You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Pathetic or what?

In Response to Pathetic or what?:
No not England - you chip on your shoulder scots are even worse lol. Whilst i agree that England have put in the worst team performances except Greece, and i agree that they should hold their heads in shame at their lack of pride, i think the scots contigent that have ridiculed England need to get things into perspective! Where are you lot in any 'meaningful world championship' The only thing you lot would win is the world deep fried mars bar eating championship, or the 'biggest chip on their shoulder' championship lol. Now i'm not tarring all you jocks north of the border with the same brush, just 99% of you lol. Anyway, maybe you will make an impact one day in a recognised sport, i doubt it but you might, but until then - keep eating those sour grapes and deep fried mars bars and see you all in the next International European championships, oops sorry, i won't because the only scotsman that will be their will be a ref lol! PS Celtic and Rangers trying to get into the English league lol, they wouldn't even make it in the conference or blue square league cos they are rubbish!! haha
Posted by loonytoons
Aye, it's us that're eating the sour grapes. Whatever.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    No not England - you chip on your shoulder scots ( you know who you are ) are even worse lol. Whilst i agree that England have put in the worst team performances except Greece, and i agree that they should hold their heads in shame at their lack of pride, i think the scots contigent that have ridiculed England need to get things into perspective! Where are you lot in any 'meaningful world championship' The only thing you lot would win is the world deep fried mars bar eating championship, or the 'biggest chip on their shoulder' championship lol. Now i'm not tarring all you jocks north of the border with the same brush, just 99%(edit make that 98%) of you lol. Anyway, maybe you will make an impact one day in a recognised sport, i doubt it but you might, but until then - keep eating those sour grapes and deep fried mars bars and see you all in the next International European championships, oops sorry, i won't because the only scotsman that will be their will be a ref lol!
    PS Celtic and Rangers trying to get into the English league lol, they wouldn't even make it in the conference or blue square league cos they are rubbish!! haha
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Pathetic or what?:
    In Response to Pathetic or what? : Aye, it's us that're eating the sour grapes. Whatever.
    Posted by bandini
    I'm not really that keen on football, i'm more of a rugby fan (we won that world cup as well you know lol) but its a bit rich (and too easy) to criticise others when your not even involved and your own 'talents' are inferior!!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Pathetic or what? : I'm not really that keen on football, i'm more of a rugby fan (we won that world cup as well you know lol) but its a bit rich (and too easy) to criticise others when your not even involved and your own 'talents' are inferior!!
    Posted by loonytoons
    The sad part is that the only you can justify your own team is by comparing it to Scotland, it's sooooooo funny.

The reason we find it so hilarious that you lost is because of "we'll win the world cup easy" "Germany are overrated, we'll destroy them" "the spirit of 66" It's so deluded believing England are up there with the best when really they couldn't manage to beat the yanks and couldn't even score against Algeria, a team who are below Israel in the world rankings!!

We're bringing you back to earth and god are we enjoying it!

p.s the player who marked Shrek Looney out of the game during the Algeria match was Madjid Bougherra who plays for, you guessed it, Rangers. Can't be that rubbish if your greatest talent couldn't get past him......
  • edited June 2010
    LOL loonytoons......never had you down as a bitter person.

Us Scots do not have a chip on our shoulders.....I would prefer to call it a sense of humour.

We have never EVER told anyone that we are any good at football (maybe except in 1978)
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Pathetic or what? : The sad part is that the only you can justify your own team is by comparing it to Scotland, it's sooooooo funny.   The reason we find it so hilarious that you lost is because of "we'll win the world cup easy" "Germany are overrated, we'll destroy them" "the spirit of 66" It's so deluded believing England are up there with the best when really they couldn't manage to beat the yanks and couldn't even score against Algeria, a team who are below Israel in the world rankings!! We're bringing you back to earth and god are we enjoying it! p.s the player who marked Shrek Looney out of the game during the Algeria match was Madjid Bougherra who plays for, you guessed it, Rangers. Can't be that rubbish if your greatest talent couldn't get past him......
    Posted by kirstii
    ha ha just looked at FIFA world rankings and you lot are 1 place behind Gabon lool. And Algeria and Israel and just about everyone else is above you lol
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Pathetic or what? : ha ha just looked at FIFA world rankings and you lot are 1 place behind Gabon lool
    Posted by loonytoons
    and after that performance you may well take our place
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Pathetic or what? : I'm not really that keen on football, i'm more of a rugby fan (we won that world cup as well you know lol) but its a bit rich (and too easy) to criticise others when your not even involved and your own 'talents' are inferior!!
    Posted by loonytoons

I've started loads of threads wishing you all the best. I thought you had a good chance this time.

I'd imagine your own press will do all the critisizing needed. And rightly though. You were terrible.

Of course we're inferior. We've a 10th of the population. The only time we pretend otherwise is in humour. Except for Wimbledon, obviously.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Pathetic or what?: Yes you can put me in that 99% - Deutschland Deutschland uber alles uber alles in der welt - Congrats Germany from everyone in Scotland
    No not England - you chip on your shoulder scots ( you know who you are ) are even worse lol. Whilst i agree that England have put in the worst team performances except Greece, and i agree that they should hold their heads in shame at their lack of pride, i think the scots contigent that have ridiculed England need to get things into perspective! Where are you lot in any 'meaningful world championship' The only thing you lot would win is the world deep fried mars bar eating championship, or the 'biggest chip on their shoulder' championship lol. Now i'm not tarring all you jocks north of the border with the same brush, just 99% of you lol. Anyway, maybe you will make an impact one day in a recognised sport, i doubt it but you might, but until then - keep eating those sour grapes and deep fried mars bars and see you all in the next International European championships, oops sorry, i won't because the only scotsman that will be their will be a ref lol! PS Celtic and Rangers trying to get into the English league lol, they wouldn't even make it in the conference or blue square league cos they are rubbish!! haha
    Posted by loonytoons
  • edited June 2010
    looking forward to sitting through andy murry's next press confrence, i must say!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Pathetic or what? : Yes you can put me in that 99% - Deutschland Deutschland uber alles uber alles in der welt - Congrats Germany from everyone in Scotland
    Posted by Kenny_C
    lol

• edited June 2010
    Vorsprung Durch Technik.............

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/399450.html

Check the link for its meaning and you will proper p*** yourself laughing.
  • edited June 2010
    The only thing which disappointed me about the game was the lack of shots of the England fans after each German goal.  Granted I would normally be happier looking at the girls of the opposing team (who you'll notice are always so much hotter than their English counterparts) but on this occasion I would sacrafice this pleasure for more glimpses of those disappointed looks on the English fans ugly mugs.
  • edited June 2010
    The only thing which disappointed me about the game was the lack of shots of the England fans after each German goal.  Granted I would normally be happier looking at the girls of the opposing team (who you'll notice are always so much hotter than their English counterparts) but on this occasion I would sacrafice this pleasure for more glimpses of those disappointed looks on the English fans ugly mugs.
    Posted by Kenny_C
    lol

I was actually going to sympathize with them until this thread started. Now it's total and utter schadenfreude. Which is a German word. Fantastically aptly.

They looked pretty cool with the St George armour on though. In a fair life Alan Shearer would have been wearing it too. His coupon was compensation enough for the lack of shots of the fans. And Alan "Irish" Lawrenson's whining was a joy to behold. Aye, you didn't get a "goal", just like them in '66, but you could have been beaten into double figures there and they're not even that good.

You practically begged for this loonytoons.
  • edited June 2010
    As it goes i am an Englishman who supports every UK team who plays football unless its against us. When Scottish supporters dont want us to win i dont understand it.

One reason they give is that as England supporters we arrogantly expect to win games or tournaments. Scots have a dream of winning and really think they have a chance every time even though they are bound to get wacked. Does that make them more arrogant or self deluded than us ??? No, they are just supporting their team and willing them on to win so why cant the English?

Argies would have blown us away had we beaten the Germans anyway but it is inexplicable how our players that are brilliant most of the time in the premiership played that rubbish.

We had player for player easily as good a team as anyone else in the tourni and we had a brilliant manager and we cruised through qualification and we beat Mexico and Japan in our friendlys thats why we thought we had a chance.....pity our players didnt have the same mindset. They bottled it.

You Jocks would have thought you were going to win if you had our team and you would have been laughing your heads off at us for not qualifying so dont be hypocrites.
  • edited June 2010
    your well named "loony" Us Scots know were krap at footy, trouble is you guys think you are world beaters, and every time you get to either the world cup or euro finals you are already guessing who your gonna meet in the quarters then the semis and who you will "probaly" meet in the finals. You have a bunch of multi millionaires who have no passion for their national team. You would have been better off playing a team fron the conference who would have given a lot more.  We have had 1966 rammed down our throats for over 40 years and looks like we are gonna have to suffer this for at least another 40 years, going by your latest effort to win this again, although FIFA might help you if you get to host it in 2018, even then I doubt it.

I dont see the problem in us Scots using our greatest weapon to goad our neighbours "OUR SENSE OF HUMOUR" Living up here, we certainly need one and is part of our survival make up. So give it a rest LOONY and let us get behind ANDY at wimbledon and give you a "BRITISH" winner LOL
  • edited June 2010
    You're a top bloke Loony but totally disagree withyou on this one, England were probably the worst team in the competition, performance wise and compounded by ten when you think of the talent we apparently had.Everyone should berate the team as they were completely woeful and i don't blame the Scottish contingent on this site one bit for having their say with all the hype that surrounded England.
    Lets be honest mate, if we playey Scotland tomorrow they would probably give us a spanking although they might feel a little charity in their hearts and give us back our goalposts.

• edited June 2010
    Ok peeps, maybe i was a bit harsh yesterday with this thread, i know we were cr ap, but the threads from the northern neighbours wound me up! I really hope that Great Britain player Andy Murray does well at Wimbledon, even if he does have the most annoying mother ever! I have also edited my opening thread as upon reflection i may have been a bit harsh!!
  • edited June 2010
    Loonytoons, us Scots are well balanced, we have a chip on each shoulder.

It was all Don Fabio's fault, he couldn't decide his best formation,

What's a da best tactics, 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 4-3-1-2, 4-5-1, I'a dunno?

Too late, Germany have decided for you, it's 7-4-7, winging back home.

ps, Divert it to Glasgow and the team will get a hero's welcome, lol.
  • edited June 2010
    I,m not having a go, but I do feel a bit sorry for the scots.

At least we have a chance at major tournaments. A scottish person knows deep down they will never have a team in their lifetime to win a major tournament.

like i said "I,m not havin a go", but its just down to the countrys size of population and their league ( to many average foreigners in the 2 big teams)
  • edited June 2010

OXO are introducing a new white oxo cube with a red cross on it to support the england team >>>>> It will be called the laughing STOCK.

David Blaine is gutted because his record for doing f
    **k all in a box for 42 days has been broken...... by Wayne Rooney

England have just announced flood warning alerts as 5 million Scots p*sh themselves laughing
  • edited June 2010
    I,m not having a go, but I do feel a bit sorry for the scots. At least we have a chance at major tournaments. A scottish person knows deep down they will never have a team in their lifetime to win a major tournament. like i said "I,m not havin a go", but its just down to the countrys size of population and their league ( to many average foreigners in the 2 big teams)
    Posted by MP33
    I agree, Scotland only has a population of just over 5,000,000, Gabon who are above them in the FIFA world rankings have a population of only 1,500,000 many of whom are pygmies (ok i know Scotland have the Krankies lol)
  • edited June 2010
    I,m not having a go, but I do feel a bit sorry for the scots. At least we have a chance at major tournaments. A scottish person knows deep down they will never have a team in their lifetime to win a major tournament. like i said "I,m not havin a go", but its just down to the countrys size of population and their league ( to many average foreigners in the 2 big teams)
    Posted by MP33
    Yes, we Scots know we won't win a major tourney, You've not realised you won't either
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Pathetic or what? : Yes, we Scots know we won't win a major tourney, You've not realised you won't either
    Posted by Red_King
    lol
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Pathetic or what? : Yes, we Scots know we won't win a major tourney, You've not realised you won't either
    Posted by Red_King
    wehey - a bit of honesty. You,ll do well to even qualify for one
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Pathetic or what? : wehey - a bit of honesty. You,ll do well to even qualify for one
    Posted by MP33
    You need to accept that England are mince and move on mate..........
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Pathetic or what? : wehey - a bit of honesty. You,ll do well to even qualify for one
    Posted by MP33
    When we do, we'll send you a postcard from the carnival in Brazil 2014.

By the way, It was MILES over the line, even a Russian linesman would've seen that.

ps: SkyBet have England at '66-1 for 2014, how many suckers will go for that one?
  • edited June 2010
    as an Englishman, i feel sorry for the Scots, (this isn't a patronising dig btw) alot of my childhood heroes were Scottish, King Kenny, Hansen, Steve Nicol...they used to be quite good too!

Theres no reason why Scotland can't be a force in international football again, size is no excuse.

The truth is that grass roots football in Scotland is in an even worse state than Englands, it's been well documented for years now, i don't think any Scot can disagree with that..so theres no need to bite when they try to wind us up...it's just a bit of banter!
  • edited July 2010
    We are not too bothered about getting to World Cups - we always find a team to support here are some of the teams I have adopted:

1998 - Argentina
    2002 - Brazil
    2006 - Portugal
    2010 - Germany
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Pathetic or what? : When we do, we'll send you a postcard from the carnival in Brazil 2014. By the way, It was MILES over the line, even a Russian linesman would've seen that. ps: SkyBet have England at '66-1 for 2014, how many suckers will go for that one?
    Posted by Red_King
    This is funny mate - we like to laugh at ourselves as well as England lol