You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I'm having a baby? I'll be home for tea!

edited March 2011 in The Shed
Its just like popping round to see an old auntie, doing a few sudoku puzzles when she falls asleep, then having a poo.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Now i'm only 45 but when i was young, i remember going to the hospital to visit my mum after she had a baby. Children were not allowed on the ward and she had to open a window with me peeking at my brother from outside! I remember women, after giving birth were routinely kept in for 5-7 days for screening and checks. Now its all changed, my daughter went into hospital at 8am, i went to work, came home that night and was going to take my wife to the hospital to visit her, when imagine  my surprise when she told me they were both home at 5:30 pm! Now im not saying this is a bad thing, i mean at least their's only one days dishes and ironing for her to catch up on, and hubby hasn't managed to either starve himself to death, or hasn't put on 2 stone from eating take - aways all week, but one day does seem a bit quick!
  • edited July 2010
    congtrats GRANDAD!!
    i do hope no women read your post or you might be in for a slap for the last few comments!!
    congrats also to the rest of your family!
  • edited July 2010
    First of all, congratulations.

Just before my daughter was born a couple of years ago we went to one of the anti natal things & the same thing came up in conversation there. Apparently, the reason why they generally don't keep mothers in hospital for longer than they should is because (and these were the EXACT words from the woman telling us) your own home has less germs than the hospital!

Kinda makes you feel good about going in them doesn't it?
  • edited July 2010
    Congrats by the way!!!!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to I'm having a baby? I'll be home for tea!:
    Now i'm only 45 but when i was young, i remember going to the hospital to visit my mum after she had a baby. Children were not allowed on the ward and she had to open a window with me peeking at my brother from outside! I remember women, after giving birth were routinely kept in for 5-7 days for screening and checks. Now its all changed, my daughter went into hospital at 8am, i went to work, came home that night and was going to take my wife to the hospital to visit her, when imagine  my surprise when she told me they were both home at 5:30 pm! Now im not saying this is a bad thing, i mean at least their's only one days dishes and ironing for her to catch up on, and hubby hasn't managed to either starve himself to death, or has put on 2 stone from eating take - aways all week, but one day does seem a bit quick!
    Posted by loonytoons
    Congrats on becoming a grandaddy :o)
    I must say that everything is super quick now also...I had my 1st on my 20th Birthday at home...the midwifes went within an hour and the doctor was due later in the day to pop around and check us.
    Well I had him at 10am and no-one had slept so hubby and baby went to sleep but I was sooooooo exited I couldnt! Anyhoo...I decided to pop to the shop at the bottom of the road 2 hours later!
    No-one told me as a young mum to rest...I live at the top of a very steep hill and once I'd been to the shop and bragged about my sweet new baby I started back up the hill....at this time hubby didnt even know I'd popped out for a pint of milk! A nice lady ended up helping me back up the hill once the pain set in!
    If this is your daughters first baby just make sure she doesnt overdo it just because they let you out early! lol

Congrats again :o) x
  • edited July 2010
    Congratulations to you and the family, all the best mate
  • edited July 2010
    MY WIFE STARTED LABOUR AT 12PM ON A SATURDAY AND SHE WANT TO GO TO HOSPITAL BUT KNOWING WHAT THE MID-WIFE SAID LEAVE IT AS LONG AS YOU CAN BEFORE YOU COME IN AND AS WIFE ONLY JUST LABOUR PAINS I MANAGED TO PERSAUDE HER TO LEAVE IT AS LONG AS POS ( THAT WAY I CAN FOOTBALL RESULTS ) . ANYWAY WE WENT AROUND 6.30PM THAT NITE AT 8.30 THE MID-WIFE SAID IT WILL TAKE A FEW MORE HOUR SO I MY AS WELL GO HOME ( PUB HERE I COME ) AND THERE`L RING ME IF I`M NEEDED, SO I IN PUB DRUNK A QUATER PINT WHEN THEY RING, THIS HAPPEN 4 TIMES DURING THE NITE ( HAD A GREAT LANDLORD FOR LOCK-INS ) AND COST ME SMALL FORTUNE IN TAXI`S, AS IT WAS THE WIFE HAD TO HAVE AN EMERGANCY C-SECTION BECAUSE THE BABY`S SHOULDER WAS STUCK ON THE HIP BONE, AND THE SERGION ASKED IF I`D LIKE TO COME IN AND HOLD WIFES HAND, NO WAY IT TOOK ME 7MONTHS TO GET USE TO DELEVERY ROOM NOW THERE GIVIN 20MIN TO GO IN OPERATION ROOM, AS IT WAS 30HRS AFTER WIFE STARTED LABOUR WE ENDED UP A BEAUTIFUL HEALTHY BABY GIRL, WHAT SUPRISED ME WAS THE WIFE WANT TO COME HOME NEXT DAY AND THE STAFF SAID SHE COULD, SO IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS I SAID NO WAY NOT AFTER THE ORDEAL I JUST WENT SORRY SHE JUST WENT THOUGH, SHE IS STAYIN FOR A LEAST 3 DAYS MIN, ( HE-HE I`M CELERBATING )
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: I'm having a baby? I'll be home for tea!:
    As much as a certain person would like me to kick off here. I will just say congratulations and was it a boy or girl. ?  Also  Apache women were expected to give birth on the trail and catch up with no help from the men. Oops I have kicked off.!! sry. 
    Posted by logdon
    A girl, and i always knew you lot had it easy in this country lool.
  • edited July 2010
    As much as a certain person would like me to kick off here. I will just say congratulations and was it a boy or girl. ?  Also  Apache women were expected to give birth on the trail and catch up with no help from the men. Oops I have kicked off.!! sry. 
    Posted by logdon
    Yawn Annieaggro. X
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: I'm having a baby? I'll be home for tea! : Men you always leave out the details.  Oh its just a baby seen lots of them, yes but ,  please complete.  Weight time born colour eyes,  features, healthy, and most important what "Names" ect, Thank you.    
    Posted by logdon
    ok :-
    8lb 2 oz
    8am
    eyes - closed
    features - face, head, 2 arms, 2 legs
    healthy - yep
    Name - Nikkita
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: I'm having a baby? I'll be home for tea! : Men you always leave out the details.  Oh its just a baby seen lots of them, yes but ,  please complete.  Weight time born colour eyes,  features, healthy, and most important what "Names" ect, Thank you.    
    Posted by logdon
    this day and age ( not sayin you are ) but to many nutters out there so no way am i giving detials, anything happened to my girls and i`d rip-um apart, i`m 5ft 5 small built but when i get going you`l need an army, espiacally when my girls are invovled
  • edited July 2010
    Posted by logdon
    Swap blue and red over??? lol

Congratulations Loony.

Women make such a meal of child birth, apparently its supposed to sting abit? - Has it got easier or something??

Surely they shud refuse to give drugs to any teenager during childbirth - that make 14 yr olds think twice before serving it up to anyone.

Thats one for smiler along with the death penalty!

No mercy
  • edited July 2010
    I was fortunate,

With my first child, it was 2 weeks before due date, and I was goin to the pub to play poker.  My missus said, dont get hammered, I could go into labour at any time.  Ok, I said, knowing full well she wouldnt go into labour that night as all first pregnancies go over the due date, but I was just re assuring her, I`m nice like that.

Got home around midnight and had a right taste for it then, started soldiering through my 12 cans in the fridge, then at half 2, missus waters broke, uh oh, im steamin and she is in labour. At 4am, Im drivinmg to the hospital.  Get there, and its like walkin into a horror film. Screaming everywhere. Didnrt need that in my state of mind.  About half five, I start feelin real sick.  I told the midwife and she said ` oh shut up`, im being serious, the cheek.  Anyway couple hours later, she has a healthy girl, all`s good.

Obv, missus wasnt very happy, so for the next one, I promised I wouldnt touch a drop ( well wouldnt go over drink drive limit ) for 4 weeks before due date.

So, the night before the 4 week cut off, I get absolutely trashed coz i know I have a long dry stint ahead, this was new territory for me and it scared me.  Two days later, she goes into labour, and she has a bouncing baby boy, who actually was the biggest baby on the ward, even tho he was 4 weeks early.

So, basically, I had to give up drinking for ONE WHOLE DAY............God I run good
  • edited July 2010
    Congrats looney ........ so that makes you a GRANDDAD then  :o)
  • edited July 2010
    Congrats looney ........ so that makes you a GRANDDAD then  :o)
    Posted by elsadog
    LOONY`S LIE`N BOUT AGE, HE`S GREAT GREAT GRANDAD, lol