You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

CAN YOU EVER GET OFF QUADS IN NLH

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
serious question can you ever get off quads in nlh ?? personally i would say no ud b stupid to throw away such a strong hand but are there people out there who have got off quads im asking this because i have lost on a number of times with quads and its starting to hurt!!! not just any old quads quad aces!! PUKE !! i have also been over quaded before flopped quad 6,s into a full house  flop 668 the turn then brings an 8 u can see where the money went from there lol just wanted to know ppls thoughts on the matter thanks very much 2Darc

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Might be able to get off if the board was sick like

I have KK

Board is Ks Qs Ts Kc Js

and villain ships in 400bb.

otherwise no
  • edited June 2010
    You can get off quads if they are all community cards and you have a poor "kicker". Apart from that, you shouldn't - it's not +EV.
  • edited June 2010
  • edited June 2010
    this is a question for the sky poker team really... when will u start sponsoring your players to play the site like other competitors do i also believe this could create revenue 4 the site having pros play the site always draws in attention and as u have ppl playin in vegas they should b proud players of sky poker on a sponsorship deal wearing your logo i personally believe you should do something like black belt poker where u can actually make ur way 2 becoming a pro and sealing a sponsorship deal worth thousands a month...... does sky poker have these type of plans for the near future???!!! thanks alot 2Darc
  • edited June 2010
    lol i dont get quads often ( about once a year ) so foldem not a chance and 2 my knowledge ive not lost with them either
  • edited June 2010
    NO - You can't, other than in circumstances described above
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to WHEN WILL SKY START SPONSORSHIP DEALS 4 THERE BETTER PLAYERS:
    this is a question for the sky poker team really... when will u start sponsoring your players to play the site like other competitors do i also believe this could create revenue 4 the site having pros play the site always draws in attention and as u have ppl playin in vegas they should b proud players of sky poker on a sponsorship deal wearing your logo i personally believe you should do something like black belt poker where u can actually make ur way 2 becoming a pro and sealing a sponsorship deal worth thousands a month...... does sky poker have these type of plans for the near future???!!! thanks alot 2Darc
    Posted by 2darc

i floped quad aces on a board of Ad Ac Jd

he was holdin Qd Kd

of corse the river bought the 10d  i just found it pretty sikining specially in a live game where evry1s reactions were ther 2 c horrible situation
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to WHEN WILL SKY START SPONSORSHIP DEALS 4 THERE BETTER PLAYERS:
    Posted by 2darc
    You should probably start a new thread in Community suggestions for this specific comment as it's a diff subject to your original post.

From what i can tell though from Sky's business model they are not aiming for that end of the market. Everything about the site is geared to attract New players to the game in conjuction with the TV channel. It's uncomplicated, tracking software can't be used, there are no pro's there fore new players like to start here
  • edited June 2010
    Virtually never.

The only situation I can think of is in a satellite tournament. Lets say there are 20 seats awarded and there are 21 runners remaining, you have a large stack and are very safe in 2nd place, you find yourself contesting a pot with the chip leader (something you shouldn't be doing anyway) and you hit quads on the river, he raises you all-in with the possibility that he's made a straight flush, obviously you should fold.
  • edited June 2010
    Whats Quads?? lol
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: CAN YOU EVER GET OFF QUADS IN NLH:
    Virtually never. The only situation I can think of is in a satellite tournament. Lets say there are 20 seats awarded and there are 21 runners remaining, you have a large stack and are very safe in 2nd place, you find yourself contesting a pot with the chip leader (something you shouldn't be doing anyway) and you hit quads on the river, he raises you all-in with the possibility that he's made a straight flush, obviously you should fold.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    good point.del
  • edited June 2010