You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Best League in the World!?

following on from discussing the failings of England at the world cup..i'd like to talk about the so called "best league in the world"

it seemed like a pretty good reason for England to be able to go on and win the world cup, beacause our team play in the "best league in the world!!!"..but, no.

TBH i'm getting tired of hearing it now, it's a stupid statement.

just who is watching every single match in the premier league every week? and then watching every game of all the other leagues to compare which league is the best?

and how come the best players in the world are playing in Spain?

so what exactly does having the "best league in the world" in this country mean to you?

cos it means sweet FA to me!

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Good Points/Questions.
  • edited June 2010
    I believe it is the TOUGHEST league but in terms of quality it is NOT the BEST.dav
  • edited June 2010
    It's hard to say tbh, i love watching match of the day every week but wouldn't sit down to watch the likes of Bolton vs Stoke. However i would sit to watch a match between two mid table Spanish teams because you're more likely to see better football played due to the time given to players on the ball over there.

And of course Barca are the best team to watch.
  • edited July 2010
    If it was the best league in the World I,m sure the Donkey Lashers from Blackpool will put an end to that

I,d say its because its the most entertaining to watch, hence why its the most watched leaugue Worldwide.

I watched Serie A when it came out on ch4. No wonder they pulled it soon after Gazza left. Boring as hell

As for being the best in quality,   I would say that varies from  year to year, in  which most ppl now gage on how well teams do in the Champions League.

Also its more competitive, especially with Tottenham breaking into the so called "big 4" and who knows what Man City will do in the next year or two.
  • edited July 2010

Players and managers in Spain and Italy say that we have the best league in the world....thats because it is.

I would rather watch our fooball anyday. In my opinion Man u against Liverpool or Arsenal against Chelsea is more appealing and exciting than watching the Milan derby or Barca Madrid. As the world cup has shown and these foreign games always proves is that he who cheats, dives, wastes time, fools the ref, rolls over and over again clutching body parts that havent been touched, gets players booked or sent off wins.

With a lot of technical ability and better play and players thrown in fair enough but never the less annoying cheaty cheats week after week team after team game after game. I know thers a bit of it crept into the prem but i am glad its not like their leagues.

Up the Premiership !!!!!!

Airwalker

• edited July 2010
    maybe it would be something for the English to be proud of if it wasn't so saturated with foreign players...