You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

July DS League,

Hi all,
   Would like to start a new league from Monday 5th July, unlike June's this will be run over 3 tournaments a week up to Fri the 30th July.
   The games would continue to be the £5 8.15pm £100 gtd tournament on a Mon Weds and Fri (if someone wants to run one for the crapshoot tournys they are quite welcome to steal our set up!). The scoring for this one would be a little different and also if you miss 5 tournaments over the month (42% of them) you will be removed from the league.
Scoring

In this months League you will score points depending on your finishing position.
i.e. 1st place will get you one point, 2nd 2 points etc.
  Using this system the lowest points scorer over the course of the month will win the league so the more high finishes you get, the less points.

Runners
  I will quite gladly keep track for 50 players. However if we get more interest than this I will try and accomodate.

If anyone is interested please post on this thread and lets see if we can get one of the best structured tournys on here the recognition it deserves

Born

p.s

Let me know what you think of the changes

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Hiya born I like the new scoring system which should be a defo improvement. One change I would like is if we could use the £2.20 tourney's instead as this would be good for a larger majority of players bankrolls and so people will be more inclined to continue with it. But apart from that it looks good.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: July DS League,:
    Hiya born I like the new scoring system which should be a defo improvement. One change I would like is if we could use the £2.20 tourney's instead as this would be good for a larger majority of players bankrolls and so people will be more inclined to continue with it. But apart from that it looks good.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Could use the 2.20 tourny on a weds if there is enough interest. However we were getting the 5.50 up to 50 and 60 players so the interest is obv there at this level
  • edited June 2010
    Count me in, I really enjoyed the June one.

• edited June 2010
    I'm in whatever the points system BB
  • edited June 2010
    Im in sounds like a gd idea the scoring born
  • edited June 2010
    Well you can count me in whatever happens.
  • edited June 2010
    Im in sounds good one suggestion count best 10 results from the 12 tornys this way if anybody has to miss one or gets coolered in 1st hand they still have a chance
  • edited June 2010
    Add me in too please BB if there's room.  Much appreciated.  Adds a bit of spice to an already excellent torny
  • edited June 2010
    put me in this month plz bladey
  • edited June 2010
    Im in sounds good one suggestion count best 10 results from the 12 tornys this way if anybody has to miss one or gets coolered in 1st hand they still have a chance
    Posted by martoni0
    My original thought was to make it best 8 results hence miss 5 and ur out. Think thats what we ought to do. that way no onegains an advantage from missing any
  • edited June 2010

I suppose the 'king' of the deep stacks will have to defend his crown......so count me BB!!

One point on the scoring system though.....what points are you going to award for players who miss one or two or go on family holidays?.IE....if 6 players are absent out of say 50, what would you award to them 6?.

I will forward my address to you now mate and once again, BIG THANKS for running this.

Alan
  • edited June 2010
    I suppose the ' king' of the deep stacks will have to defend his crown......so count me BB!! One point on the scoring system though.....what points are you going to award for players who miss one or two or go on family holidays?.IE....if 6 players are absent out of say 50, what would you award to them 6?. I will forward my address to you now mate and once again, BIG THANKS for running this. Alan
    Posted by MAXALLY
    YOUR BARRRRRRRED
  • edited June 2010
    i do apologise for not taking part in the last one b, but will be available for julys so if its ok count me in. so maxally ur glory will be short lived lol.....
  • edited June 2010
    im in sounds good count me in ;)
  • edited June 2010
    Count me in if that's okay, sounds great fun.
  • edited June 2010
    i am really enjoying the deepstacks at the moment. would it be ok to join in?
  • edited June 2010
    count me in mate.
  • edited July 2010
    Posted by Dudeskin8

+1 good idea dude
  • edited July 2010
    Right

We only have 15 runners up to now
    anyone got any ideas or shall we postpone it a week to try and drum up more interest??
  • edited July 2010
    Right  We only have 15 runners up to now anyone got any ideas or shall we postpone it a week to try and drum up more interest??
    Posted by bornablade
    I still think making it £2.20 would be a wise move as it would be available to a much larger audience, the monday T-o-T gets almost 200 as it is a reasonable price for all. Also as it's for a league the buy-in should be irrevelent as it takes the same skill to win a £2.20 as a £5.50.
  • edited July 2010
    Great idea again bb, the extra interest this creates in 8:15 DS makes it an even better tourny to play in.
    Sorry can't join in July as I will be away a big part of the month on holiday but good luck and count me in for August if you have time to run another one!
  • edited July 2010
    I hope more people will join before Monday as I think it is a great idea

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: July DS League, : I still think making it £2.20 would be a wise move as it would be available to a much larger audience, the monday T-o-T gets almost 200 as it is a reasonable price for all. Also as it's for a league the buy-in should be irrevelent as it takes the same skill to win a £2.20 as a £5.50.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    I can join £2.20 league but £5.50 with my DS reputaion would be lunacy

x
  • edited July 2010
    Hi all
      Been having a think and have decided that its prolly be best to let reg run for another week and then start the league on the 12th July.
     Meanwhile can we get some input going on which game we'd rather base the league on. The 7.15 £2.20 one or the 8.15 £5.50 tourny. Maybe a combination of both?
    Could be we use Mon 5 quidder Wed 3 quidder and Fri 5 quidder one week then the week after reverse it so we play the mon fri 3 quidders and the wed 5 quidder. Do this over 4 weeks perhaps?
    Happy to go with the majority so can we get some ideas in please

BB
  • edited July 2010

£2-20 league for me
  • edited July 2010

£2.20 for me aswell.

• edited July 2010
    Run them in combo.

8.15 (£5.50) Deepstack Premier League
    &
    7.15 (£2.20) Deepstack Championship League

Get all the names in for people who want to participate in each or both and run it on the same spreadsheet over the same period on the same nights.

Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays over 3 weeks starting on 12th july (9 games)

All the names can go on the same spreadsheet with leagues results for both.

I will help keep it updated once all the names are in. 
  • edited July 2010
    Run them in combo. 8.15 (£5.50) Deepstack Premier League & 7.15 (£2.20) Deepstack Championship League Get all the names in for people who want to participate in each or both and run it on the same spreadsheet over the same period on the same nights. Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays over 3 weeks starting on 12th july (9 games) All the names can go on the same spreadsheet with leagues results for both. I will help keep it updated once all the names are in. 
    Posted by POKERTREV
    This sounds very good, great idea mate. ;)
  • edited July 2010
    Run them in combo. 8.15 (£5.50) Deepstack Premier League & 7.15 (£2.20) Deepstack Championship League Get all the names in for people who want to participate in each or both and run it on the same spreadsheet over the same period on the same nights. Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays over 3 weeks starting on 12th july (9 games) All the names can go on the same spreadsheet with leagues results for both. I will help keep it updated once all the names are in. 
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Nice One Trev..................... great idea mate
  • edited July 2010
    Ok lets get it off the ground

Add your names to the league or both leagues depending on which one you want to enter.

Deepstack Premier League (8.15 - £5.50)
    Pokertrev

Deepstack Championship League (7.15 - £2.20)
    Pokertrev