You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BH DIRECT - sats

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
115.00 / 30.003
225.00 / 50.003
350.00 / 100.003
475.00 / 150.003
5100.00 / 200.003
6150.00 / 300.003
7200.00 / 400.003
are u serious??? - I knw they are sposed to be fast. And I love fast tournaments. But te above structure is ridic!!!

more levels, or more time surely???

I didnt check before I entered, doubled up 2nd hand, then thought nice one Im ok to be in the mix around the bubble - 5 mins later im down to 10x bb!!!

Jeez - slowwwwwwww downnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Comments

• edited July 2010
    but did u get in dohhhhh thats what i want to know if so see you there or be square lol
  • edited July 2010
    i went into the semi one. its 5 mins blinds, came 17 needed to come 13+
  • edited July 2010
    dohhhhh dont they use fast blinds so that it makes sure its all finished before the main event starts at 8???
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: BH DIRECT - sats:
    dohhhhh dont they use fast blinds so that it makes sure its all finished before the main event starts at 8???
    Posted by donkeyplop
    imo that's not really an excuse.

It's been suggested before (by myself & others) that maybe we can have sats for tournies (particularly main events) the night before rather than on the day. At least that way you could have a longer blind structure & it also gives a chance to qualify for those who work during the day & can't get to play them. 
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: BH DIRECT - sats : imo that's not really an excuse. It's been suggested before (by myself & others) that maybe we can have sats for tournies (particularly main events) the night before rather than on the day. At least that way you could have a longer blind structure & it also gives a chance to qualify for those who work during the day & can't get to play them. 
    Posted by silentbob
    I agree mate but dont they want it over fast so you feel the need to play again if you go out?
  • edited July 2010
    Hi,

The late sats all have fast blinds so that we can firstly offer sats at that time knowing that they will be over before the start of the tournament - I have had a few scares in the past when we had 5 minute blinds for these, where the last two players have continued playing past the start time of the tournament, even though they won a seat 20 minutes before,  which resulted in me moving the main T start time...

Kind regards,

Bernie
  • edited July 2010
    Hi, The late sats all have fast blinds so that we can firstly offer sats at that time knowing that they will be over before the start of the tournament - I have had a few scares in the past when we had 5 minute blinds for these, where the last two players have continued playing past the start time of the tournament, even though they won a seat 20 minutes before,  which resulted in me moving the main T start time... Kind regards, Bernie
    Posted by Sky_Bernie
    Hi Bernie

I fully appreciate & understand the reasoning behind this but would it not be possible to have some sats the day before? As I said in my post, like most people I work during the day so can't play those sats & early evening is spent sorting out the family. I'm sure I'm not the only person in this position.
  • edited July 2010
    Hi Bob,

We did run these in the past but pulled them because of lack of numbers - having said that though we can try again once the World Cup is out of the way to see if there is any take up.

Kind regards,

Bernie
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to BH DIRECT - sats:
    1 15.00 / 30.00 3 2 25.00 / 50.00 3 3 50.00 / 100.00 3 4 75.00 / 150.00 3 5 100.00 / 200.00 3 6 150.00 / 300.00 3 7 200.00 / 400.00 3 are u serious??? - I knw they are sposed to be fast. And I love fast tournaments. But te above structure is ridic!!! more levels, or more time surely??? I didnt check before I entered, doubled up 2nd hand, then thought nice one Im ok to be in the mix around the bubble - 5 mins later im down to 10x bb!!! Jeez - slowwwwwwww downnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Doh,

Surely you don't want them faster do you??????

Bernie
  • edited July 2010
    No his saying 3 mins blinds are to fast :P