You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THIS MUST BE A GROWING THING ON SKY!!

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
Once again im playing deepstack tournie tonight and have been abused when beat someone on a few hands i get called a ho and a horebag why is this is starting to happen constantly if not to me then too others!! Hopefully this is going to get sorted as customer service wasnt very much help last time shall i email rich regarding this?? any advice appreciated thx

stacey

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Contact Customer Services via Online Chat - there's a link at the bottom of the page.
    If you tell them the player's name, the tournament you were in and the times(s) of the abuse, I would be very surprised if they don't take the necessary action.
    There may have been a blip recently when the process didn't run smoothly but it generally works well.
  • edited June 2010
    Ok thx for ur reply mere just annoys me that ppl do this when u come on here for a relaxing game of poker no need for it at all
  • edited June 2010
    Ive noticed this as well lately, and you should report it when its really abusive, i find if i type haha looooser then keep repeating hahaha loooser everytime they carry it on, they soon get fed up and leave, i know this aint ideal but it works for me but then again i dont give a sh it what they say to me cos if they doin that, they aint my m8 and i dont wanna be their m8, and they probably saddo's in real life, as they are on the keyboard lol. so eff em lol. ps keep ya chin up, they aint worth it.
  • edited June 2010

Hi Stacey,

Unfortunatley there are always a few idiots. It's really not on and you shouldn't have to take it. If you rememebr there name you should name and shame them here on the forum.

Other then that ditto merenovices's reply above and I hope something gets done about it, hope it doesn't ut you off playing on here

Pete
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: THIS MUST BE A GROWING THING ON SKY!!:
    Hi Stacey, Unfortunatley there are always a few idiots. It's really not on and you shouldn't have to take it. If you rememebr there name you should name and shame them here on the forum. Other then that ditto merenovices's reply above and I hope something gets done about it, hope it doesn't ut you off playing on here Pete
    Posted by cookie83
    You should definitely not "name and shame them on the forum"; it is against forum rules.

• edited June 2010

A lot of people would agree with naming and shaming, but it IS NOT the thing to do and ends up causing more aggro. As others have advised, you should contact CS and pass the details to them.

• edited June 2010
    thanks for the replys i had this happen to me a cpl of months ago i named them but was warned i had to take the name off as it was against forum rules but ppl do need to know who does it because they will obviously keep doing it i will report it like mere says in his post dont know the specific times but its when i won the pots so i shall give them hand id number and let them sort it from there.. thx guys
  • edited June 2010
     I wish people would realise its wrong to abuse poeple unless that person is called Richard Orford as he enjoys being abused!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to THIS MUST BE A GROWING THING ON SKY!!:
    Once again im playing deepstack tournie tonight and have been abused when beat someone on a few hands i get called a ho and a horebag why is this is starting to happen constantly if not to me then too others!! Hopefully this is going to get sorted as customer service wasnt very much help last time shall i email rich regarding this?? any advice appreciated thx stacey
    Posted by pokerstace
    send them to me i`m used to getting abused it`s called the wife
  • edited June 2010
    is it multiple people or one person luckily enough i have not had any probs but may be we should start a name and shame thread were we can post these people up so as everyone can watch out for them on the tables.
  • edited June 2010
    Apparently this is against FORUM RULES to name and shame,far better to PROTECT their identity eh?
  • edited July 2010
    personally, i don't care if someone gives me s hit when i win. i have their chips/money so i have the last laugh.
    however it is still completely unacceptable to abuse someone. if it happens to you then report it as quickly as possible, then if you can ignore the a rsehole, or better yet..clean them out!
  • edited July 2010

These sad people are just cowardly bad losers who hide behind the anonymity of an internet avatar to launch their pathetic insults. I'd like to see them try that sort of behaviour face-to-face in a real poker room.

This insults issue does seem to be a growing problem, hopefully Sky are reviewing chat histories and giving permanent chat bans to these people. One regular at my tables who was frequently blowing his top has been given just such a ban.

Personally I just laugh when somebody has a go, it just makes the insulter look like even more of a moron than before and my game is unaffected.

• edited July 2010
    NAME AND SHAME THEM.......IT'S THE ONLY THING TO DO.

DON'T LISTEN TO ALL THE DO GOODERS ON HERE....NAME THE IDIOT.....NAME HIM NOW!!!!!
  • edited July 2010
    Contact Customer Services via Online Chat - there's a link at the bottom of the page. If you tell them the player's name, the tournament you were in and the times(s) of the abuse, I would be very surprised if they don't take the necessary action. There may have been a blip recently when the process didn't run smoothly but it generally works well.
    Posted by MereNovice

This
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: THIS MUST BE A GROWING THING ON SKY!! : You should definitely not "name and shame them on the forum"; it is against forum rules.
    Posted by MereNovice

.. and this
  • edited July 2010
    NAME AND SHAME THEM.......IT'S THE ONLY THING TO DO. DON'T LISTEN TO ALL THE DO GOODERS ON HERE....NAME THE IDIOT.....NAME HIM NOW!!!!!
    Posted by LENGALENG

... but please not this
  • edited July 2010
    NAME AND SHAME THEM.......IT'S THE ONLY THING TO DO. DON'T LISTEN TO ALL THE DO GOODERS ON HERE....NAME THE IDIOT.....NAME HIM NOW!!!!!
    Posted by LENGALENG
    Its not a case of people being Do-Gooders, Its the forum rules. FWIW I would be in favour of a name and shame gallery, but I dont think it will ever happen. Anyone posting usernames in this instance is just creating more work for the already busy SkyRich.
  • edited July 2010
    Disgraceful behaviour.  Even if the person in question was a ho and a horebag, it should be sent via pm, not for the whole table to see
  • edited July 2010
    I wrote 5 posts about this subject the other day when Irish rover got the worst abuise ive ever seen on here .I named the idiot who was doing this and got the Data Protection Act quoted to me buy Rich ,you would be better of sending Rich a pm about this other wise nothing will ever get done about it                                                         I think a total ban on these idiots is only way to stop this once and for all
  • edited July 2010
    These sad people just cowardly bad losers who hide behind the anonymity of an internet avatar to launch their pathetic insults. I'd like to see them try that sort of behaviour face-to-face in a real poker room. This insults issue does seem to be a growing problem, hopefully Sky are reviewing chat histories and giving permanent chat bans to these people. One regular at my tables who was frequently blowing his top has been given just such a ban. Personally I just laugh when somebody has a go, it just makes the insulter look like even more of a moron than before and my game is unaffected.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    garyqqq think your a bit of a keyboardwarrior yourself reading your post,lol

• edited July 2010
    I have now reported this to cs and they have assured me that this will be dealt with so lets hope this does stop for everyone else on this site who gets abuse..

thanks
    stacey
  • edited July 2010
    I have now reported this to cs and they have assured me that this will be dealt with so lets hope this does stop for everyone else on this site who gets abuse.. thanks stacey
    Posted by pokerstace
    it wont, this is the online world we live in....ignore it and move on
  • edited July 2010
    Something similar happened to me about 3 months ago ( can handle any abuse normally & just laugh it off, but this was well over the top and had me close to tears)!!!

But thanks to CS & Rich it all got sorted very quickly....I still look out for this moron but have never seen him on site since - Luckily !!

So chin up it will get sorted :)
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: THIS MUST BE A GROWING THING ON SKY!! : it wont, this is the online world we live in....ignore it and move on
    Posted by lynx3ffect
    Do not "ignore it and move on".
    As you have done, report it and it will get sorted out.
    Remember that you are also doing a service to everyone else who uses the site by reporting abuse.
    It means that they will not have to suffer it from this particular individual in future.

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: THIS MUST BE A GROWING THING ON SKY!! : Do not "ignore it and move on". As you have done, report it and it will get sorted out. Remember that you are also doing a service to everyone else who uses the site by reporting abuse. It means that they will not have to suffer it from this particular individual in future.
    Posted by MereNovice
    like u  u mean  :))