You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£100 8:15pm deepstack - new sky business model?

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
Was going to enter this until i noticed that the winners prize fund has been deducted by £55 and a tourney entry put in its place, so instead of getting say £80, you get £25 and a tourney ticket. This is not a satellite tourney so why are sky doing this?
 In my opinion unless this is an error it is totally out of order, this is the thin end of the wedge, what next? All  NLHE freezeouts having £11 deducted from the winners prize money for entry into another tourney. This is not skys money, this is the winners money and i repeat this is not a satellite. This reminds me of the industrial revolution where rich mill owners used to pay their workers in tokens that could only be spent in the company's shop.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    In Response to £100 8:15pm deepstack - new sky business model?:
    Was going to enter this until i noticed that the winners prize fund has been deducted by £55 and a tourney entry put in its place, so instead of getting say £80, you get £25 and a tourney ticket. This is not a satellite tourney so why are sky doing this?  In my opinion unless this is an error it is totally out of order, this is the thin end of the wedge, what next? All  NLHE freezeouts having £11 deducted from the winners prize money for entry into another tourney. This is not skys money, this is the winners money and i repeat this is not a satellite. This reminds me of the industrial revolution where rich mill owners used to pay their workers in tokens that could only be spent in the company's shop.
    Posted by loonytoons
    Hi Loony.
    This was an error and has now been corrected. The prize pool is now £155.00 which includes the entry to the £55.00 one on Sunday.

Pokertrev.
  • edited June 2010
    Ha Ha they must have made a mistake and it has been changed and the tourney entry is a bonus - Well done sky Bernie lol, us poker players are a fickle lot eh?
  • edited June 2010
    ive just bin to check and its dissappeard from the lobby mayby its an oversight,its supposed to be a goodwill gesture so your right that its not right and it should,nt be deducted from the prize pool.
    lets hope the put it right,which i think they will in all honesty
    EDIT:ooopps
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: £100 8:15pm deepstack - new sky business model?:
    Ha Ha they must have made a mistake and it has been changed and the tourney entry is a bonus - Well done sky Bernie lol, us poker players are a fickle lot eh?
    Posted by loonytoons
    Yes - The Touny entry was a bonus as a gesture of goodwill from Sky Bernie for not including our 8.15 £100gtd in the lobby on sunday
  • edited June 2010
    I think your wrong looney,

its a £100 guarantee at the moment there are 12 people in so the prize prize pool should still be at £100 but the prize pool says £155 because of the free seat they are giving away

edit - im a bit late and see now you have said its changed
  • edited June 2010
    Posted by loonytoons
    Just a bit......
  • edited June 2010
    I agree with Loony and TK, American poker players are fickle although i am surprised TK agreed so quickly
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: £100 8:15pm deepstack - new sky business model? : Just a bit......
    Posted by tikay1
    Lol - I'm pretty sure this also includes you as a player Tikay lol............but then again.............Just Kidding.

Are you playing this one tonight Tikay or does duty call?
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: £100 8:15pm deepstack - new sky business model? : Lol - I'm pretty sure this also includes you as a player Tikay lol............but then again.............Just Kidding. Are you playing this one tonight Tikay or does duty call?
    Posted by POKERTREV
    I prefer to think I don't rush to judgement so quickly as some! Sky Bernie made what I thought was a nice gesture to atone for his mistake, so it was a bit sad to see some of the derogatory comments which auto-assumed something was amiss, & which appeared so quickly. As I said - or, rather - agreed - poker players are somewhat fickle, it's fair to say.

I'm not yet sure if I will play the 8.15, but if time permits, I probably will.

Good luck to you, & everyone who plays, that Bonus on top of the Winners Prize is really very good, I think.
  • edited June 2010
    Nice one Bernie-- It now say's the winner will "alspo" get entry to 55 quid tourney--lol-fair play Bernie---I'm innit !

Nice gesture!!-- thanks a big one!!
  • edited June 2010
    woops--It's gone again--lol
  • edited June 2010
    woops--It's gone again--lol
    Posted by oynutter
    its in the highlighted part at the top
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: £100 8:15pm deepstack - new sky business model? : I prefer to think I don't rush to judgement so quickly as some! Sky Bernie made what I thought was a nice gesture to atone for his mistake, so it was a bit sad to see some of the derogatory comments which auto-assumed something was amiss, & which appeared so quickly. As I said - or, rather - agreed - poker players are somewhat fickle, it's fair to say. I'm not yet sure if I will play the 8.15, but if time permits, I probably will. Good luck to you, & everyone who plays, that Bonus on top of the Winners Prize is really very good, I think.
    Posted by tikay1
    I admit that I did post to make players 'aware' of this on another thread which at the time I believed was the correct course of action. I now see that it has been added to the winners package as a bonus on top which is a very good gesture and I thank Sky Bernie for this.

If errors/oversights are not highlighted, how can they be corrected?
  • edited June 2010
    I agree Max, when Tikay gets on his plane to Vegas with his 1st class ticket, and he gets put into the economy section, is he gonna wait until he gets to Vegas before saying anything lool.
  • edited June 2010
    I will be playing the 8.00, 8.15, and 8.30 so wont be chatting at the tables, Also need to concentrate on my game as not cashed for a while !

Notice this one has got 43 runners so far, but the 8.20 which has the same £5.50 entry fee so far has none. Any idea why ? Oh its a rebuy ! That horse is dead Sky, but you keep flogging it.
  • edited June 2010
    think you right penguin, prime time poker, and at 8.15 with 5 mins before launch of tourny 5 yes 5 players!!! 
  • edited June 2010
    I agree Max, when Tikay gets on his plane to Vegas with his 1st class ticket, and he gets put into the economy section, is he gonna wait until he gets to Vegas before saying anything lool.
    Posted by loonytoons
    I like to think I'd ask the question as to whether there had been an error or accidental oversight, rather than assume wrongdoing &/or accuse anyone of deliberately misleading me.

Presumably, you missed the extremely rude Post that was made, which was then quickly removed by the author!

On with the Tourney, & good luck all, & as I've now got the work I needed to get finished all done & dusted, I will be playing this.

I'll not be able to play the DanTB on Sunday, so in the highly unlikely Event that I win tonight, (yes, I know how unlikely that is!) I'll donate the Bonus Seat in Dan's Tourney to the runner-Up.
  • edited June 2010

65 players - excellent!
  • edited June 2010

enjoy....

Bernie

• edited June 2010

enjoy.... Bernie
    Posted by Sky_Bernie
    Ty for the kind donation bernie - I think your kindness attracted a lot of extra runners - me included!!

WD you for admitting you made a mistake and set about to make it right, ty once again :)

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: £100 8:15pm deepstack - new sky business model? : I like to think I'd ask the question as to whether there had been an error or accidental oversight, rather than assume wrongdoing &/or accuse anyone of deliberately misleading me. Presumably, you missed the extremely rude Post that was made, which was then quickly removed by the author! On with the Tourney, & good luck all, & as I've now got the work I needed to get finished all done & dusted, I will be playing this. I'll not be able to play the DanTB on Sunday, so in the highly unlikely Event that I win tonight, (yes, I know how unlikely that is!) I'll donate the Bonus Seat in Dan's Tourney to the runner-Up.
    Posted by tikay1
    Offer null & void. I got busto'd. ;)
  • edited June 2010
    enjoy.... Bernie
    Posted by Sky_Bernie
    Thanks Sky Bernie.
    This gesture seems to have attracted a lot of attention and some really good players.

I know we don't give you guys enough credit sometimes and are quick to give you some stick when we feel things are amiss (me included) but we really do appreciate your efforts even though we don't show it enough.

Cheers Bernie - Your the Best!

Kind Kegards
    Pokertrev.