You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

If you lack a soul/any moral fibre try not to lol...

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
I stumbled across this post on another poker forum and I just had to lol, I think it's brilliant:

Beat: Father lost $14,000 on my Account...did not know it was real money.

Title says it all, really. I had just shy of $15k in my account. Today my account was at $992. It was the first time i had logged in since mid June (new baby et al).

After freaking out for a few hours, put two and two together, called father up (who is now back home) asked him if he played any poker while here. Found out he had used an old laptop of mine to log in and play some poker (about 3 weeks ago I transferred my accounts to a new laptop after old one had died...I guess it still had some life in it after all...). (Password was easy for him as it was same one I use for my firewall, which he was using while staying with us).

He apologized, and said he did not know how to reload more money so he gave up. He still does not know it was real money... and I don't have heart to tell him as he will feel awful. (or, maybe even worse, he will just say how it is all a scam and I should know better).

On the bright side, I have it back up to $1400. Time to start grinding again. I guess I should be glad I had cashed out a good chunk of account before UIEGA hit out of fear of unknown, so I guess it could have been much, much worse. 

Beat: Dad is really, really bad at the pokers. I cannot get old comp to boot up so have no idea what he did, and not sure I want to know.
Brag?: Increased my online roll by almost 50% in one session
Variance: Should be good for meta game?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    So sick. The rumour mill tells me that this happened on here not too long ago, but the other way round, and with intention.  So, lets say this did happen, and ppl that were playing against this person, actually knew the score, and that it wasnt their moneyt, as they had effectively stolen it.  Is there a case for the recipients of this money being done for handling stolen property??
  • edited July 2010
    Tikay has told a story about in the early days of online poker a poker pro ran free play chips up from 1000 to 50,000 or more believing that it was real money.  Needless to say he wasn't amused when he was told it was free play chips, lol.
  • edited July 2010
    Nice story, i think its fake though! if that happened i would scr-ew, although may be a while till i get 15k in any of my accounts lol
  • edited July 2010
    this is exactly why i give my old man some poker lessons. $14k... sickly.
  • edited July 2010
    You have to laugh...............only coz it didnt happen to meeeeeeeee
  • edited July 2010
    When I watched Durrrrrr million dollar challenge he said something similar happened to him because he left his laptop on in a hotel.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: If you lack a soul/any moral fibre try not to lol...:
    When I watched Durrrrrr million dollar challenge he said something similar happened to him because he left his laptop on in a hotel.
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    I believe that he said that is why he never leaves himself logged in when staying in a hotel - to ensure that this doesn't happen. The reason being that anyone looking at the PC would assume that, because his bankroll was so large, it had to be play money.