You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

why are10s the least seen community cards

edited July 2010 in Area 51
I concur, there are definitely less tens than any other card.  However, after independent tests I have also found out that most online poker sites seems to have six Aces and at least five Jacks per deck.  It's just not on.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    All cards in on line poker are supposed to be random generated,however i have conducted numerous test on a number of sites including Sky an found that 10s are nearly always the least seen when community cards are revealed.
    I do understand that at times all 5 cards don,t fall so I can only record 3 or 4 sometimes
    I would like others to test this theory over say an hour using the five bar gate method
    to see what their results are.
    others can watch when they play , overall a 10 should fall at least once every 3 hands ie once per13/15 community cards but rarely do.
    I am now beginning to get obsessed by this and need reasurance as I tend to not bet if I require a 10 anymore
  • edited June 2010
    pa ra noid sorry im wasted but thats the only thing i can think of
  • edited June 2010
    Tosca

You have hit on something here.

I decided to count tens in the community over 20 hands. A ten only came on five lots of community cards and each time I had chucked a ten pre flop.  

how scary is that !!!!!

LOL
  • edited June 2010
    It's a well known problem in online poker.
    The tens taste of cheese and the mice eat them.
  • edited June 2010

is it because each 10 takes up two characters on the keyboard and all others take just one?  maybe people get sick of unnecessary keystrokes and asked that 10s are not dealt as often to compensate.

• edited June 2010
    waaaaaaaaay tooooo much time has been put into this!!!
  • edited June 2010

I agree with Tosca's theory, I got dealt pocket 10's in the primo tonight and didn't make trips or quads and lost  to KJ... how suspicious is that ;-)
  • edited June 2010
    Rather than conducting your own tests, I think you should book an appointment and  have a fully qualified medical professional to conduct some tests on you.
  • edited June 2010
    What is the the five bar gate method? I can't find it in my copy of the Kama Sutra!
    .....and can it really make you last an hour?
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: why are10s the least seen community cards:
    Rather than conducting your own tests, I think you should book an appointment and  have a fully qualified medical professional to conduct some tests on you.
    Posted by scotty77
    lool what a strange post, in my opinion i see 10s as much as aces on here! maybe its just me
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: why are10s the least seen community cards : lool what a strange post, in my opinion i see 10s as much as aces on here! maybe its just me
    Posted by loza666
    Are you trying to say there are also less Aces in the deck?  Hmmm, this undermines my research.
  • edited June 2010
    Well im convinced,it is scotty that has done this.Urgent medication is totally needed.dav
  • edited June 2010
    there are not enough aces in the deck if you ask me
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: why are10s the least seen community cards : Are you trying to say there are also less Aces in the deck?  Hmmm, this undermines my research.
    Posted by Machka
    nope just someone said there are loads of aces, im just saying 10s pop up alot, but tbh i just think its what you dont particularly realise the smaller cards as you aren't looking for them as much if i make any sense lol :s
  • edited June 2010
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: why are10s the least seen community cards : nope just someone said there are loads of aces, im just saying 10s pop up alot, but tbh i just think its what you dont particularly realise the smaller cards as you aren't looking for them as much if i make any sense lol :s
    Posted by loza666
    I have conducted my own reasearch here.

I found in a deck of cards, online and offline (fair comparason)

4 Aces
    4 Kings
    4 Queens
    4 Jacks
    4 Tens
    4 Nines
    4 Eights
    4 Sevens
    4 Sixes
    4 Fives
    4 Fours
    4 Threes
    4 Twos

I also managed to note that this added to

13 Clubs
    13 Spades
    13 Diamonds
    13 Hearts

I found this an astonnishing discovery as i always thought there where more 2's in the deck.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: why are10s the least seen community cards : I have conducted my own reasearch here. I found in a deck of cards, online and offline (fair comparason) 4 Aces 4 Kings 4 Queens 4 Jacks 4 Tens 4 Nines 4 Eights 4 Sevens 4 Sixes 4 Fives 4 Fours 4 Threes 4 Twos I also managed to note that this added to 13 Clubs 13 Spades 13 Diamonds 13 Hearts I found this an astonnishing discovery as i always thought there where more 2's in the deck.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Finally, I think we're getting somewhere with all this.

If we could just find a way of randomly selecting these cards without the need for a real human dealer we could actually develop the game for the Commodore 64.....or the Amiga 1200. Either way I predict vast fortunes ahead.
  • edited June 2010
    I too am curious about the five bar gate method.

It sounds like it is almost as much fun as playing poker. And probably just as profitable the way I have been playing the last few nights.

Please tell us more, I suspect there may be a business opportunity here for it to be marketed as either a cure for insomnia or therapy for the insane.

• edited June 2010
    I thought the five bar gate method was introduced following all that hoo hah and scandal with the leading Conservative MP found to be using the old fingers and toes method in an improper manner.
  • edited June 2010
    Last time I saw Tikay he had the ten of hearts in his top pocket. He asked me not to tell anyone but I guess he has been found out now !
  • edited June 2010
    Just in case anyone is genuinely interested in the "five bar gate" method, it is a means for tallying data.
    You put a line on a piece of paper for each time an event occurs as follows:

I
    II
    III
    IIII

For the fifth event, you put a line through the existing four lines and then repeat the process for subsequent events.

I hope that this helps.
  • edited June 2010
    I use the five bar gate method regularly.

Keeps cattle in fields and allows you to drive through at times.

Sadly is about as effective at making money as my poker is.
  • edited June 2010
    Just in case anyone is genuinely interested in the "five bar gate" method, it is a means for tallying data. You put a line on a piece of paper for each time an event occurs as follows: I II III IIII For the fifth event, you put a line through the existing four lines and then repeat the process for subsequent events. I hope that this helps.
    Posted by MereNovice
    And Dylan was hoping it had something to do with sheep !
  • edited June 2010
    It's a fiasco!

Everyone knows there is 56p to the quid and 4 royal flushes per pound of apples!!!!

x
  • edited June 2010
    Since when has anyone called it a five bar gate method?  Surely it's just a tally?

That's like calling English the straighty-curvy-dotty-crossy-line-word method.
  • edited June 2010
    Just in case anyone is genuinely interested in the "five bar gate" method, it is a means for tallying data. You put a line on a piece of paper for each time an event occurs as follows: I II III IIII For the fifth event, you put a line through the existing four lines and then repeat the process for subsequent events. I hope that this helps.
    Posted by MereNovice
    This is useless for on line, unless anyone knows how to 'do the bar' across the middle? And anyway i thought only prisoners held in dungeons used this technique?
  • edited June 2010
    I believe that the OP may be in possession of a piece of paper and a writing implement.
    I thought that all these revolutionaries had been rounded up and imprisoned but it looks as though a few got away.

It is indeed a method of tallying but it is not the only method of tallying.
    I could draw a Venn diagram to illustrate the point, if you like.
  • edited June 2010
    I believe that the OP may be in possession of a piece of paper and a writing implement. I thought that all these revolutionaries had been rounded up and imprisoned but it looks as though a few got away. It is indeed a method of tallying but it is not the only method of tallying. I could draw a Venn diagram to illustrate the point, if you like.
    Posted by MereNovice
    no need m8 i think we get the picture,well some of us do.
  • edited June 2010
    Ooh, go on Vince, a Venn diagram! how exciting!

Erm.............is that a birth control device for when you use the five bar gate method?

• edited June 2010
    i reguarly use the five bar gate method when im online