You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Fabio - stay or go?

Personally, i'm undecided at the moment..

Comments

• edited June 2010
    I hope they give Harry a go at least he would get them playing with a smile on their faces and fire in their bellys!
  • edited June 2010
    think its about time we had an english manager mybe the players can then understand what he wants them to do.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Fabio - stay or go?:
    I hope they give Harry a go at least he would get them playing with a smile on their faces and fire in their bellys!
    Posted by Donut64
    No way do i want harry,just keep ure habds off of him cos hes staying at spurs.dav
  • edited June 2010
  • edited June 2010
    If he's willing to learn from his mistakes (not that he did at the World Cup) and be more fluid with tactics, blood some youngsters, get rid of deadwood that's underperformed for years whilst playing people in form and not because of reputation (as he initially said would happen) and on top of that, prove he's still got the backing of the FA, fans and players...then I'd give him another chance but as you can see there's alot of "ifs" and "maybes" for that to happen! 

I'd love to see Harry do it IF he wasn't Spurs boss but as I don't want to lose him, I'd like to see Hodgson...he's done wonders at Fulham by getting the best out of players and has previous International experience so would suit the job well!
  • edited June 2010
    think its about time we had an english manager mybe the players can then understand what he wants them to do.
    Posted by silver8ack
    My sentiments exactly xxxx
  • edited June 2010
    Basically, you're saying, if he becomes someone else, then he should stay? Well, that is NOT going to happen. He cannot understand English while being interviewed & clearly the players dont understand him. He has to go ASAP. Someone like Hodgson for me!In Response to Re: Fabio - stay or go?:
    If he's willing to learn from his mistakes (not that he did at the World Cup) and be more fluid with tactics, blood some youngsters, get rid of deadwood that's underperformed for years whilst playing people in form and not because of reputation (as he initially said would happen) and on top of that, prove he's still got the backing of the FA, fans and players...then I'd give him another chance but as you can see there's alot of "ifs" and "maybes" for that to happen!  I'd love to see Harry do it IF he wasn't Spurs boss but as I don't want to lose him, I'd like to see Hodgson...he's done wonders at Fulham by getting the best out of players and has previous International experience so would suit the job well!
    Posted by Action_Dan
  • edited June 2010
    Im sure that everyone voting for him to stay are Scottish, Welsh or.. erm.. Hockey fans!! That is the only explaination, how could anyone want to witness that all over again???
  • edited June 2010
    I haven't made up my mind on this yet. There's no doubt he is a quality manager & his club record speaks for itself, BUT he has to take a proportion of the blame for the shocking performances that were witnessed in the tournament. I'm not convinced that he's wholly to blame because we've seen it all before with this group of players (or at least the vast majority of them)

What about the players though? No doubt as usual they'll get off scot free, particularly Rooney who'll be idolised at Old Trafford once August comes around. Why can't he produce the goods for his country when it really matters? I also think that if both Lampard & Gerrard are to continue being called up for the England squad then it's one or the other to play, NOT both. We can all see by now that they just don't work together.

If Capello does get the boot then I'd want the job to go to an Englishman. Personally I've always found it a bit of an embarrassment having a foreigner in charge of our national side. If we're gonna fail & play cr@p football in the process then let's at least do it under English guidance!
  • edited June 2010
    Theres no doubt in my mind that his replacement has to be English but it looks like Roy's off to Anfield, and only other manager i could suggest is Terry Venables!

I think Capellos original squad selection is a minus for him.. only half way through the tournament does he realise Heskey is a donkey and Darren Bent should have been on that plane before the likes of him, Crouchie and even Defoe.
  • edited June 2010
    Basically, you're saying, if he becomes someone else, then he should stay? Well, that is NOT going to happen. He cannot understand English while being interviewed & clearly the players dont understand him. He has to go ASAP. Someone like Hodgson for me! In Response to Re: Fabio - stay or go? :
    Posted by WAINBARBER

That's kinda my point...everything we need in our manager now is what Fabio's shown he's not and that he's not prepared to change into that! It's obvious most fans and FA don't have any faith left and reading between the lines, neither do the players so there seems little option for him but for him to go now! Saying that it all depends on whether the FA can afford/want to pay massive compensation if they get rid and if in their eyes there's someone good enough/available...
  • edited June 2010
    STAY give him until next tourny to try out some younger players,if that fails then its time to say byeee,sure it would cost millions to get rid of him now anyway.
  • edited June 2010
    He should stay until Euro 2012. The Pemier League is the problem, not Fabio. Playing for England is way down the list of priorities for our over-paid star players. Their clubs are their masters. Also we're always gonna be at a disadvantage until they get a winter break like all the other european leagues.

There's nobody better available at the moment IMO, though I'd like to see Harry Redknapp give it a go one day. Maybe Stuart Pearce and David Beckham are possibilities for the future too.
  • edited June 2010
    GO, ALONG WITH ANYONE IN THE SQUAD OVER 25 START PICKING A TEAM AND GIVE THEM 4 YEARS TO DEVELOP. THIS WONT HAPPEN BECAUSE WE ALWAYS EXPECT INSTANT ANSWERS.
    IT ALSO WONT HAPPEN WITH REDKNAPP AS HES IS USELESS AT DEVELOPING YOUGERS PLAYERS. FEEL FREE TO DISAGREE BUT PLEASE ADD ANY YOUNGER PLAYER HES BROUGHT THROUGH AT SPURS,POMPEY OR SOUTHAMPTON
  • edited July 2010

GO, although i noticed at the bookies he was only Evens to leave in 2010

He should take a leaf out of the Mexican managers book and resign, saving the FA 12 million.  Can you imagine what that money could do for youth academys and grass roots football.

As I don,t think he,ll do this use him  for the next year or so as any manager can get us through to the the Euros and then after Harry Rednapp has had a season in the Champions League (which he fully desereves) go for him then, as it will still give him nearly a year to get a squad togethor. for the finals.

I read somewhere that he would accept it if offered.

Alternatively I would like to have seen Roy Hodgson given a chance and maybe he still will as he is on a no-win situation at Liverpool in my opinion and also has experience around europe, outside Europe and Internattional  with Finland. His best quality for me is getting the best out of the players he has to work with and he might not have as good a team in 2 years (or players rather ) .

Whatever happens he must be English though.   (it will be interesting to see how much money they offer an englishman after paying through the roof for fabio and Sven)

Cappello might have been a good club manager once upon a time but the England Managers job is a unique one . I think Harry Rednapp was made for it and in time would lift the gloom from the World Cup  with a fresh new start and install some passion back into the squad,.

He would also fight for whats best for the England squad - to many foreigners in Prem league, shorter season etc

• edited July 2010
    Its just been anounced he is staying!
  • edited July 2010
    Its just been anounced he is staying!
    Posted by Donut64
    ...the day after Roy Hodgson takes the Liverpool job...funny that?!