You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

this thread is now finished thanks all

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
Definately would be a good idea to give those who can't afford the buyin a chance to enter.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    this just in

Sky Bernie is a Top Man just got this :-

Hi DT,

There is one in the lobby at 7.15 tonight.

Kind regards,

Bernie

This truely is a Great Community Many Thanks to all who Supported this thread to make it happen see you at the table tonite & gl to all

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
       From Sky Bernie    In response  to your requests, I will put satellites in the lobby on Mondays at the following times; 11.10, 12.10, 13.10, 14.10, and 15.10. Cost £4.80 with 1 in 5 winning a seat.

I will review them in a few weeks time and retain some or all of them if there is sufficient support for them to be played.

- ----- - ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok i for 1 would like a sat for this on a Sunday / Monday as  my bankroll at present won't let me buy in for £22
    so people i'm sure that if enough interest is shown that Sky Poker will give us a satelite for this great tourney

so over to you guys/girls

Michael
  • edited June 2010
    Defo a +1 from me.
  • edited June 2010

They did run satellites for the Monday Night Deepies - or made them available - but none of them started, as nobody entered them, so they withdrew them.
  • edited June 2010
    YES
    YES
    YES
    YES

Sorry, did I say YES????

What I meant was .....

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

x
  • edited June 2010
    I would love anything that gets more runners into it!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Please Post Here if you want SATELITE for the Monday Night D/S:
    Posted by phil12uk
    Yes, agreed. But Satellites were available, & nobody plyeed them!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Please Post Here if you want SATELITE for the Monday Night D/S:
    In Response to Re: Please Post Here if you want SATELITE for the Monday Night D/S : Yes, agreed. But Satellites were available, & nobody plyeed them!
    Posted by Tikay10
    I was wondering if Sky would try satelites to this tourney again now that SkyPoker has grown much more.
    Please? xxxx
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Please Post Here if you want SATELITE for the Monday Night D/S : I was wondering if Sky would try satelites to this tourney again now that SkyPoker has grown much more. Please? xxxx
    Posted by candi

Agree with  you Candi i reckon there's more  people showing an interest in playing deepstacks but for some £22 buy-in is a bit steep so maybe sky poker would give us another chance to show that we can get the numbers to play the sats

• edited June 2010
    a 5.5 sat would be perfect, and i would play it, but make it on a sunday at say 10pm ish.

its a cheap way to get in, 1 in 4 qualify... simples

• edited June 2010
    a 5.5 sat would be perfect, and i would play it, but make it on a sunday at say 10pm ish. its a cheap way to get in, 1 in 4 qualify... simples
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    People who flop as as good as you should be barred imo...oh and maybe the WELSH ;o)

xxx
  • edited June 2010

I would like to see sats for all the bigger B/I tournaments and a little bit of tweaking would not go amiss. I.E.....run them at a time that they might fill up like a regular 10pm ish spot for the next NIGHTS tournament.

I would love to try and sat into one to take on the regulars in them as buying in direct is out of mine, and a lot of others, BR.

• edited June 2010
    Yeh i agree with everyone on this im starting to play more deepstacks but this is out of my br i would like to see some sats in to the bigger tourneys im sure they would fill up nicely :)
  • edited June 2010
    True ....

BUT (not that you DON'T you understand...)

You get too many donkfishes join like beaneh or gregpoppers

How to get around this is a QUESTION for poker clinic me thinks!!!

AREA 51....

(anyone...ffs???)

x
  • edited June 2010
    a 5.5 sat would be perfect, and i would play it, but make it on a sunday at say 10pm ish. its a cheap way to get in, 1 in 4 qualify... simples
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Totally agree.come on sky lets have a sunday night sat please.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Please Post Here if you want SATELITE for the Monday Night D/S : I was wondering if Sky would try satelites to this tourney again now that SkyPoker has grown much more. Please? xxxx
    Posted by candi
    The satelites for the tournament was on 2 or 3 weeks ago it hasnt grown that much since.  Its ok typing your name here in support of the satelites but when they are on people really need to join them else they will just get removed.

Lots of people asked for satelites to the dan deepstack btu again they hardly ever get enoguh runners to run.

Id like to see staelites for the £22 deepy, but they aint something id look to be playing in every week so dont feel i can throw my support to this thread
  • edited June 2010
    may be they could do a rebuy on the satelites lol now we are asured to get the satelites we want for this tourny as every other tourny has become a rebuy
  • edited June 2010
    its all about timing people need to know they,re running sats into this,personally i,ve not seen any sats for the £22 deepie but they were there just that i missed them.perhaps they could run 1 or 2 sats for this but pin them to the shaded section for a day or two so everyone knows they are there,just my thoughts,i,ll play em if i saw em
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Please Post Here if you want SATELITE for the Monday Night D/S:
         Ok i for 1 would like a sat for this on a Sunday / Monday as  my bankroll at present won't let me buy in for £22 so people i'm sure that if enough interest is shown that Sky Poker will give us a satelite for this great tourney   so over to you guys/girls   Michael
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    here here dtw great idea and i think it would take of aswell n1 m8ty
  • edited June 2010
    its all about timing people need to know they,re running sats into this,personally i,ve not seen any sats for the £22 deepie but they were there just that i missed them.perhaps they could run 1 or 2 sats for this but pin them to the shaded section for a day or two so everyone knows they are there,just my thoughts,i,ll play em if i saw em
    Posted by stokefc
    Agree with you totally stokey mate i have said in the past i will play them,but if i am not aware of one starting then obviously like you i cant play it.Advanced knowledge like in the shaded section would be a great idea.dav
  • edited June 2010
    I would like to see sats for all the bigger B/I tournaments and a little bit of tweaking would not go amiss. I.E.....run them at a time that they might fill up like a regular 10pm ish spot for the next NIGHTS tournament. I would love to try and sat into one to take on the regulars in them as buying in direct is out of mine, and a lot of others, BR.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    +1
  • edited June 2010

what i think we need is varying price sats so all players at different levels of play all have a chance to get in to these tourny's. 5.50 is ok for most people and i would defo give it a go but new players just learning might not join us unless lower sats were them to get in like say 2.20 or 3.30.
    and after all sky you want these tourny's to fill up so give the players the chance to fill them up and stop just catering for big BR players

• edited June 2010
    yes i do.sats that is.
  • edited June 2010
    I would like to see sats for all the bigger B/I tournaments and a little bit of tweaking would not go amiss. I.E.....run them at a time that they might fill up like a regular 10pm ish spot for the next NIGHTS tournament. I would love to try and sat into one to take on the regulars in them as buying in direct is out of mine, and a lot of others, BR.
    Posted by MAXALLY

+1 Alan reckon also if the sats were priced like SilverBack suggested £2-20 (like the monday Take on Tikay) or £3-30  (like the offordable)  they would soon fill up m8 just look at the number of runners ToT gets on a monday a lot more people playing deepstack again like this time last year

Michael
  • edited June 2010
    Posted by phil12uk

Hiya Phil after 1 day 16 have shown interest  we'll see how it goes for rest of week   michael
  • edited June 2010
    Glk Michael, great  Idea . 
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Please Post Here if you want SATELITE for the Monday Night D/S : The satelites for the tournament was on 2 or 3 weeks ago it hasnt grown that much since.  Its ok typing your name here in support of the satelites but when they are on people really need to join them else they will just get removed. Lots of people asked for satelites to the dan deepstack btu again they hardly ever get enoguh runners to run. Id like to see staelites for the £22 deepy, but they aint something id look to be playing in every week so dont feel i can throw my support to this thread
    Posted by 35suited
    Hi 35,
    As it goes I didnt see these satelite tournies that you say in your post  were here 2 -3 weeks ago. Could this be that they were at a time and a day when I`m not home?

I am not merely just showing my support for the satelites by posting. I, LIKE other players cannot afford to pay £22 into the deepie and I, LIKE other players need these satelites to be on DAYS and TIMES that suit the majority of players who are interested in the tourney.
  • edited June 2010
    why not delay the start time if not enough players are entered like in the sng section? so if its 1 in 10 at £2.40 and their are 7 entrants, delay it until their are 10.
  • edited June 2010
    what i think we need is varying price sats so all players at different levels of play all have a chance to get in to these tourny's. 5.50 is ok for most people and i would defo give it a go but new players just learning might not join us unless lower sats were them to get in like say 2.20 or 3.30. and after all sky you want these tourny's to fill up so give the players the chance to fill them up and stop just catering for big BR players
    Posted by silver8ack
    ?
  • edited June 2010
    soz tikay
    have i said some thing wrong?
    i know u said there was sats and nobody joined  in for the £22 deeppie at least thats what i think thats what  we are all on about!
    please correct me if i am wrong
  • edited June 2010
    soz tikay have i said some thing wrong? i know u said there was sats and nobody joined  in for the £22 deeppie at least thats what i think thats what  we are all on about! please correct me if i am wrong
    Posted by silver8ack
    ohhh silver naughty corner for YOU lol :P