You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

re buys & add ons in £100 gtd freeroll

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
Last night I played in 1900 hrs start of £100 gtd freeroll with re buys and add ons. There was exactly 200 which meant another £100 added which I believed should have been added to the prize pool. However no extra prize money has been added and despite speaking to them on line where they said it would be added after calculation it still hasn't happened. I have been e mailing also to ask where the 'extra' £100 has gone but still no response. I am not sure they must pay some or all of the re buys and add ons. Can anyone enlightened me as I think this is not fair nor do I think it is legal?????

Comments

• edited June 2010
    was it 50p to rebuy?
  • edited June 2010
    I'm assuming here that you are talking about the £100 gtd freeroll tournament.  My understanding is that IF there were less than 200 rebuys/addons of £0.50 then Sky will only pay up to the guaranteed £100.  If there were more than 200 addons and rebuys then then prize pool would increase by any amount over the £100 guarantee. For example if there were a total of 201 addons/rebuys then the prize pool would be £100.50 (201 x £0.50).  My understanding is that this rule applies to ALL guaranteed rebuy/addon games

Hope this answers your question.
  • edited June 2010
    Yes I have just seen tonights and realised that, so in effect its not totally a freeroll becuase the re buys pay for the prize pool. Let me put another scenario then, if there is enough money in re buys etc should they return the 10 points to account because in a way some are paying twice having earned your points by paying for games in the 1st place.
    Just playing devils advocat, but food for thought.