You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday Night Bounty Hunter with Orfmeister and Gidzo

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
In Response to Thursday Night Bounty Hunter with Orfmeister and Gidzo:
It's Thursday and that can only mean one thing in Sky Poker land, the onset of the Bounty Hunter. We've got a great show lined up for you today, our studio guest is one of Gidzo's pals, New Zealander Chris Harris - so they should have something to say about the latest  buzz on the old cricket circuit with the umpire system under review. This evening we'll be focussing on the £7K GTD Bounty Hunter at 20:00, however there will be a brief foray into the £500 GTD at 20:30 and the £1200 GTD at 21:30. Chris will be registered for the 20:00 and 21:30 but there will also be a chance to catch up with him at in the SNG arena with games scheduled for 22:30 and 23:00. (I like to keep our guests busy!) So what's in it for you? Today I have 3 TOT (Take On Tikay) entries to give away..... I have an email question..... Cast your minds back and email in the answer. Which attractive young journalist made a big impression on a certain Mr Kendall last year?" Skyopen@bskyb.com The boys will determine how the other 2 are awarded! Have fun this evening! Aisling xx
Posted by Sky_Ling
I didn't realise Tikay liked me that much... ;)

Comments

• edited July 2010

It's Thursday and that can only mean one thing in Sky Poker land, the onset of the Bounty Hunter.

We've got a great show lined up for you today, our studio guest is one of Gidzo's pals, New Zealander Chris Harris - so they should have something to say about the latest  buzz on the old cricket circuit with the umpire system under review.

This evening we'll be focussing on the £7K GTD Bounty Hunter at 20:00, however there will be a brief foray into the £500 GTD at 20:30 and the £1200 GTD at 21:30. Chris will be registered for the 20:00 and 21:30 but there will also be a chance to catch up with him at in the SNG arena with games scheduled for 22:30 and 23:00. (I like to keep our guests busy!)

So what's in it for you? Today I have 3 TOT (Take On Tikay) entries to give away..... I have an email question..... Cast your minds back and email in the answer. Which attractive young journalist made a big impression on a certain Mr Kendall in the Rio last year?" Skyopen@bskyb.com

The boys will determine how the other 2 are awarded!

Have fun this evening!

Aisling xx
  • edited July 2010

Oh yes should be a good show tonight especially when you have one of the all-time great characters of New Zealand cricket in Chris Harris!

A couple of questions i would like to ask Chris. First of all is when he played for New Zealand and was an integral part of their middle order in the 90's especially in the One Dayers, against which International team did he get more satisfaction in beating? - Australia or England?! :)

Also being a massive Lancashire fan, we currently have Chris's fellow countryman Nathan McCullum as one of our overseas players playing in the T20 competition and i have been very impressed with what i have seen and would like to know how much Chris rates him or not and whether he has got all the qualities to be on a par or even better than someone like Daniel Vettori?

Have a great show guys!

Craig
    (AKA: OnlyOneCT)

• edited July 2010
    Good luck Ling, you'll need it trying to control Orford and "Value Town" Giddens :)  Good to see the dynamic duo back on!.

Ross
  • edited July 2010
    omg. orford and gidzo together...who left the door to the loony bin open too long?  one at a time is bad enough, but both together is going to be MAD....and possibly fun as well!
  • edited July 2010
    Was this certain lady impressing Tikay with her silk dress and open backed high-heels? Email sent. ;-)
  • edited July 2010

question for ed giddings if hes the presidant of "value town" who would be ur ideal vice presidant ? have a good show guys ;)

• edited July 2010

I want to ask Chris....

if a 20/20 match had 15 overs of fielding restrictions, how wud this change the average scores?

Also, if opening batsmen in test matches, approached the game as the do a 20/20, with 4 slips and a gully, how do you think they would get on?

Will enjoy the show tonight, thanx, JJ
  • edited July 2010

A QUESTION FOR ED GIDDENS, IF HIS WIFE HAS GOT HIS VALUE TOWN T-SHIRT IS HE WEARING HIS WIFE`S NITE-SHIRT TONITE ( THE ONE HE`S WEARING NOW ) LOL

• edited July 2010
    Great show as usual guys.

Can you give a good luck shout out to Sian (Yorkie74) who is playing in a big live tournament as we speak which she managed to qualify for with 2 live wins!!

Go Girl - she's on top form live at the moment!

Ask Chris about NZ fine effort in the World Cup, heads held high there!!

Dave
  • edited July 2010
    Out early again really starting to hate scotty77 the only time ive done well in this is when it crashed after 15 minutes :(
  • edited July 2010

Ed I have to disagree....

On the hand from the 2 newbies, you said on a board of 7 7 3 - If the pocket aces knew the guy with pocket queens, he plays it slower.

Of course not - does he think his opponent can fold QQ on 773 flop?

Btw I'm amazed QQ didnt 3 bet pre.
  • edited July 2010
    abba u pair of plums
  • edited July 2010
    EVERYTIME I SEE THE STUDIO GUEST AND LOOK UP AT TV, I KEEP THINKING IT`S RIGHT SAID FRED ON THE SHOW AT LEAST HE`S GOT HIS SHIRT ON ???
  • edited July 2010
    Can I ask,

Is it a good strategy to target players who've just lost a pot especially later on in a tournament?
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Bounty Hunter with Orfmeister and Gidzo:
    Ed I have to disagree.... On the hand from the 2 newbies, you said on a board of 7 7 3 - If the pocket aces knew the guy with pocket queens, he plays it slower. Of course not - does he think his opponent can fold QQ on 773 flop? Btw I'm amazed QQ didnt 3 bet pre.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    i agree i was shocked he didnt 3bet pre, btw  well done on ur result in primo keep it up ;)
  • edited July 2010
    SHAME TK`S NOT IN STUDIO AS WELL, THEN WE COULD CALL YOU GUYS THE VILLAGE PEOPLE ?
  • edited July 2010
    Hi guys

ive been railing penguin and scotty's table.

Ryan (scotty) has been ultra agro! sooooo agro its unreal

Here is tony's response to Ed's comments as to why he didnt fold the QJs, he cant watch the show as he is at Gatwick waiting for his flight to vegas tomorrow

penguin7 /> wots he know (ED) ! did he watch ryan raising every other hand
    ?
  • edited July 2010
    raving fish all over the site

• edited July 2010
    Hi Rich

Can you ask Chris if he ever played in the pre-tour warm ups in Hitchin ( ending up in  Barneys ) - if so, I might have played against him.

Great show as allways

Pen Fifteen
  • edited July 2010
    Hi Rich Can you ask Chris if he ever played in the pre-tour warm ups in Hitchin ( ending up in  Barneys ) - if so, I might have played against him. Great show as allways Pen Fifteen
    Posted by PenFifteen
    I don't think that will have happened pen15.

If it had happened surely Chris would have remembered it and already mentioned it?
    Playing with a well known celebrity always sticks in the memory, doesn't it?   :-)))
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Bounty Hunter with Orfmeister and Gidzo : I don't think that will have happened pen15. If it had happened surely Chris would have remembered it and already mentioned it? Playing with a well known celebrity always sticks in the memory, doesn't it?   :-)))
    Posted by MereNovice
    Lol

Bless you Mere - but as Chris mentioned - I believe it did.

Rich - Ask him what a Monster Stein is lol

Cheers

Pen