You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can we just go back to normal now??

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
Right everyone at sky although the World Cup is still going, surely as England are out we can now go back to the original tounament gurantees? Although other people still will be watching the world cup i think generally it will be in doors when most people will play poker aswell

I may be wrong here but what do we all think? I haven't logged on much of late due to all the new restructure with the tourneys because of the silly gurantee's and i prefer(well am better) at MTT, have even been playing more on another site but i prefer sky so look forward to normal service being resumed eg. £900 Gtd at 9 and so on

As a side note- think we have gone a bit OTT on the rebuys front

so what does everyone else think?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    It's not just the World Cup. In the summer the numbers of runners for online poker tournys goes down (more beer garden, BBQ outdoor type activities take priority. THe GTD's will go back up when the runners warrant it. There is no way that the GTD's will go back up until the runners do, I mean who is going to lose money and give overlay on purpose??
  • edited July 2010
    Fair enough, but i for one will not play a gurantee of say £200 for £5 when i could of played £900 for the same amount, i find the smaller gurantee for me its harder to win for some reason and at least when its higher you are rewarded for a deepish run. i know this is all ifs and buts, but im sure if they put a 900gtd up or what not to test the water more would register, its because of the smaller gurantee at the momment which stops people registering. welll in my case it does
  • edited July 2010

Yes - 900 gtd at 9pm - £200 gtd at 3pm - (altho the 250 gtd was getting the numbers so dunno why they changed it)
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Can we just go back to normal now??:
    Fair enough, but i for one will not play a gurantee of say £200 for £5 when i could of played £900 for the same amount, i find the smaller gurantee for me its harder to win for some reason and at least when its higher you are rewarded for a deepish run. i know this is all ifs and buts, but im sure if they put a 900gtd up or what not to test the water more would register, its because of the smaller gurantee at the momment which stops people registering. welll in my case it does
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Yeah i know what your saying and to an extent your right. More would register if the guarantee was higher but some spread sheet somewhere with more stats available than i have will say that the increase in runners due to a higher GTD still won't cover the GTD itself. Not to worry though cos with british weather you can guarantee it won't be long until we are all rainned in the house again and back on the virtual felt :)
  • edited July 2010
    It's not just the World Cup. In the summer the numbers of runners for online poker tournys goes down (more beer garden, BBQ outdoor type activities take priority. THe GTD's will go back up when the runners warrant it. There is no way that the GTD's will go back up until the runners do, I mean who is going to lose money and give overlay on purpose??
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    Its not just online,

at my live tournament we've lost 50% of our regular players since the start of June. Most of these are because of other activities that only happen in the summer, some because of the world cup and others are on holidays, a couple because of their work load has increased.

Sums it all up really.
  • edited July 2010

+1

this thread repeats numerous threads.... hopefully one day someone will listen and respond

for me it is primarily the 9pm gtd the 10pm velo
  • edited July 2010
    +1 this thread repeats numerous threads.... hopefully one day someone will listen and respond for me it is primarily the 9pm gtd the 10pm velo
    Posted by aussie09

+ 1 on both of those mate, there ones i mainly play  but i like to dabble on others ;o)

Im thinking they wont listen unless we prove it eg. get a certain amount of runners to enter

suits what do we need to do if anything, or im assuming it is beyond your control and the schedule will stay how it is till end of august etc.
  • edited July 2010
    Any response from Sky Suits??? Bump!
  • edited July 2010
    +1 this thread repeats numerous threads.... hopefully one day someone will listen and respond for me it is primarily the 9pm gtd the 10pm velo
    Posted by aussie09
    i agree,totally peed off that they have ruined velocity by making it a rebuy i used to play it practically every night,but now i hardly bother.....
  • edited July 2010

I agree, used to play the 9pm 900gtd most nights as it was the only one I could play in peace as kids are finally asleep by then. Played the rebuy 1 last night 1 player all in nearly every hand to any raise getting very lucky when he was called, cracked my aa with 58os!!! Will not be playing it again was more like bingo than poker. Used to also like playing velocity not even going to try that while it is a rebuy, that's probably all in or fold too.

• edited July 2010
    But I dont want to be normal! :(
  • edited July 2010
    Hi all,

There is a new £300 Gtd Velocity in the lobby at 21.40pm, and once the WC is out of the way, I review the numbers and increase the Gtd if required based on player numbers. As requested this one has no rebuys or addons.

There is also a new £250 Gtd for £11 at 20.40 and a £200 Gtd for £5.50 at 21.10, both freezeouts, in the lobby as well.

Kind regards,

Bernie
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Can we just go back to normal now?? : i agree,totally peed off that they have ruined velocity by making it a rebuy i used to play it practically every night,but now i hardly bother.....
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    +1. Was so much fun now they have ruined it.

As primarily a tournament player I have been forced onto the cash tables recently but I am serious considering a move unless the gtd's and good tournaments are brought back.
  • edited July 2010
    Hi all, There is a new £300 Gtd Velocity in the lobby at 21.40pm, and once the WC is out of the way, I review the numbers and increase the Gtd if required based on player numbers. As requested this one has no rebuys or addons. There is also a new £250 Gtd for £11 at 20.40 and a £200 Gtd for £5.50 at 21.10, both freezeouts, in the lobby as well. Kind regards, Bernie
    Posted by Sky_Bernie
    Thank you for this Bernie. I imagine that these MTT's will get more runners than the Omaha ones.

I can see a lot of forum support for evening sats at the moment for those of us who work during the day but wish to try and sat into tournaments which are out of BR limits. Have you any thoughts/plans on this?

Regards,

Alan
  • edited July 2010
    Hi Alan,

We did run these in the past but pulled them because of lack of numbers - having said that though we can try again once the World Cup is out of the way to see if there is any take up.

A couple of Q's: Which 8pm's T's do you want them for, and at time do you want them to run?

If you could pull some of that information together it would great rather than me randomly selecting them....

Kind regards,

Bernie
  • edited July 2010
    Hi all, There is a new £300 Gtd Velocity in the lobby at 21.40pm, and once the WC is out of the way, I review the numbers and increase the Gtd if required based on player numbers. As requested this one has no rebuys or addons. There is also a new £250 Gtd for £11 at 20.40 and a £200 Gtd for £5.50 at 21.10, both freezeouts, in the lobby as well. Kind regards, Bernie
    Posted by Sky_Bernie
    Thank you Bernie
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks bernie i will at least register for 1/2 of those tonight bankrolls low but always got time for them

Thanks for your response, that was one of my main issues aswell keep velo or gtd with no rebuys

Regards
    John
  • edited July 2010
    Hi Alan, We did run these in the past but pulled them because of lack of numbers - having said that though we can try again once the World Cup is out of the way to see if there is any take up. A couple of Q's: Which 8pm's T's do you want them for, and at time do you want them to run? If you could pull some of that information together it would great rather than me randomly selecting them.... Kind regards, Bernie
    Posted by Sky_Bernie
    I believe the consensus of opinion is if you are willing to put a evening satellite on for one 8pm MTT, you might as well do one for every 'main' event for the following night. I also think a regular slot between 9pm - 10.30pm would be the ideal time for them to run.

regards,

Alan   
  • edited July 2010
    Good point Maxilly, for those who are against rebuys i have registered for 3 tonight. i Will start another thread for this one though as going of the original subject
  • edited July 2010
    when i first joined skypoker it was straight forward no nosence, no gimmicks, mtt, good prise money, get your money in and play,  most people seemed happy in the chat boxs on each game. i knew when they started tweaking it bit by bit it was not going to improve what was already the best site then.  when there's nothing wrong with the engine, dont fix it.