You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Top Totty

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat

Following a suggestion by Dud_Butini and some follow-up by Tikay, I'm pleased to announce that there will be a league to reward regular players in the ToT (Take-On-Tikay) tournaments.

There will be four leagues running for four weeks during the month of July. The leagues will start on Monday 5th July and end on Friday 30th July.

The leagues will be for each of the separate level ToT events:

Monday        ToT £2.20
Tuesday       ToT £11
Wednesday   ToT £5.50
Friday           ToT Rebuy £5.50

League points will be awarded on the basis of finishing position and you must enter at least three of the events for your league within the four week period to qualify. The average of your best three results during the league "season" will determine your league position.

For example, if you finish, 1st, 9th and 11th and 50th in the Monday ToT, you will have a league score of 7 after discarding your worst performance of 50th. This is (1 + 9 + 11) / 3.

You are free to enter as many of the leagues as you like.

There will be a prize for the top place finisher in each league. However, I imagine that the kudos for finishing high up in the league in what many people believe to be the best structured tournaments on Sky Poker will far exceed the prize. Just imagine being able to boast that you finished above Tikay in the league when he designed the format!

There is no need to register for the league; you will be automatically included if you enter three or more of the tournaments in any league.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    i've always wanted to describe myself as "top totty" - brilliant idea - i'll be trying my best - see you there
  • edited June 2010
    how do i register for the league?
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to top totty:
    Posted by Small_Dog

There is no need to register for the league; you will be automatically included if you enter three or more of the tournaments in any league.
  • edited June 2010
    thanks maxally

i am new to the "community" side of the site and I am trying to get up to speed.

all looks good fun though
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to top totty:
    Posted by Small_Dog
    You don't have to register. If you play three or more of the tournaments on any given day of the week between 5th July and 30th July you will automatically be included. If you're really keen on the ToT format and play three or more tournaments on each day of the week, you will be entered in all four leagues.

Edit: Maxally beat me to it - and was rather more succinct!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Top Totty:
    thanks maxally i am new to the "community" side of the site and I am trying to get up to speed. all looks good fun though
    Posted by Small_Dog
    No worries. If you have any questions about this or anything else just ask.
    Hopefully, you might get some sensible answers.  ;-)))
  • edited June 2010
    thank you merenovice I appreciate that
  • edited June 2010
    Nice one Mere

I described this as Sky's best franchise and I seriously think it will grow and grow in stature.

Obviously there's better prize money on offer elsewhere but as far as structure goes this is IT.

I'm definitely aiming to play all £2.20 games and hope to stoke up the BR to allow me in the £5.50 division as well.

As a warm up I should have made enough profit on the tables (here and elsewhere) to enter the last of the pre-season £5.50 games tonight.

---------------------

Maybe Sky could run to a Champions League Event after the end of July's games ......

EG - The four Champions of the divisions and the top two runners up (in terms of points) to face off in a special 6 seater Event.

Obviously if one of the six sees a duplication in the ranks  then the third best runner up would qualify.
  • edited June 2010

Hi Guys,

Firstly, many thanks to MereNovice for running this - much appreciated.

As many of you know, today is a bit hassly for me, as I'm doing Pre-Records in the Studio all aftrernoon, playing three Tourneys tioght, & dash off to Vegas tomorrow morning, (yup, toasty life, me), but.....

Once I've sorted my frazzled head out, & calmed down a bit, I'll arrange for some prizes for these Leagues.

Thaqnk you again, to Mere, & all who enter.

I have a hunch this could be BIG. We get a lot of entries to the various TOT-ty's, nearly 200 for the £2.20, & close to 100 for both the £5.50, & £11, so this could be special.
  • edited June 2010

Nice 1 mere great idea i'm in for the £2-20 league
  • edited June 2010

this will be some work Mere, if you would like some assistance in updating spreadsheets etc, please PM me, id be happy to help

Hoggers

• edited June 2010
    Good Work mere (Don't let Hoggers help - HE WILL CHEAT)
  • edited June 2010
    this will be some work Mere, if you would like some assistance in updating spreadsheets etc, please PM me, id be happy to help Hoggers
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Ditto Mere, if I can be of any assistance just let me know m8!!

And well done you for doing this, another example of sky poker having an awesome community!!
  • edited June 2010
    i'm in for all the 2.20's and IF my br allows as many of the 5.50's as well!!
    brill idea mere, thanks!

ps. anyone know who will be 'IT' if Tikay can't make it into his tournies? if LML is 'IT' then the tournie could really be a 'totty'.
  • edited June 2010
    Sounds like a great idea look forward to competing in the £2.20 league
  • edited June 2010
    In an exciting development, after protracted negotiations, I'd like to announce that I have secured individual "sponsorship" of each of the leagues.

As a result, the Monday night league will now be called the "Top Totty Konnie Huq £2.20 Freezeout League".

I'm sure that you'll all be as thrilled as I am by this.

More news to follow.

• edited June 2010
    Top Totty Konnie Huq for £2.20 is a bargain, anyone who doesn't enter is a fool.
  • edited July 2010
    More exciting news.

The Tuesday night league will be called the "Top Totty Catherine Deneuve £11 Freezeout League".

I can neither confirm or deny whether the first lady of French cinema will be participating in any of this month's tournaments.
  • edited July 2010
    Can we pay the entry fee in Euros or old Francs we might find discarded in kitchen drawers?
  • edited July 2010
    If you send 100 Euros or 19 quintillion old francs to me personally, I will ensure that your entry to next Tuesday's tournament is processed.
  • edited July 2010
    This is an awesome idea, and I shall participate in the Konnie Huq. May I also suggest Elizabeth Hurley for the Wednesday night version. She could then present the award to the winner wearing "that dress" - that would be some incentive!!

If I can help in any way as well, please PM me
  • edited July 2010
    This is an awesome idea, and I shall participate in the Konnie Huq. May I also suggest Elizabeth Hurley for the Wednesday night version. She could then present the award to the winner wearing "that dress" - that would be some incentive!! If I can help in any way as well, please PM me
    Posted by darich

Thanks for the offer of help and thanks to all the others who also volunteered. I'll be sure to call on you if needed.

Good idea on Liz Hurley but I've already got this month's "sponsors" sorted. I hope that you won't be too disappointed. ;-)

If the leagues are successful and we re-run them in August I shall definitely be in contact with Ms. Hurley to see if she can fit us into her busy schedule.

• edited July 2010
    Great idea

If you need any help Vince ill help if i can
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Top Totty : Thanks for the offer of help and thanks to all the others who also volunteered. I'll be sure to call on you if needed. Good idea on Liz Hurley but I've already got this month's "sponsors" sorted. I hope that you won't be too disappointed. ;-) If the leagues are successful and we re-run them in August I shall definitely be in contact with Ms. Hurley to see if she can fit us into her busy schedule.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Good stuff - I know Liz will be interested as she told me last night ;-) lol
  • edited July 2010
    OK, I can restrain myself no longer; I'm worried about the news leaking out via Twitter or Facebook before I have chance to release it here.

The Wednesday league will be know as the "Top Totty Kelly Rowland £5.50 Freezeout League".

News of sponsorship of the Friday league will be announced exclusively on this thread. Do not believe anything that you read elsewhere.

• edited July 2010
    Completing our line-up for July, we have managed to secure "sponsorship" for the Friday tournaments.

The Friday league will be know as the "Top Totty Anna Kournikova £5.50 Rebuy League".

That completes the line-up for July.

Remember that the leagues start next Monday and run until Friday July 30th.

Enjoy.
  • edited July 2010
    Completing our line-up for July, we have managed to secure "sponsorship" for the Friday tournaments. The Friday league will be know as the "Top Totty Anna Kournikova £5.50 Rebuy League". That completes the line-up for July. Remember that the leagues start next Monday and run until Friday July 30th. Enjoy.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Wasn't going to join the rebuy league, but now Anna is involved I'll be there like a shot! Good work!
  • edited July 2010
    Unlike Miss Kournikova the ToT tournament looks good AND plays well.
  • edited July 2010
    Took a little break and have just seen this.  Nice one Vince, I know a lot of people have already offered, just like to say I'm willing to give you a hand as well sir.

Regarding the sponsership, pfft, still no love for the Ginger one from Girls Aloud?  Just not right...
  • edited July 2010
    After last nights shambles glad to read you can discard one result