You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

insurance

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
sky should offer insurance ..i always seem to have 2nd nutts which is impossible to fold and then they turn over the nutts,at like 100000 to 1 odds. on the river b4 cards are turnd you shoud be asked if u want insurance like what phil helmuth does..trust me id be a rich man if they did this.

Comments

• edited July 2010

Most people on here have probably lost with the 2nd nuts at some stage. What makes it tough is that we all "Thought" we were winning.

That said, I can always remember the old man giving us an earful if we ever said..."But I Thought".

He would say, "Thought......You know what thought did? It pished the bed and blamed it on the blanket"

• edited July 2010
    plonker

do u think the high rollers MAKE money by buying insurance????

They limit losses

Again, plonker
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: insurance:
    plonker do u think the high rollers MAKE money by buying insurance???? They limit losses Again, plonker
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Bit harsh dohhhh m8 yes?
  • edited July 2010
    did i say they did ..no ..does phil take insurance .yessss do i keep gettin beat by ymiracle hands .yessss ,did i write this at 10 14 thinkin should i have wrote it ,go back to the tables and within 30 mins confirm what i wrote made perfect sense after gettin about 5 bad beats in that  short time ..yesss
  • ybyb
    edited July 2010
    You're wrong. Phil Helmuth doesn't take insurance out on his opponent having the nuts - he takes insurance when all the money goes in and the cards are on their backs to make sure it's not so costly if he gets sucked out on. Massive difference - who's going to give you odds on what your opponent might hold when they would have no idea how tight/loose/aggro etc. they were?

Like dohh said plonker!!!
  • edited July 2010
    thats wot i mean u about phil, isurance on gettin suked when they hit the miracle card  ..and its a computer giving cards out so it wouldnt matter wot type of player u were up against were
  • edited July 2010

just had 2 more bad beats cuda took insurance on them....LIKE PHIL and id be quids in

• edited July 2010
    just had 2 more bad beats cuda took insurance on them....LIKE PHIL and id be quids in
    Posted by mrlogic
    I presume you talk of the hand where I hitthe nut flush with my straight & flush draw against your trip As.  I had a lotta outs not exactly a major suck out also you didnt lose much cos you slow played it and I was wary of the paired board - small pot and someone caught a flush must happen a few thousand times a day lol
  • edited July 2010

Why don't you have a word with Churchill and see if they can do anything for you? You never know they might branch out into poker.

That dog looks quite friendly IMO.

• edited July 2010
    Why don't you have a word with Churchill and see if they can do anything for you? You never know they might branch out into poker. That dog looks quite friendly IMO.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    You shouldn't have posted this.
    You should have first explored all the possibilities with the major insurance companies.
    Knowing what odds even top poker players are prepared to take, I would say that there is a killing to be made by insurance companies who are prepared to put a mechanism in place to try to take advantage.
    Something like a 10% advantage would suit them and you would be happy with 10% of that, I'm sure.

If you don't want to take this forward personally please let me know and I might see what deal I can broker.
    What a wizard wheeze.
  • edited July 2010
    is not bad bets all part of poker? i know that i get caught out on the turn / river and i bet nearly all of hve done at one time or another. i find if it happens alot to me its me not watching the cards or the play/players or getting a propper read and then sometimes its just bad luck.
    in these cases i find a break allways helps get your head back in the right place.
  • edited July 2010
    buying insurance is -EV, you have to give the other person an incentive to do this, which would usually be 5-10% juice, so when you say "i would be a rich man if i got insurance" no you would just slowly lose money

phil hellmuth does this because he wants the extra TV time, is dumb & will probably tilt off sooooo much more if he doesnt do it and loses
  • edited July 2010
    buying insurance is -EV, you have to give the other person an incentive to do this, which would usually be 5-10% juice, so when you say "i would be a rich man if i got insurance" no you would just slowly lose money phil hellmuth does this because he wants the extra TV time, is dumb & will probably tilt off sooooo much more if he doesnt do it and loses
    Posted by LOL_RAISE

This. Hellmuth is dumb, copying anything he does poker wise/insurance wise/acting at the table wise you will suffer.