You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

295 tournament all-ins, does it mean anything??

2»

Comments

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: 295 tournament all-ins, does it mean anything??:
    In Response to 295 tournament all-ins, does it mean anything?? : hello BURNShurtz You have a mix of statistics which is masking the issue.  To see the picture take a more simple view of your figures.  There are two key conclusions. Firstly, of the 295 all-in hands you won 108 and lost 187.  This is about right knowing that you will be playing against at least one opponent. Secondly, your assessment of being ahead or behind at each stage before the river is determined by a flawed method.  Certainty is assured on the river of course.  Prior to the river, your assessment, is where the error and distortion lie.  Those figures are nonsensical. Specifically, you say that you were all-in pre flop 183 times yet ahead pre-flop 276 times.  I guess that the "behind" figures were calculated after all other totals were produced in which case they carry the error. I see that your data relates only to the hands where your opponent(s) doesn't fold. There are too few all-ins for 258 tournaments.  If on, say, 500 other occasions you went all-in without seeing all five cards, the ratio of wins to losses would be approximately 3:1.     Everything is normal and understandable.  Best regards, Rob  
    Posted by aussie09
    hello thanks for the post, i think i did not present the info in as well a manner as i should of as alot of confusion has come from the numbers so i will try and explain.
    all these hands where played to the finish so it was easy to find out if i was ahead or behind i just had to look through the details of each hand.
    The ( behind) numbers are the difference between each betting round where my oop is now leading the hand, i should of explained that better in the post as i think this is where the most confusion comes from.I maybe should of left those numbers out.
    i only won 41 hands out of the 295.
    on the first page of this thread i have posted my hole cards for the hands, i think you'd except that if i actually posted all 295 hands then most people would of got bored by the 5 hand.
    thanks again for the post, i have noticed that unless you are a forum regular alot of people don't want to help or just write pointless things down.
  • edited July 2010
    hi,

do you mean that you have gone all in 295 times, out of position, with the range of hole cards listed above and that you have won 41 times?  this is 1 in 7.  if so, i think that you may be over eager and you might be accelerating the betting too rapidly.

regards
    rob
  • edited July 2010

add the figures for all-ins where you don't see the five community cards.  you might find that your approach produces 1,000 winning plays.  in which case, fab.

i think you've been analysing too narrow a set of figures.

• edited July 2010
    hi, do you mean that you have gone all in 295 times, out of position, with the range of hole cards listed above and that you have won 41 times?  this is 1 in 7.  if so, i think that you may be over eager and you might be accelerating the betting too rapidly. regards rob
    Posted by aussie09
    yes that's right, 41 wins, i haven't covered what positions they all were tho.
    the highlighted section is interesting because a few people think that im probably not going all-in enough and may be waiting to long for good hands. Then when i get the hands a big stack a can easily call me light.
    thanks again
  • edited July 2010
    add the figures for all-ins where you don't see the five community cards.  you might find that your approach produces 1,000 winning plays.  in which case, fab. i think you've been analysing too narrow a set of figures.
    Posted by aussie09
    there are no others, 295 is my total number of all-ins which all played through.
    no one folded to my raises.
  • edited July 2010

so you've never gone all-in and seen an opponent fold?

• edited July 2010
    so you've never gone all-in and seen an opponent fold?
    Posted by aussie09
    no. i try not to go all-in to often as thats how you go out. i dont just sit there waiting all day however i still play and get people to fold but not by going all in. it scares me.
    maybe its the size games i play?