You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Sky Poker World Cup kick off freeroll - Progress so far...

edited July 2010 in The Football Corner
i got nigeria so i play in a 5k this saturday?
what does this mean?
how many players will be there and what will the prizes be?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Hi Guys,

Hopefully you've been enjoying this year's World cup and following the progress of our very own World Cup Kick off freeroll. Here's a quick update to give you the lowdown on the highs and lows so far....

A disappointingly early exit for England sees

RIZLAKID and
    GINNER1008 
    miss out but at least receive a free Sky Sports Bounty hunter seat

another big shock saw the champions Italy go out with a whimper - regrettably this also meant

DANMCS and
    PHIL12UK 
    followed with an early exit and a seat in the Saturday Open

Still looking hot are the Ghanaians which see's
    ELVIS66 and
    MCGOWN

in with a shout

Favourites Brazil and Spain are of course chugging along very nicely and this will very much please
    FILBERTWAY 
    ASHSKI 
    TONY1957 
    and
    BLANKCHECK 
    who are all still aiming for the top prize (a seat in the Sky Poker Tour final)

• edited July 2010
    You've won a seat in the Saturday Open - well done!

The tournament will start at 8 pm and will appear in the lobby earlier in the day (Saturday). for full details about the tournament make sure you check the lobby on Saturday.

good luck!
  • edited July 2010
    QUARTER FINAL UPDATE

We're down to the last 8 teams!

First up at 15:00 today is Holland (supported by VEGAS7BABY and UNCLEONION) vs Brazil (supported by TONY1957 and FILBERTWAY)

Brazil have looked solid throughout and I can't see them letting in many goals. Holland have looked strong also, winning their group with maximum points and scoring freely with Sneijder and Van Persie pulling the strings. My heart says Holland but the head says Brazil to win a close game 2-1.

Next up later this evening is Uruguay (supported by ELEVATION and BIGRICH180) vs Ghana (supported by ELVIS66 and MCGOWN)

Uruguay have looked very strong going forward with Forlan and Suarez both scoring freely and for that reason I can only see one winner in this match. Ghana for me were lucky to beat the USA in the last round and didn't look like a side that could defend against a better attacking team. 2-0 to Uruguay.

Tomorrow sees a mouth-watering tie between Argentina (supported by PETEBRYN and VLADIMIR777) and Germany (supported by THE CHIMP and BLADES6895)

Argentina have looked hands-down the best attacking side in the tournament, although the defence has looked leaky in a number of games. Germany - well what don't we already know about Germany. They positively thrashed us in the last 16 and stalwarts Podolski and Klose look very dangerous. Could be a lot of goals in this one - I'm going to go for a 2-2 draw with Argentina sneaking it in extra-time.

Finally we have Paraguay (supported by BENNYTHEDIP2 and LOVEANDPRIDE) vs Spain (supported by BLANKCHECK and ASHSKI)

Only one winner here. After stumbling at the first hurdle against Switzerland, Spain have looked a dominant force and have eased into the Quarter Finals. Villa is on fire and Iniesta can unlock any defence. Paraguay on the other hand have yet to play a decent team and only just scraped past Japan. 3-1 to Spain.

• edited July 2010
    Get in Uruguay woooop woooooop

• edited July 2010
    so i played in the free roll world cup tournament and got 20th - NIGERIA. the rules stated that if any team didnt get out the group that each person would get entry to the 5k tournament.

so i check today and im in the 2k tournament

cheeky that ya know...
    im a bit over this now. why say 5k, when clearly it isnt
  • edited July 2010
    I should have been given entry in to a £12K bounty Hunter but it's only a £7K.
    Why is that SKY?
  • edited July 2010
    cos they couldnt organise a piss-up in a brewery, or they are liars
  • edited July 2010
    so whats the 3/4 place prize - guess thats my minimum now - but don't actually know what the dandb is?
  • edited July 2010
    Sky has obviously had to restructure gtd payouts on some of their major tournies due to lower entries because of underlying factors ie, world cup/great summer weather (hopefully nothing more serious).
    I am in the semis and if mine go out, which if I was a betting man i'd put money on, I qualify for the Dantb10.
    Wasn't sure what the tourny was until I looked through the forum. my guess it's been postponed due to above reasons.

Now, if sky need to transfer my prize to a lower gtd tournie, so be it. I won my prize in a FREEROLL and I have enjoyed my free ride. In hindsight the only mistake sky made was stating the gtd payout rather than 'The Open' or 'Sky Sports BH'.

However, If I am disatisfied with my prize I don't have to sit down at the table!

• edited July 2010
    Okay...I figured it out, DOH!
    The dantb10 is now the Sunday deepstack, am I right? Which is the same £55 entry fee (fantastic prize for going out in semis).

So basically sky has upheld their offer, £11. £22, £33, £55 etc entry fees to tournies.

Just for the record toerag, if a thousand runners enter you'll be in 10K tourny.
  • edited July 2010
    i was USA and for the life of me couldn't work out how or when i was going to get entry into the relevant poker tournament after they went out, HELP!
  • edited July 2010
    Hi Guys,

I'm going to send everyone (all the winners with World Cup teams who have already been knocked out), a Quick PM.

Thanks.
  • edited July 2010
    Boo i got robbed by Uruguay!!!!