You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

************Fightback against rebuys tonight*******

right they have put a few tournaments up tonight which are not rebuys, my suggestion is if we can get more people registering for these as we would before then we can make a point and maybe they will tone down on the rebuys a bit. See i dont mind a rebuy but personally dont think they should replace another tournament or maybe if they are lower buy ins

Tonight i have registered for 3 which are not rebuys as follows:

£200 gtd £5.50 at 9.10pm
£300 Velo £5.50 at 9.40pm
£100 gtd Speed £1.10 10.35

all above besides £1.10 would be bad for my bankroll but i feel it is necessary to put a point across

Good luck at the tables
John

Comments

• edited July 2010
    anyone care to join me in the above games? no rebuys :o)
  • edited July 2010

The last one fits my brm but not sure i will be back in time but will try ;-)

• edited July 2010

Nice work fella but I fear your fighting a losing battle.

Guarentees in these tournaments is the only way numbers will increase, they're essential.

I think the best way is to just go cold turkey until the world cup finishes, then pray, fingers x'd, that the 3 main tournys that have been effected (3pm 250 gtd, 9pm, 1kgtd, and 10pm 1k vel) all go bak to normal.

The guarentees offered in the above tournys, are just not big enough to make them attractive to me. Bigger is better.

Anyway run good, gl
  • edited July 2010
    yeah very true dohhhhh :o( we made gurantee on first tourney due to start but then again still wont reach what we would have got if they were as normal. the thing is although they say we're less busy but to me the amount of people online is about the same so really just people arent registering for tourneys anymore and i assume its due to the gurantee
  • edited July 2010
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to ************Fightback against rebuys tonight*******:
    I will be in the 1035 as it is not a rebuy. I would be in the 1950(£3.30) and the 2050(£3.30) if they were not rebuys. But i am not topping up sky's coffers playing games that i don't want to play.This strategy is like not liking the asda's own brand of beans and asking everyone to buy them so there is none left.Asda will simply carry on as before order more and all you have done is increased their profit.
    If i don't like asda's own beans and they don't stock heinz .....i go to sainsbury's simple.

You either work for sky and this in an attempt to get more players playing out of sheer desperation lol or you need to re-visit your protest skills.
    Many people have complained about the re-buys,many times,many people have complained about the lack of choice of freezeouts for people with limited Bank rolls.Very very little has been done as sky profit margins no doubt have increased with the addition of (more appropriately called infection of) re-buys.This is merely short term gain and by the time sky realise how many players they have upset it will be too late, these players will have left and be playing on other sites.I myself will not play re-buys as ...hey i don't want to.... i liked speed freezeouts (now rarer than an england goal).So i will see you in the 100 speed at 1035(was £120) and good luck playing the £5.50 games.Too high for my BR.

Snorky