hand where they're never going to rebuy because they aren't there, but the blinds are still going up every 3 mins.

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: rebuys, are they getting a lil out of control??:
    Posted by POKERTREV

Agree with you there m8 why replace when all you need to do is add a rebuy tourney to the lobby list at least people would then have the choice of which one they want to play